Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

I heard the top CT doctor (the head of whatever state department he runs) and he said the goal of limiting big gatherings is hopefully to avoid people getting sick all at once and overwhelming healthcare and the economy.

That made sense to me.
    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
      I heard the top CT doctor (the head of whatever state department he runs) and he said the goal of limiting big gatherings is hopefully to avoid people getting sick all at once and overwhelming healthcare and the economy.

That made sense to me.
      Also said if you live in southwestern CT where I live, if you have a fever and a cough to assume you have it

Comment

Italian medical chief dies from coronavirus

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...40d70a9b3f426c
        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
          I'm trying to get some detailed information about food shopping, as we will probably be doing grocery shopping for our parents in coming weeks. The basic question is how we deal with anything brought into the house. For example, take a can of soup....it's been touched by someone who stocked it on the shelf, been in a cart, on a checkout counter, touched by a cashier and touched again by a packer. Now I bring this can into the house, so can I just put it away or does it have to be cleaned? Same idea goes for just about everything else I pick up at the store. Just because I keep my mom out of the store doesn't mean she can't get the virus anyway.
          Most local grocery stores here have had lysol wipes at the entrance to doors by the carts for some time. My wife has a compromised auto-immune system, so even before C-19 I would wipe down the cart handles and in some cases (right after infusions that suppress auto-immune response sharply) I'll even use them to grab and wipe down cans and such. It's probably overkill and I'm sure not entirely effective, but since any type of virus is very bad news for her if nothing else it eases my anxiety a bit.

Not sure if that's just local to my area or if that's widespread. If not, and your parents are in the target group, and you actually have lysol wipes, maybe bring a few with you if you have heightened concerns?

Comment

I have tickets to an opera in two weeks. My intention is to go to the opera.
            History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
            - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
              Most local grocery stores here have had lysol wipes at the entrance to doors by the carts for some time. My wife has a compromised auto-immune system, so even before C-19 I would wipe down the cart handles and in some cases (right after infusions that suppress auto-immune response sharply) I'll even use them to grab and wipe down cans and such. It's probably overkill and I'm sure not entirely effective, but since any type of virus is very bad news for her if nothing else it eases my anxiety a bit.

Not sure if that's just local to my area or if that's widespread. If not, and your parents are in the target group, and you actually have lysol wipes, maybe bring a few with you if you have heightened concerns?
              Our local stores have the wipes, so I do clean the cart. The rest of the shopping carries some small amount of risk. If I knew that cans and boxes can hold a virus for just a few days then Iíd rotate them in the home. I should just do that anyway.
              Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                I have tickets to an opera in two weeks. My intention is to go to the opera.
                It really has become wild making decisions- not that any of it is truly important.

-Had a Caribbean cruise canceled. Airfare wasnít refundable so weíre pretty much touring Florida for a week.

-My son has an Italy trip in May. Not officially canceled.

-Supposed to take a family trip to Disneyland in June...trying to imagine that not being a Petri dish of sorts.

-Bought my tickets to Eddie Vedderís festival in September. Pearl Jam headlining. Very stoked. That same day, PJ canceled the spring dates on the tour.

-Behind it all, similar to Bub, if I do any or all of these things how soon do I visit my 80 year dad who I havenít seen in 15 months?

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
                  It really has become wild making decisions- not that any of it is truly important.

-Had a Caribbean cruise canceled. Airfare wasnít refundable so weíre pretty much touring Florida for a week.

-My son has an Italy trip in May. Not officially canceled.

-Supposed to take a family trip to Disneyland in June...trying to imagine that not being a Petri dish of sorts.

-Bought my tickets to Eddie Vedderís festival in September. Pearl Jam headlining. Very stoked. That same day, PJ canceled the spring dates on the tour.

-Behind it all, similar to Bub, if I do any or all of these things how soon do I visit my 80 year dad who I havenít seen in 15 months?
                  My 91-year-old mother lives a mile from me, in a progressive-care residence. Her health is great - she lives in her own apartment - and I figure if she gets sick, it probably wonít be from me.
                  History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                  - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
                    We were there 2 weekends ago. I was worried. So far no signs from any family member and with an 11 day incubation period if we do get it, it probably wasn't from there as that was days ago. I guess if we get sick in the next day or three that could change things.
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

USA is 11 days behind Italy on the growth rate chart. Expect the next two weeks to be interesting.
                      Baseball is life;

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                        We were there 2 weekends ago. I was worried. So far no signs from any family member and with an 11 day incubation period if we do get it, it probably wasn't from there as that was days ago. I guess if we get sick in the next day or three that could change things.
                        I read that crowds are low because of it and was thinking of taking advantage of that over my kid's spring break. It won't happen, but the thought crossed my mind.
                        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

NBA just announced rest of season to be played in empty arenas. And in MLB, at least the opening two series in Seattle are now road games.

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                            I read that crowds are low because of it and was thinking of taking advantage of that over my kid's spring break. It won't happen, but the thought crossed my mind.
                            Crowds were not low then. Maybe now.
                            Baseball is life;

Comment

Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson test positive.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...us-1203531498/
                              I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

The NBA just suspended the season

Comment

Working...
                                X