Another day, another mass shooting in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Yup. Saw this earlier and needless to say not shocked.
    Not shocked that it was a former cop or not shocked about the child sex abuse? His being an ex-cop doesnt shock me, but I don’t see anything obvious about it, either.
    Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

Not shocked that it was a former cop or not shocked about the child sex abuse? His being an ex-cop doesnt shock me, but I don’t see anything obvious about it, either.
      Child abuse always shocks me. Ever said it was obvious but just as as issue, not shocked it was a former cop.

Comment

Child abuse always shocks me. Ever said it was obvious but just as as issue, not shocked it was a former cop.
        He's also the third man of color to commit mass murder in the last few weeks. So the white man pattern seems to have been broken.

Now we're down to one consistent fact.

It'a always a man.
        Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

Originally posted by HfxBob View Post

He's also the third man of color to commit mass murder in the last few weeks. So the white man pattern seems to have been broken.

It'a always a man.
          Well, and the obvious, uniquely American aspect (at least, among wealthier nations):

CONCLUSION: The number of guns per capita per country was a strong and independent predictor of firearm-related death in a given country, whereas the predictive power of the mental illness burden was of borderline significance in a multivariable model. Regardless of exact cause and effect, however, the current study debunks the widely quoted hypothesis that guns make a nation safer
          https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002...13)00444-0/pdf

Comment

It'a always a man.
            Nah. Small sample size. We'll see where it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

Nah. Small sample size. We'll see where it goes.
              The idea that 3 mass shootings inside a month, with about 20 people dead, is now a small sample size, is horrific in itself.
              Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

The idea that 3 mass shootings inside a month, with about 20 people dead, is now a small sample size, is horrific in itself.
                That’s ‘Murica for ya.
                Baseball is life;
                the rest is just details.

Comment

There’s a long history that says mass shootings are usually committed by white men. Three over a short period of time doesn’t change that.
                  Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

There’s a long history that says mass shootings are usually committed by white men. Three over a short period of time doesn’t change that.
                    How many would you need?
                    Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

Aurora, Colorado, and now this one. What was the second one?

And how sad is it that I can't even keep track of them anymore?

But yeah, always men, usually white. The only woman I recall is one of the San Bernardino killers, and she had a man as an accomplice.

The Pulse nightclub terrorist slaughtered 49 -- unthinkable -- and also was not white. The Virginia Tech murderer killed dozens and was not white. Both male, of course. I know those are not super recent, though.
                      "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

The second one was a former NFL player, Phillip Adams, who killed a doctor and his wife, their two grandchildren, and two men who were working at the house at the time.
                        Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

And how sad is it that I can't even keep track of them anymore?

But yeah, always men, usually white. The only woman I recall is one of the San Bernardino killers, and she had a man as an accomplice.

The Pulse nightclub terrorist slaughtered 49 -- unthinkable -- and also was not white. The Virginia Tech murderer killed dozens and was not white. Both male, of course. I know those are not super recent, though.
                          https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

By race White shooters are around 53% of mass shooters so if more than half is "usually" sure.

It's not "always men" but here usually is an apt description as various sites have the percentage of female mass shooters around 2%-5% depending on which site you pull statistics from. This one has it at 3/118.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...oter-s-gender/
                          Baseball is life;
                          the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                            https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

By race White shooters are around 53% of mass shooters so if more than half is "usually" sure.

It's not "always men" but here usually is an apt description as various sites have the percentage of female mass shooters around 2%-5% depending on which site you pull statistics from. This one has it at 3/118.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...oter-s-gender/
                            From that article:

"Broadly speaking, the racial distribution of mass shootings mirrors the racial distribution of the U.S. population as a whole."

Which kind of settles that question.
                            Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

Active shooter at a Stop and Shop in West Hempstead, NY

Comment

Active shooter at a Stop and Shop in West Hempstead, NY
                                It seems like this happens every day. What is going on?

Comment

Working...
                                X