Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I think their plan is to wait for herd immunity, which is basically ignoring it.
    I've got Sweden on line 1. They're not a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
      I think their plan is to wait for herd immunity, which is basically ignoring it.
      That’s too sophisticated for them. I see a two-pronged strategy of (1) blaming the disease on the testing, and (2) declaring victory.
      Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
        That’s too sophisticated for them. I see a two-pronged strategy of (1) blaming the disease on the testing, and (2) declaring victory.
        (3) Blaming any ill effects from the economic shutdown on the Democrats.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
        - President Barack Obama

Comment

I mean, what a joke we are as a nation.

Meanwhile...
          https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/s...809463298?s=20
          President Trump on the coronavirus pandemic, according to the pool:
          "If we stop testing right now, we’d have very few cases, if any."

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
            (3) Blaming any ill effects from the economic shutdown on the Democrats.
            (4) It will give him built-in cover when he gets his @$$ handed to him in November. "If my supporters weren't sick, they would have gone to the polls".

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
              I mean, what a joke we are as a nation.

Meanwhile...
              https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/s...809463298?s=20
              What is particularly scary about the US graph is that NY/New England region has gone down considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer1979 View Post
                (4) It will give him built-in cover when he gets his @$$ handed to him in November. "If my supporters weren't sick, they would have gone to the polls".

As long as he loses, he can use any excuse he damn well pleases. He'll be gone and that's all that's important.

Comment

What is particularly scary about the US graph is that NY/New England region has gone down considerably.
                  And it makes perfect sense- we don't have a national pandemic response, so instead each state more or less functions as it's own country. With its own case curves.

Tangential, but all the "requiring masks violates my constitutional rights" stuff is funny (in a morbid terrible way). What do we think about traffic lights, do they violate constitutional rights? Sure, I dislike wearing a mask, but I'd hate infecting other people and myself a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jace View Post
                    And it makes perfect sense- we don't have a national pandemic response, so instead each state more or less functions as it's own country. With its own case curves.

Tangential, but all the "requiring masks violates my constitutional rights" stuff is funny (in a morbid terrible way). What do we think about traffic lights, do they violate constitutional rights? Sure, I dislike wearing a mask, but I'd hate infecting other people and myself a lot more.
                    The mask controversy is right up there with anti-vaxxers in my opinion. Saw a meme with an old lady wearing a mask with the caption "I'm wearing a mask to help prevent catching the virus." Next to it was a guy installing a chain-link fence with the caption "I'm installing a fence to keep the mosquitoes out".

Intelligent people are actually reading this and believing it to be an apt analogy. Makes me want to stand on my chair and urinate on my keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                      And the deaths and cases continue to sky rocket. And this is before numbers for the protesters which should start to climb any time
                      Between the George Floyd (and others) protesters, and the traditional Orthodox Jewish funerals, there is lots of room for the virus to spread. There's bound to be a few super spreaders in there somewhere, unbeknownst to themselves.

You'll never find everybody wearing a face mask, face shield and gloves, which would certainly help to lower that very high risk.
                      Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
                      RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Aretha Franklin; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J; Smokin' Joe

Comment

And then there is Aubrey Huff level of stupid.
                        Baseball is life;
                        the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                          And then there is Aubrey Huff level of stupid.
                          Until yesterday, I had no idea. He’s so proud of it, too.
                          Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
                            Between the George Floyd (and others) protesters, and the traditional Orthodox Jewish funerals, there is lots of room for the virus to spread. There's bound to be a few super spreaders in there somewhere, unbeknownst to themselves.

You'll never find everybody wearing a face mask, face shield and gloves, which would certainly help to lower that very high risk.
                            I don't know man, from what I saw on TV and Twitter it looks like the protesters are using and distributing PPE significantly better than the US Government has so far.
                            Stay "We" my friends

Comment

The mask controversy is right up there with anti-vaxxers in my opinion. Saw a meme with an old lady wearing a mask with the caption "I'm wearing a mask to help prevent catching the virus." Next to it was a guy installing a chain-link fence with the caption "I'm installing a fence to keep the mosquitoes out".

Intelligent people are actually reading this and believing it to be an apt analogy. Makes me want to stand on my chair and urinate on my keyboard.
                              Hey, Arch.

The guy using the mosquitoes analogy (aka, "anal-logic") doesn't even make any sense. You can't just sit there doing nothing.

As far as masks are concerned, the ones that are slimmer and more "breathable" don't keep anything out. The ones with better filters are very hot, which is why some people don't bother to wear them.

I was passing by a construction site. The guy loading and dumping lots of dirt and rocks into the long hole they'd drilled, did so in front of one of the workers. A construction worker not wearing a mask. Unreal.

I remember when I was doing some manual labor, someone told me to get a dust filter. This stopped this dust from getting into my lungs. I think people should try using these, at the minimum.

I think that a face mask is great. You can't see much when going outside, but especially indoors, it's not hard to breathe. You can lower the face mask to your chin while wearing one indoors.
                              Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
                              RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Aretha Franklin; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J; Smokin' Joe

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                                Until yesterday, I had no idea. He’s so proud of it, too.
                                It's not the first time he's made an ass of himself. Probably won't be the last.
                                He used to be part of a morning sports radio show here in the bay area, I was happy when he got fired.
                                Baseball is life;
                                the rest is just details.

Comment

Working...
                                X