• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Rittenhouse found not guilty on all counts
    Of course.
    Attached Files

Comment

Bigger story out of Wisconsin today is this one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/u...-election.html

Republicans in Wisconsin are engaged in an all-out assault on the state’s election system, building off their attempts to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential race by pressing to give themselves full control over voting in the state.

The Republican effort — broader and more forceful than that in any other state where allies of former President Donald J. Trump are trying to overhaul elections — takes direct aim at the bipartisan Wisconsin Elections Commission, an agency Republicans created half a decade ago that has been under attack since the chaotic aftermath of last year’s election.

The onslaught picked up late last month after a long-awaited report on the 2020 results that was ordered by Republican state legislators found no evidence of fraud but made dozens of suggestions for the election commission and the G.O.P.-led Legislature, fueling Republican demands for more control of elections.

Then the Trump-aligned sheriff of Racine County, the state’s fifth most populous county, recommended felony charges against five of the six members of the election commission for guidance they had given to municipal clerks early in the pandemic. The Republican majority leader of the State Senate later seemed to give a green light to that proposal, saying that “prosecutors around the state” should determine whether to bring charges.

And last week, Senator Ron Johnson, a Republican, said that G.O.P. state lawmakers should unilaterally assert control of federal elections, claiming that they had the authority to do so even if Gov. Tony Evers, a Democrat, stood in their way — an extraordinary legal argument debunked by a 1932 Supreme Court decision and a 1964 ruling from the Wisconsin Supreme Court. His suggestion was nonetheless echoed by Michael Gableman, a conservative former State Supreme Court justice who is conducting the Legislature’s election inquiry.

Republican control of Wisconsin elections is necessary, Mr. Johnson said in an interview on Wednesday, because he believes Democrats cheat.
      Sleepwalking towards a fascist minority rule because Joe Manchin likes the filibuster.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Rittenhouse found not guilty on all counts
        He'll likely be another George Zimmerman and beat up a few women. White supremacy and misogyny go hand-in-hand.

I'm disgusted albeit unsurprised.
        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

There is nothing in her testimony or her history that would make you believe that she thinks she could make those kind of changes on her own even if she wanted to. Nothing. Believing that the government should play a greater role in our financial system is far from outrageous and certainly doesn't make her a communist. If anything, the OCC has been waaay to cozy with the banks it is supposed to be overseeing. A change from that is well past due.
          What they believe is important, regardless of whether they believe they will have the authority to do it. If a secretary of defense nominee had published a paper indicating that we should undertake a proactive nuclear strike on an enemy, that might be topical in a confirmation hearing regardless of whether anyone believes that nominee can unilaterally do it.

I agree the OCC has historically been too cozy with banks, although that seems to have improved (as Wells Fargo can likely attest to). I'm not personally opposed to stronger oversight of the banking system and stronger penalties for non-compliance, so I'd have no objection to a nominee whose past commentary supported that. I'd encourage it in fact. This is not that.

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
            What they believe is important, regardless of whether they believe they will have the authority to do it. If a secretary of defense nominee had published a paper indicating that we should undertake a proactive nuclear strike on an enemy, that might be topical in a confirmation hearing regardless of whether anyone believes that nominee can unilaterally do it.

I agree the OCC has historically been too cozy with banks, although that seems to have improved (as Wells Fargo can likely attest to). I'm not personally opposed to stronger oversight of the banking system and stronger penalties for non-compliance, so I'd have no objection to a nominee whose past commentary supported that. I'd encourage it in fact. This is not that.
            Bad analogy and still not communism

Comment

Just impossible that there could ever be any bias in these things right?! I guess all the mediocre white men in charge of so much were just the best person for the job.
              That's a neat trick you do there, by invoking words and images not conveyed in the post you're responding to. Of course there's bias. I don't think if a white, male nominee had recently espoused these exact same views that they'd be facing any less scrutiny in these hearings. In fact, probably the same exact pushback from Republican opposition and maybe more so from Democrats as well.

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
                That's a neat trick you do there, by invoking words and images not conveyed in the post you're responding to. Of course there's bias. I don't think if a white, male nominee had recently espoused these exact same views that they'd be facing any less scrutiny in these hearings. In fact, probably the same exact pushback from Republican opposition and maybe more so from Democrats as well.
                Cool except your response is repeatedly the same. It's always something other than sexism.

Comment

Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

http://nyyfansforum.sny.tv/forum/for...1#post12477741

Comment

Cool except your response is repeatedly the same. It's always something other than sexism.
                    And even when it's not sexism. It could still be sexism, or at least part possibly sexism, which makes it sexism. I think there is a flowchart of this. That's how the idealogical checkmate works.
                    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

No joy in people dying. Big difference.
                      Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

And even when it's not sexism. It could still be sexism, or at least part possibly sexism, which makes it sexism. I think there is a flowchart of this. That's how the idealogical checkmate works.
                        Implicit bias is implicit

Comment

Implicit bias is implicit
                          Yes. That's why the con is so genius. Can't prove otherwise. Idealogical checkmate FTW!
                          Calmer than you are

Comment

Yes. That's why the con is so genius. Can't prove otherwise. Idealogical checkmate FTW!
                            well there are all those mediocre white men in charge of everything

Comment

No joy in people dying. Big difference.
                              2 people died and you were joyous. Sames.

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post

2 people died and you were joyous. Sames.
                                Joyous over people dying and joyous over a rightful verdict. Big difference.

Go on and post another riveting story about an unvaccinated person dying. I'm sure you'll get the props you are seeking here. It's a good crowd for that.
                                Calmer than you are

Comment

Working...
                                X