Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by Archer1979 View Post
    The horrible truth is that we can't lock down again which is why it was so critical not to prematurely re-open.
    Yep.....

Comment

Originally posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
      Yep.....
      I've got friends in Florida who have been screaming about individual rights and completely fell for the scamdemic thing. They're scared $$$$less right now.

Comment

I've got friends in Florida who have been screaming about individual rights and completely fell for the scamdemic thing. They're scared $$$$less right now.

There's a special place in hell for DeSantis.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...covid-n1231785

Florida Latino Democratic and civil rights leaders demanded Monday that Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis apologize for and clarify his recent comments attributing the state's steep rise in positive COVID-19 tests to "overwhelmingly Hispanic farmworkers" and day laborers.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
          There's a special place in hell for DeSantis.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...covid-n1231785

Demagoguery 101. Find someone politically advantageous to blame and blame them.

Comment

Demagoguery 101. Find someone politically advantageous to blame and blame them.
            Racism 101, too.
            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Last week, I drove down from MD to Palm Beach Gardens, FL to visit my parents. Basically, I’m now working from home from someplace else. My wife works from home up in Baltimore. We live in a rowhouse that seems to grow smaller by the day. So I vacated for a few weeks to give us some space. We have been impeccable at social distancing. We do not socialize in person. We only go out for necessities, though my wife orders some sort of farm co-op veggies that get delivered twice a week. I say all that to impart that I felt pretty good about visiting my elderly parents.

So I arrived a week ago. Fast forward to yesterday evening when I got a text message from my brother saying he wants to come over from Tampa next weekend. He has a different definition of social distancing. He still goes out with friends. Participates in the weekly trivia night at the local pub. He hosts friends at his place and has visited his friends’ homes over the past few months. His line of thinking is that, “If none of my friends are sick, then I don’t see the issue.”

So now I have to get it through to my brother that our elderly parents deserve more of concern than he is showing. That, if he lives by the rule that all’s well until somebody gets sick then we’ll change our ways, he could very well pass on the virus to our parents. And he’d never forgive himself.

He’s a good guy. But he’s malleable. He’s got friends in Tampa that think the whole thing is blown out of proportion. That any social distancing they engage is more than adequate. Maddening.
              “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                Last week, I drove down from MD to Palm Beach Gardens, FL to visit my parents. Basically, I’m now working from home from someplace else. My wife works from home up in Baltimore. We live in a rowhouse that seems to grow smaller by the day. So I vacated for a few weeks to give us some space. We have been impeccable at social distancing. We do not socialize in person. We only go out for necessities, though my wife orders some sort of farm co-op veggies that get delivered twice a week. I say all that to impart that I felt pretty good about visiting my elderly parents.

So I arrived a week ago. Fast forward to yesterday evening when I got a text message from my brother saying he wants to come over from Tampa next weekend. He has a different definition of social distancing. He still goes out with friends. Participates in the weekly trivia night at the local pub. He hosts friends at his place and has visited his friends’ homes over the past few months. His line of thinking is that, “If none of my friends are sick, then I don’t see the issue.”

So now I have to get it through to my brother that our elderly parents deserve more of concern than he is showing. That, if he lives by the rule that all’s well until somebody gets sick then we’ll change our ways, he could very well pass on the virus to our parents. And he’d never forgive himself.

He’s a good guy. But he’s malleable. He’s got friends in Tampa that think the whole thing is blown out of proportion. That any social distancing they engage is more than adequate. Maddening.
                So...social distancing is basically, "Don't lick each other, except maybe in fun?"

Seriously, I appreciate your concern for your parents. My 91-year-old mother lives a mile from me, and until a week ago I'd only seen her through a screen door, as I made a delivery to her porch.
                History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                  So...social distancing is basically, "Don't lick each other, except maybe in fun?"

Seriously, I appreciate your concern for your parents. My 91-year-old mother lives a mile from me, and until a week ago I'd only seen her through a screen door, as I made a delivery to her porch.
                  I have the luxury of living a thousand miles away. The ironies.

Comment

Did you or anyone hear/see this?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...ing-system-out

WTH?
                    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
                    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
                    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comment

The horrible truth is that we can't lock down again which is why it was so critical not to prematurely re-open.
                      I mean we can, but too many people won’t.

Comment

Originally posted by ajra21 View Post

WTH?
                        Open Mic night.

Comment

Originally posted by ajra21 View Post

WTH?
                          Somebody put all these crazies together and cut them into a Parks & Rec meeting and it's...sad and funny.

https://twitter.com/LawJSharma/statu...262198272?s=20

Comment

Hope your haircuts were worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                              Open Mic night.
                              Somebody put all these crazies together and cut them into a Parks & Rec meeting and it's...sad and funny.

https://twitter.com/LawJSharma/statu...262198272?s=20
                              It is videos like this, that make me worry about the future of the planet.

Comment

Hope your haircuts were worth it.

That is so telling.

Comment

Working...
                                X