Non-Presidential News Stories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

I can't speak for what Bub saw but other sites had it on their front page. You didn't have to hunt for it. But tbf, it's not of any real importance. He's just one of many talking heads.
    But how many were human shields?
    Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

Originally posted by HfxBob View Post

But how many were human shields?
      Hmmm....Shepard Smith?

Comment

Alec Karakatsanis@equalityAlec

THREAD. I noticed something fascinating: many of the reporters concocting the new hysteria over "retail theft" are using the *exact same* words and patterns in each story. It's pretty wild. Let's take a look:
        Thread link: https://twitter.com/equalityAlec/sta...89954428551173

Comment

No, this story was put up about noon yesterday. Maybe you didn't click on the Media tab on the website?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chris-...x-news-channel
          I didn’t go to that page but I did search using the site’s search tool and it didn’t come up. Fox has always buried items like that in the past.
          Let the kids play.

Comment

I skimmed through the thread. So what is the implication? That these incidents aren't really happening? That the video evidence of them is altered?

Here's the extensive list of *exact same* words he lists:

Next, did you notice that this article continues the pattern of the same exact words and phrases as other similar recent articles across outlets? "brazen" "organized crime" "flash mob" "smash and grab." How is this happening?
            Four terms, all that apply in every sense. They're happening in broad daylight (e.g. "brazen"). They involve several co-conspirators ("organized crime"). Everyone of all political persuasions are using the latter two descriptions. Is this another one of those "[Insert Antifa or Proud Boys] staged this to make it look like something it isn't" deals?

How did they choose which voices to quote and which to ignore?
            Well, the lists of sources for each incident is likely similar because retail organizational structures, industry officials and experts, etc lineup across businesses with some consistency. Was he wanting the CEO to weigh in on one instance, and the janitor to weigh in on another? Also, which voices are being ignored?

If the point is that there may be politicians attempting to extract political leverage out of this, I'd quote numerous people here who say something along the lines of "Politicians practicing politics? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell ya!"

Comment

Here's more "hysteria" from CNN. Coil wire being installed at a high end shopping complex in Los Angeles.

The article does use the words "smash-and-grab" and "brazen".

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/13/busin...nce/index.html
              Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

"Flash mob" is apparently a term used to describe theft operations that are brought together on social media, groups of people who don't know each other.
                Polite Red Sox fan

Comment

"Flash mob" is apparently a term used to describe theft operations that are brought together on social media, groups of people who don't know each other.
                  "flash mob" term has been around a long time - it used to be to organize spontaneous public dances via social media. I guess it's graduated to felony larceny now.
                  Baseball is life;
                  the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post

I skimmed through the thread. So what is the implication? That these incidents aren't really happening? That the video evidence of them is altered?

Here's the extensive list of *exact same* words he lists:

Four terms, all that apply in every sense. They're happening in broad daylight (e.g. "brazen"). They involve several co-conspirators ("organized crime"). Everyone of all political persuasions are using the latter two descriptions. Is this another one of those "[Insert Antifa or Proud Boys] staged this to make it look like something it isn't" deals?

Well, the lists of sources for each incident is likely similar because retail organizational structures, industry officials and experts, etc lineup across businesses with some consistency. Was he wanting the CEO to weigh in on one instance, and the janitor to weigh in on another? Also, which voices are being ignored?

If the point is that there may be politicians attempting to extract political leverage out of this, I'd quote numerous people here who say something along the lines of "Politicians practicing politics? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell ya!"
                    I thought the poit was really clear. None of those terms is wrong, but none is necessary, either. "Brazen is a perfectly applicable word, but there are plenty of other words a good writer could use. They don't. "Organized crime" seems a bit lazy in this context, because the term has a specific connotation that's not this; if a couple of people used it, I'd just dismiss them, but it's used too often to be coincidence. "Flash mob" and "smash and grab" are not everyday expressions - I'm not sure I've heard "flash mob" before at all, and "smash and grab" only rarely. Yet everyone seems to be using exactly these phrases when, again, there's nothing inevitable about them. Everyone's just lazily using the same press releases, which is lazy at best and arguably bad journalism.
                    Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

So the Meadows contempt hearing was pretty lit

Comment

I didn't get to watch, but reading up on it. Those text messages are pretty damning. When Trump's own family and confidants are practically begging him to issue a statement condemning the violence, and he delays hours and hours, it should speak volumes. Unfortunately, to his base it will probably be viewed as strength - as if Trump is fighting for "them" - when it's just a dude that couldn't give af about them stoking his own ego at tremendous cost to the country. When he said "I could shoot someone on 5th avenue" he may as well have said "I could allow the Capitol Building to be breached and result in deadly violence."

Comment

He seems to be central to this. Texts he provided implicate multiple members of Congredd as well as several Fox News hosts. Also Trump sat and did NOTHING for 187 minutes while Trump’s criminals tore apart the Capital

Comment

I'd sure like to know if Trump was also being texted by the same people (including his own kid) or if they were texting Meadows specifically to keep Trump out of it personally. Sounds like something some kind of 80s mob boss would expect. Fits.

Comment

I'd sure like to know if Trump was also being texted by the same people (including his own kid) or if they were texting Meadows specifically to keep Trump out of it personally. Sounds like something some kind of 80s mob boss would expect. Fits.
                              Speaking of which. Tweets from Don Jr to Mark asking him to tell his father to stop the riot? Kind of odd he didn’t contact his own father directly

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post

Speaking of which. Tweets from Don Jr to Mark asking him to tell his father to stop the riot? Kind of odd he didn’t contact his own father directly
                                Maybe daddy wasn't taking his calls. I watch Succession. I know about these things.

Comment

Working...
                                X