Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by billyhoyle View Post
    Trump has done an awful/incompetent job and the CDC and NIAID have also done awful jobs under his watch. Most people don’t understand how easy it should have been to have a test ready/mass produced in early March given that the sequence of the virus was published in late January. The equipment/facilities were already in place to carry out RT-PCR..It was just a matter of producing the kits. I was also furious with the mixed messages at first regarding masks from both the CDC and WHO-it was obvious from day 1 that masks both limit spread and viral load upon infection. I also think the governors were ill prepared to respond to this in March, and once again I blame the CDC for this, since it isn’t really the job of De Blasio or Cuomo to be public health experts and know that their week of inaction in March cost tens of thousands of lives-but it did. And then some Governors around the county seem to just want people to die-the whole thing is insane.

I really think the best responses can be seen in South Korea and Germany.
    Well said.

Comment

CSU football players and university athletic department staff say coaches have told players not to report COVID-19 symptoms, threatened players with reduced playing time if they quarantine and claim CSU is altering contact tracing reports to keep players practicing.

And they say those actions by the athletic administration is putting their health at risk in return for monetary gain the school would receive if fall sports are played.

Football players said they would like to play this season but don’t believe there should be a season given the spike in positive cases on the team in the past two weeks and the threat of more once Colorado State's full student body comes to campus later this month.
      https://amp.coloradoan.com/amp/55726...mpression=true
      Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
      who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
      'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Comment

Trump has done an awful/incompetent job and the CDC and NIAID have also done awful jobs under his watch. Most people don’t understand how easy it should have been to have a test ready/mass produced in early March given that the sequence of the virus was published in late January. The equipment/facilities were already in place to carry out RT-PCR..It was just a matter of producing the kits. I was also furious with the mixed messages at first regarding masks from both the CDC and WHO-it was obvious from day 1 that masks both limit spread and viral load upon infection. I also think the governors were ill prepared to respond to this in March, and once again I blame the CDC for this, since it isn’t really the job of De Blasio or Cuomo to be public health experts and know that their week of inaction in March cost tens of thousands of lives-but it did. And then some Governors around the county seem to just want people to die-the whole thing is insane.

I appreciate the cold light of reason. However, it sure seems like a lot of what you described would’ve been covered in the Pandemic Response Playbook created by the Bush Jr. admin and further codified by the Obama admin. And perhaps we’d have had a leg up on the virus had Trump not removed the implanted epidemiologist from China’s own CDC. He eliminated the position.

I know you’re not defending Trump, but the man straight-up lied to the country when he said the virus snuck up on us. It was through his negligence that we were caught off guard.

I agree about S Korea and Germany. I’d add the Baltic states to that list, too.
        “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Don’t ask, don’t tell in response to a pandemic.

Comment

Jfc..

mike pence @mike_pence

our hearts grieve for the fact that 1 in 5 of all the american lives lost in the coronavirus pandemic were lost in the state of new york and some of that was because of poor decisions by the state and by governor cuomo.
            Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
              Jfc..
              Wow!!

Comment

Pence has obviously been listening to rumors that Trump could replace him on the ticket. Gotta gain some points from Father and stay in his good graces.

Comment

Donald Trump wrote:

It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                    Pence has obviously been listening to rumors that Trump could replace him on the ticket. Gotta gain some points from Father and stay in his good graces.
                    Maybe he should take up golf.

Comment

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...positive-test/

Two suburban Atlanta school districts that began in-person classes Monday with mask-optional policies face more questions about COVID-19 safety protocols after on-campus pictures showed students packed shoulder-to-shoulder. The day after school resumed, one school announced a second grader tested positive for the coronavirus, forcing the child's teacher and classmates to be sent home to quarantine for two weeks, CBS affiliate WGCL-TV reports.

Comment

My daughter had her school walk through to turn in paperworks and books before they return to online learning. It went surprisingly smoothly. Single file line with students spaced out 6 feet apart unless they were siblings who had been quaranteening together. Every student had a mask and parents didn't go through walk through.
                        Baseball is life;
                        the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                          My daughter had her school walk through to turn in paperworks and books before they return to online learning. It went surprisingly smoothly. Single file line with students spaced out 6 feet apart unless they were siblings who had been quaranteening together. Every student had a mask and parents didn't go through walk through.
                          That’s good to hear, YT. Are you in CA or CO?

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                            Jfc..
                            That's disgraceful
                            You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                              That’s good to hear, YT. Are you in CA or CO?
                              Bay Area, CA.
                              "Distance Learning" was a cluster#### last spring very little teacher instruction or interaction. Hoping they've worked out the bugs and actually have you know, on-line lectures this fall.

Last spring my wife basically taught our daughter chemistry with the a little aid from Tyler DeWhit videos.
                              Kahn Academy was our go to for math.
                              AP World history was "Heimler's History" videos along with two teachers from Texas who alternated doing lessons on youtube before the exam.
                              English, Spanish, and PE were pretty much a complete wash out beyond reading whatever books was assigned for English.
                              Baseball is life;
                              the rest is just details.

Comment

New Zealand has had no cases in months. They've kicked ass.
                                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Working...
                                X