Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    Hard to call it a “spike” when cases were rising even before they reopened. But Texas has leveled off and even begun slightly decreasing the last few days.

Testing in Texas increased by 36% over the past week, while the number of confirmed infections rose by 51%.
    Texas also saw an increase in the percentage of all coronavirus tests that came back positive. In a state where testing is improving and the underlying outbreak isn't getting worse, you'd expect the share of positive tests to go down.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-spike-in-texas-and-arizona-1819ce9f-8565-483a-b367-b678a607154d.html

Comment

Re: Covid-19

New York Daily News@NYDailyNews

New York City witnessed zero confirmed deaths due to coronavirus on Wednesday. It's the first day without a COVID-19 death in months.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
        This is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
          Odd. Cuomo announced the daily statewide death toll for Wednesday as 52. There were 52 deaths statewide and none of them in New York City?
          I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
            I’ve been notified that our school district will return at 100% of a school day, starting in August. I am not sure how I feel about that yet, especially since my job includes sitting with kids in small, contained spaces.
            Schools back home are going back before the summer. My sister, also a teacher, is pleased.

I have no idea what will happen in NJ.
            Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
            who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
            'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
              https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-spike-in-texas-and-arizona-1819ce9f-8565-483a-b367-b678a607154d.html
              Interesting. Dallas and Phoenix are two of the cities they are looking at to host the Republican convention

Comment

Originally posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
                I’ve been notified that our school district will return at 100% of a school day, starting in August. I am not sure how I feel about that yet, especially since my job includes sitting with kids in small, contained spaces.
                It's hard. On one hand I really believe that kids need some normalcy back. On the other hand, there won't be normalcy if they take COVID home to their elderly and other high risk relatives.
                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Yamiche Alcindor@Yamiche

Incredible.

WH made reporters, including myself, sit *closer together* at the president's remarks in the Rose Garden today and *violate the federal government's social distancing policy for the pandemic* because they thought the seating arrangement "looks better."

Comment

https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...arolinas-texas

“We managed to disrupt our economy [and] skyrocket unemployment, and we didn’t control the damn virus,” said Jeff Shaman, an infectious disease modeler at Columbia University.
                    America, in one quote. Mismanagement caused by short sighted greed and ignorance of science.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
                      https://www.vox.com/science-and-heal...arolinas-texas

America, in one quote. Mismanagement caused by short sighted greed and ignorance of science.
                      And the deaths and cases continue to sky rocket. And this is before numbers for the protesters which should start to climb any time

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                        And the deaths and cases continue to sky rocket. And this is before numbers for the protesters which should start to climb any time
                        And it's before our leader needs to hold a rally with thousands of people when he's already his party's nominee...I'm in the twilight zone or something...
                        “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”

Comment

He’s not even pretending to care about Covid-19. There is no plan, no policy, no nothing.
                          Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                            He’s not even pretending to care about Covid-19. There is no plan, no policy, no nothing.
                            The plan is to ignore it in every way possible.
                            Baseball is life;
                            the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
                              And it's before our leader needs to hold a rally with thousands of people when he's already his party's nominee...I'm in the twilight zone or something...
                              Saw a meme on 2020

This episode of black mirror sucks.
                              Baseball is life;
                              the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                                The plan is to ignore it in every way possible.
                                I think their plan is to wait for herd immunity, which is basically ignoring it.
                                Stay "We" my friends

Comment

Working...
                                X