Another day, another mass shooting in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HfxBob View Post

So what you've said is a) no amount of gun control will stop mass shootings; and b) the idea of the average citizens who get killed in these shootings being armed and having a chance to defend themselves is ridiculous.

I guess that adds up to thoughts and prayers being the only response.
    Nah. Didn't say that at all.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers (lip service) is all that's gonna come out of the GOP Congressional leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

Nah. Didn't say that at all.
        You said "strong gun control laws are not going to stop mass shootings".
        Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

You said "strong gun control laws are not going to stop mass shootings".
          That is not disputable but when you cut off my sentence like that you misrepresent what I'm saying. Not cool bob.

Comment

This country better be ready now to dump the old rationalization that since gun control legislation won't stop mass shootings we shouldn't pass anything.

Comment

That is not disputable but when you cut off my sentence like that you misrepresent what I'm saying. Not cool bob.
              OK, the rest of your sentence that pertained to mass shootings said "they might make them harder to carry out".

It doesn't really contradict the part that I quoted. You're saying there's a chance the number of mass shootings will be reduced, but there's no certainty of that either.

I don'[t mean to be misrepresenting your position and I'm sorry if I did.

I do agree that even if gun control makes no difference in mass shootings, it will save lives.
              Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

It's just so incredibly frustrating and maddening to keep reading about these bloodbaths and to know that nothing is going to be done to stop the inevitable next ones.

A few years ago there was a near miss very close to where I live. 3 individuals had planned a shooting spree at one of the busiest shopping malls in the area. My daughter was working in one of the stores in the mall at the time it was planned for.

The only reason it didn't happen is that one of the 3 had a change of heart and called the police.

Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

It's just so incredibly frustrating and maddening to keep reading about these bloodbaths and to know that nothing is going to be done to stop the inevitable next ones.
                  Try living in this dump. Your example notwithstanding, these things are incredibly rare in Canada. You're extremely fortunate to live where you live, for multiple reasons. Canada has its flaws, but they're nothing to ours. My envy runs deep.
                  "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

Try living in this dump. Your example notwithstanding, these things are incredibly rare in Canada. You're extremely fortunate to live where you live, for multiple reasons. Canada has its flaws, but they're nothing to ours. My envy runs deep.
                    I hope they stay incredibly rare. But a little over a year ago we had a man go on a shooting rampage that started about 60 or 70 miles from me, and he killed 22 people.
                    Last edited by HfxBob; 05-30-21, 08:13 AM.
                    Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

I hope they stay incredibly rare. But a little over a year ago we had a man go a shooting rampage that started about 60 or 70 miles from me, and he killed 22 people.
                      9 years ago man walked into an elementary school 5 miles from my house and killed 20 six and seven year old children and six teachers. (Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT. Town has never been the same since. This was when I gave up on gun control as if the slaughter of 6 snd 7 year olds didn’t phase Republicans nothing will.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/30/us/fl...ing/index.html

Police are looking for the assailants who opened fire at a Florida club, killing at least two people and wounding at least 20 more,
                        Hey look. A shooting.

Comment

No way to prevent this.
                          Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

9 years ago man walked into an elementary school 5 miles from my house and killed 20 six and seven year old children and six teachers. (Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT. Town has never been the same since. This was when I gave up on gun control as if the slaughter of 6 snd 7 year olds didn’t phase Republicans nothing will.
                            They all should've been forced to look at the photos of the bodies of those children, ripped apart by high caliber bullets. Even that wouldn't faze them, I'll bet.

Prolife, though.
                            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

They all should've been forced to look at the photos of the bodies of those children, ripped apart by high caliber bullets. Even that wouldn't faze them, I'll bet.

Prolife, though.
                              Now the Republicans have given up even pretending they care and bypassing even the thoughts and prayers

Comment

Prolife, though.
                                That would have been dismissed as "politicizing a tragedy." As if it were not already a political tragedy.
                                Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Working...
                                X