Another day, another mass shooting in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post

Why not? Why is that the chosen off-limits qualifier?
    [Moderator]

We have Community Standards. There's a link at the bottom of your screen. It's one of the things that keeps this board from becoming a garbage heap. Religion is not the only off-limits qualifier. We also prohibit racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ageist, ableist or any other kind of discriminatory remarks or sentiments.

From those standards....."Posts that insult or demean the religious beliefs of others and/or attack any specific religion are not permitted and will be cause for immediate moderation."

You have two choices: abide by those Community Standards, or find somewhere else to post.

[/Moderator]

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post

Why is that the group we’re always accommodating? Why isn’t the “people that are offended by slaughtered children” the preferred demographic?

I know, forum rules. As a society, we should be doing more to call bs on that as a way to avoid actually addressing the problem. And getting it out of our legislative and judicial bodies entirely.
      Which group are you referring to? All groups that believe in prayer? And is the standard that we not denigrate religious beliefs really "accommodating" a group(s)?

Comment

We are not allowed to denigrate cops as a group either. Not sure what religion that is but apparently enough people worship them that maynerd felt it should be a rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
          We are not allowed to denigrate cops as a group either. Not sure what religion that is but apparently enough people worship them that maynerd felt it should be a rule.
          [Moderator]

Community Standards....."It is imperative that users treat fellow forum members with respect. Disagreeing with another user's opinion does not give one the right to insult or otherwise demean that user....Any user who insults or bashes another user, either directly or subtly (using avatars, comments in sig files, custom user titles, coded messages or any other means), is in violation of the Community Standards and may have their posting privileges revoked, without warning."

We have at least one police officer in our community. We have others who have police officers as family members. I have not requested anyone worship them, but I have enforced the Community Standards, in that I will not allow them to be disrespected or demeaned. I have also not unilaterally decided that "it should be a rule." It was a rule all along.

[/Moderator]

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
          - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

We're a couple weeks away from 9 years since Sandy Hook. If the massacre of small children hasn't moved the needle, sadly nothing will move it
            We couldn’t possibly value the lives of children over a tool.
            Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
            who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
            'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comment

Originally posted by ajra21 View Post

We couldn’t possibly value the lives of children over a tool.
              Republicans are ok with children dying from gunshots but against vaccines. Seems more like the anti life party

Comment

The thing about guns in America is, not only do more and more people possess them, and obtain them with incredible ease, the weapons themselves become easier to use and more powerful all the time. It's so out of control there really isn't a word strong enough for it.
                Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

Originally posted by HfxBob View Post
                  The thing about guns in America is, not only do more and more people possess them, and obtain them with incredible ease, the weapons themselves become easier to use and more powerful all the time. It's so out of control there really isn't a word strong enough for it.
                  Freedumb
                  Baseball is life;
                  the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by HfxBob View Post
                    People do love their guns. I hate guns, so I'm not the most impartial judge about this.
                    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

People do love their guns. I hate guns, so I'm not the most impartial judge about this.
                      I don't see a benefit to impartially when it comes to something that is the root cause of so much death and damage.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Republicans are ok with children dying from gunshots but against vaccines. Seems more like the anti life party
                        Yup. And I have so many possible responses but I won’t type them other than to say when you built your existence around [edited by Moderator], you are likely to hold [edited by Moderator] positions based on [edited by Moderator].
                        Last edited by Maynerd; 12-03-21, 09:54 AM.

Comment

The “culture” around guns is a significant problem. It results in the death of far too many people.

I think the second amendment is a good example of why the US is not a modern country because a modern country would recognise how out dated and pathetic it is.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...ay-2021-12-03/

The parents of the teen charged with fatally shooting four people and wounding seven others at a Michigan high school have been charged in connection with the rampage, authorities said Friday. James and Jennifer Crumbley have each been charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter, they said.
                            The prosecutor said a teacher reported Ethan for using his phone to search for ammunition online on November 21. Jennifer and James were notified by email and voicemail but did not respond to school officials, she said.
                            McDonald read text messages between the suspect and his mother. "LOL I'm not mad at you," Jennifer told Ethan after the teacher reported him, according to McDonald. "You have to learn not to get caught."

McDonald said police found evidence on social media and in personal messages that proved Jennifer and James bought the gun for Ethan as a Christmas present. The gun was left unlocked in a dresser in the parents' room, she said.
                            Not a loner.

Comment

Originally posted by ajra21 View Post

The “culture” around guns is a significant problem. It results in the death of far too many people.

I think the second amendment is a good example of why the US is not a modern country because a modern country would recognise how out dated and pathetic it is.
                              The culture may be the biggest problem, and it's gotten noticeably worse in recent years. As we see with the Michigan shooting, as guns have become more commonplace, precautions aren't being taken by many, and they're just another accessory. Sure, the Michigan shooter may be a particularly bad example, but we've seen plenty of "patriots" with assault rifles mishandling them in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                                Normally, I believe, in psychological profiling terms, a 15-year old whose only friends are his parents would qualify as a "loner."

This case, of course, is an extremely unusual one, in that the parents are being regarded as accomplices.
                                Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

Working...
                                X