No announcement yet.

Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Originally posted by Jburke View Post
    Holy potkettleblack. Did you type this with a straight face?
    You are half right. His comment was also condescending.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Two arrested in the Smollett hoax.
      Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
        Two arrested in the Smollett hoax.
        Has there been confirmation that it's a hoax? Last I read the CPD was still denying those reports.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post
          That's actually not true. You can still find plenty of conservatives who aren't in favor of marriage rights, adoption rights... which translates into disparities in insurance and other things that people take for granted.
          This. It isn't hard to find people who don't support equal rights at all. I grew up as one and still know lots of them.
          "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
            Has there been confirmation that it's a hoax? Last I read the CPD was still denying those reports.
            2 Nigerian guys wearing MAGA hats who worked with Jussie, shouting out the N and F words, yeah that could happen

Comment

Originally posted by ieddyi3 View Post
              2 Nigerian guys wearing MAGA hats who worked with Jussie, shouting out the N and F words, yeah that could happen
              Is that what happened? I have not followed this at all other than what's creeped across my twtter timeline.

Comment

Is that what happened? I have not followed this at all other than what's creeped across my twtter timeline.
                Yep, you couldn't make up a more weird scenario

Here's a pic of the brothers :

https://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-cont...-1-300x199.png

They were the only ones that showed up on any cctv at the time of the incident

Definitely not white, and I'd wager not MAGA guys

If they've been arrested, I would think it's for participating in a hoax

Comment

No confirmation. Should have answers pretty soon though.
                  Let the kids play.

Comment

If all the democratic candidates I looked at. Andrew yang looks to be the best economically

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
                      So you think there is no way Trump gets reelected or the Repugs gain seats in 2020?
                      That’s correct.
                      History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                      - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                        You are half right. His comment was also condescending.
                        Youre right, it was a wiseas$ thing to say. Not my usual self today i guess.

A guy can only take so much before giving it back just a little.
                        Last edited by Jburke; 02-16-19, 09:06 AM.

Comment

And, now, one of the "potential suspects" in the @JussieSmollett case walking upside down on a treadmill in the gym at Smollett's building. #JussieSmollett #ItDoesntWorkThatWay #Chicago pic.twitter.com/umjaf2CiKh

— CWBChicago (@CWBChicago) February 15, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                            No, it won't fall flat. New York is synonymous with Democrats to the rest of the country. Why does he need a name? The name is "Democrat." I am surprised you could be this naive, John. I am talking about 21st century politics in the USA. People's votes get moved by their answers to poll questions like "who can better create jobs, Ds or Rs?" That's why they ask those questions. The majority of people barely know the names of the candidates.

And he is far from a lost cause. If the Dems take half the advice handed out on this forum in the posts above they will hand the election to Trump on a platter and then end up whining about the electoral college again. Stop thinking about how to grow meaningless majorities in blue states and start thinking about how win non-blue states, because that is how elections are won. You guys are making me very nervous this clown could be with us for four more years and the Dems will have only themselves to blame. I want him gone. That is Job 1.

Further, there is no guarantee the Republican candidate will be Trump. Any approach has to be looked at in that context.
                            Not naive at all. Trump needs a person. He doesn’t attack generic Democrats well.
                            History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                            - MTG

Comment

Tough day for the liberal media outlets. First the Covington kids were exonerated on the front page of the Washington post. Then the whole Justin Smollett story falls apart.

Did you guys hear about this guy?
                              https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...ttack.amp.html

Maybe the media could run with this story--rumor has it the mountain lion was screaming "this is MAGA country!!" Possibly wearing a red hat too.

Comment

Originally posted by ieddyi3 View Post
                                First ive ever heard of Nigerian white supremacists.

Comment

Working...
                                X