Another day, another mass shooting in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

That would have been dismissed as "politicizing a tragedy." As if it were not already a political tragedy.
    I hope my death is politicized if I'm ever killed in a mass shooting. Promise me you'll do that for me if that happens. I want it to be political as hell.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

There should be a new memorial built, with the names of all the victims of mass shootings inscribed in it.
      Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

Shooting in Austin. Shooting in Dallas. Shooting in Savannah. We live in an fps game. Pew pew pew

Comment

1 dead, 13 injured in series of drive-bys northwest of Phoenix

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_fb_ma

Stay klassy, Murica.
          "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/26/us/ar...tan/index.html

The man hailed as a hero for preventing further bloodshed after a gunman fatally shot a police officer in Arvada, Colorado, on Monday was himself fatally shot by police, Arvada police said in a statement Friday afternoon.
            Police say Johnny Hurley, 40, confronted the gunman, identified as Ronald Troyke, after Troyke had shot and killed Arvada police officer Gordon Beesley near Arvada's Olde Town Square on Monday afternoon.

As Troyke ran toward the square with a long gun, Hurley shot the suspect with a handgun, according to Arvada police.

"A responding Arvada Police Officer then encountered Mr. Hurley, who was holding the suspect's AR-15," the statement said. "The officer shot him."
            You get a gun! And you get a gun! And you get a gun! Guns for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
              https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/26/us/ar...tan/index.html

You get a gun! And you get a gun! And you get a gun! Guns for everyone!
              So much for the "good guy with a gun."

How devastating for him and his family.

Comment

I've reached the point there's no more to be said on this. It's carnage that doesn't end and that nothing is done about.
                Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

Two disasters averted thanks to hotel maids speaking up after finding guns in hotel rooms....

Ankeny man arrested in Chicago after maid found firearms in hotel room (kcci.com)

Maid finds cache of weapons, ammo and body armor in hotel room ahead of All-Star game in Denver – 95.5 WSB (wsbradio.com)

Comment

So I guess we've had a few kids shot at schools. One died. Still nothing that can be done. Oh well.

Comment

So I guess we've had a few kids shot at schools. One died. Still nothing that can be done. Oh well.
                      More crisis actors?
                      Baseball is life;
                      the rest is just details.

Comment

A male former Marine in Florida broke into a house and killed 4 people, including an infant, a few days ago. Totally random people with no connection to him - terrifying. I saw nothing about this until tonight. He claimed to be on meth and made some bizarre statements, but he also was wearing body armor and a bulletproof vest. The 11 year old girl who escaped undoubtedly will be traumatized for life. Guns are a scourge on this country. I despise them and it.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/...k-in-lakeland/

Comment

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...gh/8810326002/

Three students were killed Tuesday and six others wounded in an afternoon shooting at Oxford High School, Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe said.

The shooter, a 15-year-old sophomore, is in custody, McCabe added during a news conference.
                          ho-hum

Comment

Male murderer, of course.

Nothing will change. This country is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

Male murderer, of course.

Nothing will change. This country is garbage.
                              He's a child. This is what we teach.

Comment

He's a child. This is what we teach.
                                Only if he's white, though, which the article didn't say. I guess it's ok for white male children to kill other kids, according to the pro-life crowd. They sure do love their guns and fetuses, but not actual children.

Toxic masculinity kills again.

Comment

Working...
                                X