Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    I haven’t seen anyone bash him for either of those reasons (the second one is new to me… I hardly thing that’s a crime or even a fault). In the edited NYT cover page above, it’s implying that Trump doesn’t care about the dead people because he’s busy golfing. Biden tweeted something similar. It’s the same dumb argument that Trump himself had of Obama. ‘Him golfing shows he doesn’t care about his job’.

This is what kills me. It’s such a blatant, egregious display of hypocrisy… but it’s more sexy in the media to conflate him golfing with him not caring about dying Americans. There’s a legitimate criticism to make here, and Trump critics are missing it.
    His golfing is an easy way to demonstrate that he doesn’t care about his job. The difference between his golfing and Onama’s golfing is that Obama did his job, then played golf.
    History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
    - MTG

Comment

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
      Presidents need down time. But him complaining about Obama then golfing more than him and spending more money doing it is rich.

Guess like Trump, you too have never read the constitution.
      …. huh? Where on Earth did the Constitution part come from? You just seemingly agreed with me and then said I didn’t know what I was talking about. Were we discussing the Constitution?

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
      His golfing is an easy way to demonstrate that he doesn’t care about his job. The difference between his golfing and Onama’s golfing is that Obama did his job, then played golf.
      See this is where the anti-Trump argument gets shaky. You’re now saying that it’s okay to bash Trump for golfing the same way that he bashed Obama for golfing just because you like one and don’t like the other. It’s a double standard. It’s no longer about the golf. You don’t like Trump and you’re using anything he does as an excuse to hate him more. Bashing his hypocrisy is much more on target.

Comment

Emoluments

I said he used his golfing to enrich himself at tax payer expense. You seemed to think that was fine. But it’s really a constitutional violation that the founders were concerned with.
        Baseball is life;
        the rest is just details.

Comment

…. huh? Where on Earth did the Constitution part come from? You just seemingly agreed with me and then said I didn’t know what I was talking about. Were we discussing the Constitution?

See this is where the anti-Trump argument gets shaky. You’re now saying that it’s okay to bash Trump for golfing the same way that he bashed Obama for golfing just because you like one and don’t like the other. It’s a double standard. It’s no longer about the golf. You don’t like Trump and you’re using anything he does as an excuse to hate him more. Bashing his hypocrisy is much more on target.
          That’s not what I said at all.
          - MTG

Comment

And then look what it causes.

EDIT - dang it, tried to upload a screenshot of Trump tweets. I feel like my grandma now haha.

Sleepy Joe’s representatives have just put out an ad saying that I went to play golf (exercise) today. They think I should stay in the White House at all times. What they didn’t say is that it’s the first time I’ve played golf in almost 3 months, that Biden was constantly.....
            ...vacationing, relaxing & making shady deals with other countries, & that Barack was always playing golf, doing much of his traveling in a fume spewing 747 to play golf in Hawaii - Once even teeing off immediately after announcing the gruesome death of a great young man by ISIS!
            Biden criticized the golf rather than the hypocrisy which allowed Trump to say this and be, objectively, correct. If Biden is going to bash Trump for golfing, he has to bash Obama and himself for the same thing. Trump has now made Biden the hypocrite. It’s such a great example of what I’ve been trying to say on this forum. Trump would self destruct if people weren’t hurling ridiculous criticism at him all the time. Trump went from ‘hypocrite with no excuse’ to ‘objectively correct’ with just one simple irrational insult. Biden (and others) tried to sink him but really threw him a lifeline. Such a common theme with Democrats and media.

Comment

And then look what it causes.

Biden criticized the golf rather than the hypocrisy which allowed Trump to say this and be, objectively, correct. If Biden is going to bash Trump for golfing, he has to bash Obama and himself for the same thing. Trump has now made Biden the hypocrite. It’s such a great example of what I’ve been trying to say on this forum. Trump would self destruct if people weren’t hurling ridiculous criticism at him all the time. Trump went from ‘hypocrite with no excuse’ to ‘objectively correct’ with just one simple irrational insult. Biden (and others) tried to sink him but really threw him a lifeline. Such a common theme with Democrats and media.
              That’s some twisted pretzel logic you’ve wound yourself in.

Anything to justify trump and bash democrats I guess.
              Baseball is life;

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                That’s some twisted pretzel logic you’ve wound yourself in.

Anything to justify trump and bash democrats I guess.
                You responded before I even edited the post to include the tweets. There's no way you actually read what I wrote.

Comment

You responded before I even edited the post to include the tweets. There's no way you actually read what I wrote.
                  I read what you wrote, the quoted tweets you add change nothing.
                  Baseball is life;

Comment

The tweets do not change the optics of his golfing during a plague. His self-fellating tweets on a weekend honoring war dead does not improve his image. Since he defines facts according to political advantage, their concordance with consensual reality is irrelevant.

And why hit him on the hypocrisy? Hit him on being a reckless, dangerous, corrupt, incompetent ignoramus.
                    - MTG

Comment

Some good-ish news on this Memorial Day, the USA number of deaths for 5/24 was the lowest single day amount since 3/30. New cases have been up and down but SLIGHTLY decreasing overall, but the fact that we’ve started to reopen as a country and haven’t seen a spike yet appears to be good news as well. Certainly better than the prediction that we’d be at 200,000 new cases a day by the end of May.

Comment

Some good-ish news on this Memorial Day, the USA number of deaths for 5/24 was the lowest single day amount since 3/30. New cases have been up and down but SLIGHTLY decreasing overall, but the fact that we’ve started to reopen as a country and haven’t seen a spike yet appears to be good news as well. Certainly better than the prediction that we’d be at 200,000 new cases a day by the end of May.
                        We have seen it spike in some places that have reopened, and are likely to see more as time passes. Meanwhile, new cases are declining in places like NY.
                        - MTG

Comment

There’s a ton of misinformation out there about COVID-19, and in the rush to reopen states came a suppression of data science, both at the collection and presentation levels.
                          “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                            There’s a ton of misinformation out there about COVID-19, and in the rush to reopen states came a suppression of data science, both at the collection and presentation levels.
                            You can call it what it is. Florida and Georgia are lying.

Comment

Durk's Periodic Brazil COVID-19 Update:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...s-near-350-000

Trump bans travel from Brazil to US for foreigners as Brazil's COVID-19 numbers continue to skyrocket, taking over second place behind the US, and also expected to pass the 100K death mark before too long. Health systems all over the country are overwhelmed, with São Paulo in especially dire straits.

In our own family drama, the case of nursing-home resident 92-year-old Tia Hilda, whose home has had 9 deaths in 45 residents, the state has lifted the closing order for her home as there was no place to send the residents who tested positive, which was virtually all of them. They took over administration and fired management. Tia Hilda tested positive (PCR) on May 5, and continues completely asymptomatic. She has Alzheimer's and fragile bones, but no comorbidities to COVID-19 and she never gets colds or flus. So she may have dodged the bullet. She's a tough old bird. The state has brought in experts and best practices including testing of staff and residents and disinfected the premises. So now the best thing is to leave her there and hope she has developed immunity.

Recent MSNBC piece:

https://www.msnbc.com/mtp-daily/watc...m_npd_ms_tw_ma
                              Last edited by theDurk; 05-25-20, 08:17 PM.
                              "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                                We have seen it spike in some places that have reopened, and are likely to see more as time passes. Meanwhile, new cases are declining in places like NY.

The only reason national counts are lower is that New York, the primary driver of the pandemic in this country, is getting lower. But it's rising in most other areas of the country, and the fact all these other states are now reopening, even though they have no scientific reason to, is going to cost us months of catastrophe in this country.

Comment

Working...
                                X