Sad news: -tz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad news: -tz

Dear fellow Yankees fans, I'm sorry to have to share some bad news with you. Our longtime NYYFans member -tz (Kathie Coblentz) died unexpectedly last Saturday night from head injuries after being struck by a car. She was 73 years old, and leaves no immediate survivors besides her friends, who include many of you here.

Kathie was one of my co-workers and a close friend since the late 1990s. As you know, she was a devoted fan and we went to many Yankees games together; in fact, we had tickets for the game tonight.

She was smart, idiosyncratic, funny, difficult, and often downright irritating, but she was also a loyal friend and baseball fan. Please remember her in the Game Thread tonight, and whenever you're at the Stadium.

I have no words. -tz will be missed dearly. I'm so terribly sorry.
    If you gotta a problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta a problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate.

Comment

Omg. Heartbreaking. RIP Kathie. Thank you for bringing this new to us, Yomiuri, even though it brings such sadness. She was always one of my favorites here.

Comment

Jesus. That's tragic. She'll be missed. Great poster.
        Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
          I have no words. -tz will be missed dearly. I'm so terribly sorry.
          Agreed 100%. Horrible news.
          Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

I'm heartbroken. -tz was one of my favorites.

Live every day to the fullest, my friends.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
            - President Barack Obama

Comment

RIP to the Queen of Screen Caps. She will be missed greatly.

Comment

Wow, this is terrible news. I have reduced my time on this forum because I don't get much enjoyment posting here any longer as we lose more posters like tz, it's becoming clearer this forum has changed over the years. May she R.I.P.
                NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

how incredibly sad....
                  "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Wow, So sorry, terrible news. RIP
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

She was always a positive contributor to the forum here, and probably upgraded everyone's discipline around linking to sources and proper nomenclature in thread titles. Never had the pleasure of getting to know anything about her personally, but will miss her input here. RIP -tz.

Comment

I'm just shocked to hear this. I'd known her in this capacity for almost 20 years now, and while we were never best forum friends or anything, she was just a constant presence. I used to participate all the time in the game threads and she was always there, and I loved joking around with her (and didn't love so much occasionally gently warning her for negative predictions back in my mod days!) Yomiuri, I'm sorry for your loss as well, and I think the way you described her is absolutely perfect and consistent with my experience. She was one of the most uniquely...herself people here, and totally comfortable with just being her, I guess is a way to put it (in the most positive way possible.) This is so terrible. Yomiuri , do you know if she had a favorite charity or anything? If there is an obituary and it directs donations somewhere, please let us know. Again, I'm so sorry. This forum won't be the same without her.
                        -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Yomiuri View Post
                          Dear fellow Yankees fans, I'm sorry to have to share some bad news with you. Our longtime NYYFans member -tz (Kathie Coblentz) died unexpectedly last Saturday night from head injuries after being struck by a car. She was 73 years old, and leaves no immediate survivors besides her friends, who include many of you here.

Kathie was one of my co-workers and a close friend since the late 1990s. As you know, she was a devoted fan and we went to many Yankees games together; in fact, we had tickets for the game tonight.

She was smart, idiosyncratic, funny, difficult, and often downright irritating, but she was also a loyal friend and baseball fan. Please remember her in the Game Thread tonight, and whenever you're at the Stadium.
                          Truly sad. I too enjoyed her postings. Also, my deepest sympathies to you as one of her co-workers and close friends. May she RIP.
                          "The Yankee is one who, if he once gets his teeth set on a thing, all creation can't make him let go." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Oh, that's heartbreaking...as close to a real loss as an on-line acquaintance can get. She was a lot of fun with her classical references, passionate addiction to Yankee insurance runs, and just a general distinctive style that was clearly her own. All forums need a librarian like her; she brought so much to this forum and it will not be replaced.

RIP dear lady.
                            "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

-tz was wonderful. I made many posts with references to poetry or literature where she was my sole intended audience. She had a great sense of humor...except for the one time I made a "dowdy librarian" crack, and she ripped me a new one. She was completely right, too. I will miss her terribly.
                              A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
                              - Barry Manilow

Comment

Working...
                              X