Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Oh no! NASCAR has suspended upcoming races.
    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

They closed all schools in RI next week. Our dumb governor is saying this will replace spring break usually in April.

Comment

Louisiana postponed their primary from early April until June over the outbreak.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/13/loui...-to-do-so.html

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/stat...204352000?s=20
        Every state should move immediately to vote by mail and before you scream that this is partisan, just think about which party would be hurt if people over 70 are too scared to go the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
          They closed all schools in RI next week. Our dumb governor is saying this will replace spring break usually in April.
          There's seems to be no hard and fast rule in CT with it being up to the local school districts but the governor has rescinded the 180 school day requirement for school districts
          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Out of all the things cancelled my wife is most irritated by the cancellation of some corned beef dinner event she planned to attend this weekend. Personally, as a guy who can merely tolerate corned beef, I'm not upset with this cancellation.

Comment

Our HS just announced closing. Today is last day of classes for awhile I'm guessing.

More details will follow on what they will do with respect to instruction there many or may not be online instruction. Supposed to have more details coming.
              Baseball is life;
              the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                Out of all the things cancelled my wife is most irritated by the cancellation of some corned beef dinner event she planned to attend this weekend. Personally, as a guy who can merely tolerate corned beef, I'm not upset with this cancellation.
                It's telling that about the only meat product in the meat department at my local super was the corned beef. The rest....empty. CostCo, on the other hand, had everything except wipes and tp.
                "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                  Our HS just announced closing. Today is last day of classes for awhile I'm guessing.

More details will follow on what they will do with respect to instruction there many or may not be online instruction. Supposed to have more details coming.
                  I had no idea you were in High School. You seem more mature than a HS student.
                  Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                    It's telling that about the only meat product in the meat department at my local super was the corned beef. The rest....empty. CostCo, on the other hand, had everything except wipes and tp.
                    wipes and wipes
                    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Just announced that there are now case(s) in my county gave but no specifics, which is less than useless in a place 3/4 the size of Rhode Island.

Comment

Stopped by the supermarket to get a few things....had to wait for a cart. Never seen lines like that before.....some items were completely sold out, like toilet paper, tissues and raw chicken. This lady behind me in line was looking a little distressed over it all....I told her that the good news is that by the time we get out of here the pandemic will be over. That seemed to calm her down some.
                        Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                          I went to BJs the other morning during the week and they had tons of everything. Someone told me today they were sold out of everything.

If I run out of toilet paper (highly doubtful) I have an ample supply of leaves in the woods behind my house.

Comment

I went to BJs the other morning during the week and they had tons of everything. Someone told me today they were sold out of everything.

If I run out of toilet paper (highly doubtful) I have an ample supply of leaves in the woods behind my house.
                            I have rocks and dirt. And cacti.
                            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                              I have rocks and dirt. And cacti.
                              There's always the Sears catalog. (do they even how a catalog anymore? Yeah, I'm old)

Comment

There's always the Sears catalog. (do they even how a catalog anymore? Yeah, I'm old)
                                Last Sears catalog was 1993. It's sells for $30 on Amazon, so I wouldn't use it to wipe my butt.

https://www.amazon.com/Last-Sears-Ca.../dp/B000R4POI2
                                "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Working...
                                X