X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by Archer1979 View Post
    Anyone up for some good news?

For the first time since they really started tracking this, the State of NY has less than 1,000 new cases:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Also, with the exception of one day at only 103 cases on May 26th, have had less than 100 deaths for the last week.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Massachusetts has gone seven straight days with less than 1,000 new cases as well.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

MA active cases are now down to about 43K.
    Our case numbers are rising exponentially because our governor is Douche-y. (He's a fool.)
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
      Our case numbers are rising exponentially because our governor is Douche-y. (He's a fool.)
      I just checked them out. Stay safe. The thing that you have going for you is the sparseness of the population. This thing likes the dense areas.

Comment

By the way, if you're diabetic, get it under control, if you haven't already...

https://www.westernmassnews.com/gene...31c20a79f.html

Comment

I just checked them out. Stay safe. The thing that you have going for you is the sparseness of the population. This thing likes the dense areas.
          True but Az has 7.3 million people Living in this state & 4.3 million ppl live in one county (maricopa) alone.

Comment

Maricopa County is pretty dense. I'm in Pima County, second highest populated county.

This gives me extreme anxiety because my dad is diabetic. And almost 72 years old.

Originally posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
            True but Az has 7.3 million people Living in this state & 4.3 million ppl live in one county (maricopa) alone.
            It really doesn't help that our governor is an idiot who cares about money and not people, so he caters to the business interests. Money over people.
            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
              Not so much for the last 75 years. For hundreds of years before that, the Brits (or at least the English) couldn’t stop talking about it.
              No doubt. Throughout history, much of Europe swung their dicks and English/British did this more than most.

Thankfully, many now understand how utterly pathetic it is.
              Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
              who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
              'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comment

Originally posted by ajra21 View Post
                No doubt. Throughout history, much of Europe swung their dicks and English/British did this more than most.

Thankfully, many now understand how utterly pathetic it is.
                Yet way too many still vote for the Tories and against their own interests because racism.

Comment

This probably sounds dumb, but if you have that and are medicated you're safe?
                  “It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.”
                  ― Epictetus

Comment

Originally posted by Krall View Post
                    This probably sounds dumb, but if you have that and are medicated you're safe?
                    I don't think anyone is safe, but you can only do what you can do. For me, I've been able to keep the levels down to near-normal since diagnosed (and without insulin). I caught something at the beginning of Feb, that could have been the flu or COVID. I shook that without complications (although it took a couple of weeks).

BTW... I've been reading about a recall on MetFormin (extended released), a widely used drug for diabetics, due to a contamination of carcinogens. Keep your ears open as I haven't heard anything through official channels (my PCP, or pharmacist).

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                      Maricopa County is pretty dense. I'm in Pima County, second highest populated county.

This gives me extreme anxiety because my dad is diabetic. And almost 72 years old.

It really doesn't help that our governor is an idiot who cares about money and not people, so he caters to the business interests. Money over people.
                      Good luck with your Dad. Does he live in AZ? How well does he fare with colds/viruses normally?

One of the things that I got out of the article was that there are ties to obesity as well. If his weight is under control, that may help.

Comment

A friend who lives in Central Florida went with their husband and two kids (ages 3 and 1) to a crowded Disney Springs on Saturday. I feel like people in the south are living in some alternate reality.

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
                          A friend who lives in Central Florida went with their husband and two kids (ages 3 and 1) to a crowded Disney Springs on Saturday. I feel like people in the south are living in some alternate reality.
                          Well if you listen to their governor, Covid is contained, but there's a whole lot of people oddly dying of pneumonia this year.

The South by their ignorance and stupidity will, again, cause pain for the whole country. You know they're going to have college football this fall, rules be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
                            My brother and his wife live in Pensacola. Beaches there have been open for weeks. I told him that's just crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
                              My brother and his wife live in Pensacola. Beaches there have been open for weeks. I told him that's just crazy.
                              I am not convinced that beaches being open is crazy. The number of people just needs to be regulated. Whether or not that can be done effectively remains to be seen. Some places will be better at it than others.

Comment

I try to take my old bones for a walk nearly everyday. I've been avoiding the boardwalk because first it was closed, then it became too crowded. So I've been walking near my house. There's a park on the river with a little beach there. A lot of people launch kayaks from there to float on the bay. It's a little crowded on my walk, but I'm able to avoid people.

Saturday it got a little cool in the evening so I decided to try the Belmar (NJ) boardwalk for the first time this season.

There were still a number of people on the beach. Not a lot, so spread out.

The odd thing was the boardwalk. They have it set up with large cones every50 feet or so in the middle of the pretty wide boardwalk with signs on both sides stating to keep right. With an arrow pointing to the right.

Many people followed this simple rule, but there were quite a few people who blatantly walked on the left side. As is oblivious. Sadly there were enough of these people out there that I didn't feel safe.

Not to mention there were large groups of people standing around in clusters on the boardwalk just chatting for a while before getting in their cars.

I love to walk the boardwalk. It's peaceful, there's the beach and the ocean. I can't though. If people would be respectful of others, I could.
                                Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X