Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
    At least we aren't looking the other way at lynching. Today.
    I was listening while working, but I thought heard the judge read not guilty on the first charge for Greg after reading guilty for all charges for Travis. I remember being a little concerned after hearing that not guilty that the jury might get it wrong.

Comment

This conviction only happened because of media coverage. The DA originally recommended no charges at all.

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
        This conviction only happened because of media coverage. The DA originally recommended no charges at all.
        And the video. This case snd the Chauvin cases were only prosecuted because two people were brave to video them. And the media

Comment

Or take the money away and let them figure it out. Military is not special and those troops will be fine.
          This is.......disgusting.

The American Soldier defends the freedom of the American People, even those who are unappreciative and undeserving.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
          - President Barack Obama

Comment

Eric Trump’s burner phone is more substantive than Hunter Biden’s laptop. Or Hunter Biden’s anything, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post

The American Soldier defends the freedom of the American People, even those who are unappreciative and undeserving.
              Unappreciative and undeserving? Talk about disgusting. Wow. Good to see your true colors though.

Comment

Eric Trump’s burner phone is more substantive than Hunter Biden’s laptop. Or Hunter Biden’s anything, really.
                The walls might finally be closing in on Don.
                Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

America’s freedom hasn’t been in danger since 1945. It is a line used to rally anytime they want to bomb someone for no reason

Comment

Originally posted by HfxBob View Post

The walls might finally be closing in on Don.
                    These idiot Proud Boys, Oath Keepers +++ should read the room. No one from the Trump Administration has worked to shield them legally. They’ve let them twist in the wind, instead. Look at Michael Cohen. That’s the “3 years ago” version of you. Don’t lie for him.

Comment

Unappreciative and undeserving? Talk about disgusting. Wow. Good to see your true colors though.
                      "Let them figure it out." "The military is not special and they'll be fine."

How do you reconcile those statements if not "unappreciative."

I am proud that my "true colors" include a deep appreciation for those who sacrifice to protect our freedoms: and that's servicemen, cops, first responders. These people are very much special, and we should all be thankful for what they have given us.

"Let them figure it out." Horrifying. And, very much unappreciative.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                      - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                        America’s freedom hasn’t been in danger since 1945.
                        I wonder why.

- President Barack Obama

Comment

Why is there always money for weapon systems including massive cost over runs that have lead to a basket of defense contractor stocks out performing the S&P 500 since GWB took office but not enough money to provide health care, including mental health care for those soldiers?

I know your bread has always been buttered with government defense money so forgive me if I find your opinions on the subject more than a little biased.
                          Baseball is life;
                          the rest is just details.

Comment

"Let them figure it out." "The military is not special and they'll be fine."

How do you reconcile those statements if not "unappreciative."

I am proud that my "true colors" include a deep appreciation for those who sacrifice to protect our freedoms: and that's servicemen, cops, first responders. These people are very much special, and we should all be thankful for what they have given us.

"Let them figure it out." Horrifying. And, very much unappreciative.
                            I absolutely think the military would find a way to take care of the troops if the budget were cut without a man or woman suffering for it. No doubt in my mind they'd figure it out. You obviously don't think as much of them as you claim if you think they couldn't. I'd call that horrifying. And so is putting cops on the same level as our troops. That's just repulsive.

And please clarify. What exactly makes someone undeserving of the protection of the military? Is there a test?

Comment

Interesting. I don't have a Rolling Stone subscription, so couldn't read the article. Is it just "sources say" or is there more evidence? Is there any context around the nature of the text/voice chats on the burner phones? If there was any discussion related to the coordination of violence or property damage being endorsed, encouraged or simply not deterred by anyone in Trump's circle, then I hope it comes out and that all involved are prosecuted to the full extent the law permits.

I don't get the disregard for the voice/chat texts we did learn of through the Hunter Biden laptop. I do feel like that matter is one of those things that most won't be able to view through anything other than partisan eyes. I do see that Twitter isn't suppressing retweets of information around this alleged scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

Why is there always money for weapon systems including massive cost over runs that have lead to a basket of defense contractor stocks out performing the S&P 500 since GWB took office but not enough money to provide health care, including mental health care for those soldiers?

I know your bread has always been buttered with government defense money so forgive me if I find your opinions on the subject more than a little biased.
                                Didn't he just indicate a few posts earlier that he supports reducing the budget in conjunction with reducing overseas forces? It doesn't sound to me like he is advocating for more expense, or railing against reducing waste, but simply stating that he wants to ensure troops that are deployed receive the tools and support they need. Doesn't seem particularly shocking or biased to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X