Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

Quality but not quantity. I think the ones that have been trying to tear down democracy and causing intentional harm to people for a long time are always going to be ahead of the pack even if they don't come across as quite as crazy. At this point, I think you have to be a lunatic to be a republican.
    Well, there’s Larry Hogan. And…
    Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

So basically Roe v Wade no longer exists in Texas 🤬
      This isn't ok. I literally feel like vomiting, and that's no exaggeration. I cannot shake the unease. I have not felt this bad since Drumpf left office. I'm enraged that Dems are not engaged in an all-out war to pack the Court. ENRAGED. Their complacency is going to get us killed. I was on Twitter earlier and saw a copy of a death certificate that a woman had posted for her grandmother from 1933. Septicemia from self-induced abortion. I wept that this is what we're returning to. We're a third world dump.

Also, follow Plan C on Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram. Their website is plancpills.org. Everybody should stock up on abortion pills to help those in need of abortion services. Sadly we're gonna need them to save lives.
      Attached Files
      "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by HfxBob View Post

Just for fun, how would you rank the top 5 Republican lunatics?
        Only 5? Jeez...

In the House the first that come to mind are Gosar, Jordan, Gaetz, Greene, Brooks. Cawthorne and Boebert may be more dangerous than them all, but they've only been there 8 months (jeez that's scary).

Senate it's Ron John, Cruz, McConnell, Blackburn and Cotton

Comment

For Senate Rhody has a good list but I'd add Jim Inhofe who apparently is still alive.
          Baseball is life;
          the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

It's so disgusting. The American Taliban in full force.
            Wajahat Ali@WajahatAli

People are saying Republicans are doing Sharia Law in the US and like the American Taliban. I understand the analogy but don't blame this on Islam and use Muslims a benchmark for extremism. This is pure, homegrown, American extremism. You can call it by its name.
            He's right.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
              For Senate Rhody has a good list but I'd add Jim Inhofe who apparently is still alive.
              Josh Hawley

Also haven't heard a lot from Lindsey Graham recently but never count him out.

Comment

Josh Hawley

That's Josh Storm the Bastille and Free the Political Prisoners Hawley to you. TYVM
                Baseball is life;

Comment

Under His Eye
                  Texas really is the new Gilead. There's an actual bounty on female bodies. It's terrifying.
                  "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

Texas really is the new Gilead. There's an actual bounty on female bodies. It's terrifying.
                    Texas is the land of freedom. Unless you want an Abortion, or to vote, or to sue a company who's driver hit you.
                    Baseball is life;

Comment

Texas is the land of freedom. Unless you want an Abortion, or to vote, or to sue a company who's driver hit you.
                      Or have health insurance. (Most uninsured in the country.)

FrEeDoM.

Seriously anyone can sue you for an abortion. An abusive ex-partner. Anybody. Somebody explain to me how some rando has standing for that. I'm no lawyer, but...

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

Texas school system closes after 2 teachers die of COVID-19

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...id-19-79756920

I don't understand why anyone would choose to live there. There were all those stories about tech folks moving from Silicon Valley to Texas, but it seems like a steep price for lower taxes. It's not just libertarian - they actually work to hurt their citizens.

Abbott is up for reelection in 2022 - that will say a lot about the state.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

Texas school system closes after 2 teachers die of COVID-19

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSt...id-19-79756920

I don't understand why anyone would choose to live there. There were all those stories about tech folks moving from Silicon Valley to Texas, but it seems like a steep price for lower taxes. It's not just libertarian - they actually work to hurt their citizens.

Abbott is up for reelection in 2022 - that will say a lot about the state.
                          I think they go for the quality unregulated energy grid.
                          Baseball is life;

Comment

I think they go for the quality unregulated energy grid.
                            I spit out my drink.

Comment

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/01/10310...pioid-epidemic

Nations top drug lord wins immunity from prosecution.
                              Baseball is life;

Comment

Josh Hawley

And rising star Tommy Tuberville. But maybe he’s not smart enough to be dangerous.
                                Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Working...
                                X