No announcement yet.

Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
    Short and repetitive beats long and repetitive, but yes, it's boring. Chicken/egg boring. Hot dob/sandwich/not sandwich is more interesting. Why don't you two focus on how this gets fixed?
    I'd be glad to, but you can't fix a problem if you can't identify it correctly. Or, as James Baldwin said, “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”
    Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish595 View Post
      I know what your pronouns are.

You asked me if all other things were equal would there be no advantages. I’d believe yes. . As everything would be equal. Specifically I would think money.
      I gave my pronouns because you were answering me but referred to "them". Not sure why.

How do you explain the black-white income and wealth gap?

https://www.frbsf.org/economic-resea...hite-wage-gap/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianth.../#7a5190d77a48

Comment

Don’t have babies out of wed lock. Won’t solve everything but it would greatly greatly help
        Or not.

Comment

https://itep.org/amazon-in-its-prime...-income-taxes/

Amazon, the ubiquitous purveyor of two-day delivery of just about everything, nearly doubled its profits to $11.2 billion in 2018 from $5.6 billion the previous year and, once again, didn’t pay a single cent of federal income taxes.

The company’s newest corporate filing reveals that, far from paying the statutory 21 percent income tax rate on its U.S. income in 2018, Amazon reported a federal income tax rebate of $129 million. For those who don’t have a pocket calculator handy, that works out to a tax rate of negative 1 percent. The fine print of Amazon’s income tax disclosure shows that this achievement is partly due to various unspecified “tax credits” as well as a tax break for executive stock options.

This isn’t the first year that the cyber-retailing giant has avoided federal taxes. Last year, the company paid no federal corporate income taxes on $5.6 billion in U.S. income.

Comment

Here's a good "all other things being equal" study: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...black-men.html

Comment

And here's a quick summary from Forbes - not the Times - that includes the effects of historical policies and systemic racism on wealth: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianth.../#1cebb2947a48

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                I did. You said that was just statistics.

Here's another one with basically the stats

https://www.benjerry.com/home/whats-...racism-is-real
                You wouldn't expect that from an icebean purveyor. Good stuff. The ice cream and the info.
                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                  You wouldn't expect that from an icebean purveyor. Good stuff. The ice cream and the info.
                  You’re an icebean purveyor.

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                    You’re an icebean purveyor.
                    Damn phone. I'm leaving it. That definitely should be the new "hot dob."
                    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Damn phone. I'm leaving it. That definitely should be the new "hot dob."
                      Icebean is not a sandwich.

/thread

Comment

Icebean is not a sandwich.

/thread
                        It could be if you put it in a cone. Or between 2 cones.

Comment

Don’t have babies out of wed lock. Won’t solve everything but it would greatly greatly help
                          So your solution is advice that would fit on a bumper sticker? Why don't you tell an equal number just to get rich, and see which works better? ...because I bet getting rich won't solve everything but it would greatly help.
                          "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

It could be if you put it in a cone. Or between 2 cones.
                            You don’t have to go that far. There is such a thing as an icebean sandwich. There’s such a thing as a roast beef sandwich, too, but roast beef isn’t a sandwich.

Comment

You don’t have to go that far. There is such a thing as an icebean sandwich. There’s such a thing as a roast beef sandwich, too, but roast beef isn’t a sandwich.
                              Roast Beef and Ice Bean sandwich sounds throughly disgusting.
                              Baseball is life;
                              the rest is just details.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0DI6apDgVA

Jessie smollett cAse looks more and more like a hoax everyday.

Why did he keep the noose around his neck when he wasn’t originally going to call the cops
                                Wow nice call on this. Hopefully his punishment isnt too harsh, his bad decisions werent really his fault, its white people and slavery that made him do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X