Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

Should have been fired long ago.
    Fired? Or just removed from the freakin TV screen.YOU'RE JAMMIN' MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
      CNN suspends Chris Cuomo indefinitely. Late but the right move
      Good riddance.
      "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post

Fired? Or just removed from the freakin TV screen.YOU'RE JAMMIN' MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
        I said what I meant and meant what I said.

Comment

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/...k-meadows-book

Remember the first President debate last year when Trump didn’t have time to be tested for covid and his crime family was sitting masklsss in the audience despite the rules? The reason why is he had tested positive BEFORE the debate. After being tested positive he went to two maskless rallies and jeopardized the life of Biden and everyone at that debate. But I am sure the Trumpsters will see nothing wrong with this

Comment

Following SCOTUS, Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. Not even an hour in yet and it's over for all practical purposes. Roe is history.

Comment

Following SCOTUS, Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. Not even an hour in yet and it's over for all practical purposes. Roe is history.
              If it is, we'll be in the streets. I will be, anyway. And we'll organize to get folks the care that they need.

Biden and Senate Dems can get wrecked for not packing the Court, too.
              "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

If it is, we'll be in the streets. I will be, anyway. And we'll organize to get folks the care that they need.

Biden and Senate Dems can get wrecked for not packing the Court, too.
                I was in the streets 50 years ago when it passed and many times since. The small consolation is we now have mifepristone and misoprostol plus15 states and DC that have codified the right to abortion into their laws. So we are better off than last time. Just thinking about it is exhausting though.

Comment

I was in the streets 50 years ago when it passed and many times since. The small consolation is we now have mifepristone and misoprostol plus15 states and DC that have codified the right to abortion into their laws. So we are better off than last time. Just thinking about it is exhausting though.
                  Only 15 States... So many poor women will not be able to get to those places. They will die seeking back alley abortions. Child abuse rates will rise due to forced births. More kids will be without their needs met due to lack of funding from the people who forced their mothers to give birth to them.

I can't live in a world like this. Covid, fascists in high levels of government, eternal hatred of women... One of those alone is crushing. But all of them together...

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

Only 15 States... So many poor women will not be able to get to those places. They will die seeking back alley abortions. Child abuse rates will rise due to forced births. More kids will be without their needs met due to lack of funding from the people who forced their mothers to give birth to them.

I can't live in a world like this. Covid, fascists in high levels of government, eternal hatred of women... One of those alone is crushing. But all of them together...
                    It will get worse before it gets better. And I don’t believe it will get better in our life time.
                    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
                    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
                    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comment

A friend of mine (we went to school and graduated together) publicly (she has told me but I haven’t said out of respect until she went public) revealed 30 years ago she went for a job interview. With Jeffrey Epstein, and was sexually assaulted. She is one reason why I will always fight for women’s rights. She decided to go public now as Maxwell’s trial is beginning and she wants to do her part to make sure no one else goes through this. Men, we all have women in our lives we love, a woman gave birth to you. It is time that they stopped fighting alone. On a related note, today I think we saw the end of Roe vs Wade and if so women (and those who love and respect them) have the power to bring this country to its knees and I think that just may happen

Comment

https://jewishcurrents.org/how-to-gi...lf-an-abortion

​​​​​​Bookmark it. For a friend. For a daughter. You never know.

Comment

Originally posted by ajra21 View Post

It will get worse before it gets better. And I don’t believe it will get better in our life time.
                          I have to believe it will. Otherwise I'd give up.

Comment

Given who just got elected to our local school board, we’re screwed.
                            Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
                            who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
                            'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...gn=wp_politics

A lot of Republicans view the ‘handful of fanatics’ at the Capitol with approval
                              I'm really struggling to see how the 2024 election doesn't end in much more deadly violence than what occurred on 1/6. Democrat will undoubtedly win the popular vote by 5+ million but it might not be enough to secure the White House either through the actual electoral college or through enough new Secretaries of State in place to steal it for the Republican. Either way...this ends badly for our country.

Comment

Systemic racism:

An Asian student with a 25 percent chance of admission to Harvard would have their chances of admission increase to 36 percent if they were white, 75 percent if they were Hispanic, and 95 percent if they were black.
                                https://t.co/gr8nDtBttV
                                Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Working...
                                X