Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jlw1980
    replied
    Stephen Colbert: “They knew that if they were honest (about Roe) they wouldn’t get the job. So they lied, which I think is perjury. But what do I know? I’m no Supreme Court Justice. I’m not a good enough liar.”
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• philleotardo
    replied
    See, all I’ve ever asked is to not lie about it.

Margie Greene:

“White supremacy should not be the main target… We should not be pursuing people based on how they vote.”

Leave a comment:

• jlw1980
    replied
    Important read.

Whether you believe Ms. Heard or not, watching a woman excoriated in public has been popular entertainment since the Middle Ages. Somehow, Ms. Heard seems to have become a stand-in for every evil, lying woman getting her comeuppance — alpha queen bees in high school, the girl who slept with your boyfriend or girlfriend, every manipulative ex. She is Eve, she is Medusa, she is Lady Macbeth. She evokes vamps and vampires, wicked stepmothers, witches. As one Twitter user put it, she is an example of “toxic femininity” and a reason to never date younger women. Pass the popcorn.

All of this, of course, is taking place against the backdrop of the very particular cultural moment we are living through, in which a leaked draft Supreme Court opinion on abortion invokes a 17th-century British jurist, Sir Matthew Hale, who presided over actual witch trials, and some of the most prominent #MeToo cases are in various states of disarray.
    Whatever you think of the actress Amber Heard, what we are watching is a good old-fashioned public pillorying — only difference is that memes have replaced the stones.

Leave a comment:

• RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    replied
    Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
    They sure are showing us who they are.

And as if they care about the maternal mortality rate, anyway.
    And nothing bad will happen to him politically for it.

Leave a comment:

• nhyankeefan
    replied
    Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

"If you correct our population for race .... " Wow. There are so many things wrong with that statement that I don't know where to begin.

Leave a comment:

• theDurk
    replied
    Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
    Why is the America First CPAC meeting in Hungary?
    There was some concern about the optics of doing it in Putin's Russia and Nazi Germany was no longer available.

Leave a comment:

• YankeePride1967
    replied
    Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
    The right isn’t even hiding their disdain for democracy

Leave a comment:

• jlw1980
    replied

“If you correct our population for race, we’re not as much of an outlier as it’d otherwise appear.”

Leave a comment:

• jlw1980
    replied
    Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    What more is needed for a warrant or something that will force Ginni Thomas to talk to someone about what she's been up to? You know she'd ignore a subpoena.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...ection-emails/
    This b belongs in prison. Truly.

Leave a comment:

• jlw1980
    replied
    Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

Any pregnant girl under 16 in Oklahoma was raped, by definition. No further evidence needed.
    I demand that child support begin at conception and that we be able to take out life insurance policies at conception, in case of miscarriage. (That's a lot because their god is the most prolific abortionist of all.)

Also, every dude needs to get a forced vasectomy at 18 to prevent abortions. It's the only way to stop them, you know.

Leave a comment:

• philleotardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RhodyYanksFan
    replied
    What more is needed for a warrant or something that will force Ginni Thomas to talk to someone about what she's been up to? You know she'd ignore a subpoena.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...ection-emails/

Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, the conservative activist and wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, pressed Arizona lawmakers after the 2020 election to set aside Joe Biden’s popular-vote victory and choose “a clean slate of Electors,” according to emails obtained by The Washington Post.

The emails, sent by Ginni Thomas to a pair of lawmakers on Nov. 9, 2020, argued that legislators needed to intervene because the vote had been marred by fraud. Though she did not mention either candidate by name, the context was clear.

Leave a comment:

• RhodyYanksFan
    replied
    https://twitter.com/leftofcentermi/s...90618984402944

Trump-endorsed state rep. candidate Jacky Eubanks says that if it came to a vote in the MI legislature, she would vote to make birth control illegal. “Sex ought to be between one man and one woman in the confines of marriage…and open to life. Absolutely.”
    They're not even dog whistling about it any more. Blatantly stating "we're coming for gay marriage, interracial marriage, and contraception."

American taliban.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Tripper
    replied
    Since women are forced to have kids and the Supreme Court has determined that there is no right to privacy, then men should be forced by law to submit to a paternity test and be 50% responsible for all expenses of any children they father until the child reaches the age of 18 unless both the mother and father consent to give the baby up for adoption.

Leave a comment:

• JL25and3
    replied
    Originally posted by I C U Ms Frenchie View Post

The statue of limitations on rape > 9 months.
    Any pregnant girl under 16 in Oklahoma was raped, by definition. No further evidence needed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X