X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/parent...dance?ref=home

This woman should be arrested and made to reimburse the area hospital for any costs associated with this ridiculous event.
    Wasn't the theory that the media and Democrats would stop talking about the virus once the election was over?

Comment

Here's one to think about.

Frequent, rapid testing could turn national COVID-19 tide within weeks

Testing half the population weekly with inexpensive, rapid-turnaround COVID-19 tests would drive the virus toward elimination within weeks—even if those tests are significantly less sensitive than gold-standard clinical tests, according to a new study published today by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and University of Colorado Boulder researchers.

Such a strategy could lead to “personalized stay-at-home orders” without shutting down restaurants, bars, retail stores, and schools, the authors said.

“Our big picture finding is that, when it comes to public health, it’s better to have a less sensitive test with results today than a more sensitive one with results tomorrow,” said lead author Daniel Larremore, an assistant professor of computer science at CU Boulder. “Rather than telling everyone to stay home so you can be sure that one person who is sick doesn’t spread it, we could give only the contagious people stay-at-home orders so everyone else can go about their lives.”

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post
        Wasn't the theory that the media and Democrats would stop talking about the virus once the election was over?
        It's Demonrats, Dude. Duh.

Yeah, that was the theory. Apparently this woman can't keep our plandemic tactics straight.
        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Denver Mayor Wellington Webb tweeted this morning, "Pass the potatoes, not COVID. Host virtual gatherings instead of in-person dinners. Avoid travel, if you can.”

He then got on a plane and flew to Mississippi to spend the holiday with his daughter.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
          - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
            Denver Mayor Wellington Webb tweeted this morning, "Pass the potatoes, not COVID. Host virtual gatherings instead of in-person dinners. Avoid travel, if you can.”

He then got on a plane and flew to Mississippi to spend the holiday with his daughter.
            Well, guess he tried and tried, but just couldn't avoid travel. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by -tz View Post
              Well, guess he tried and tried, but just couldn't avoid travel. It happens.
              I'm sure it was just impossible for him to have a virtual gathering with his daughter, like he told his citizenry to do. She probably doesn't have a computer, or internet, or something.

Or, he's a scum politician, who thinks his guidance doesn't apply to him. One or the other, I'm sure.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
              - President Barack Obama

Comment

I'm sure it was just impossible for him to have a virtual gathering with his daughter, like he told his citizenry to do. She probably doesn't have a computer, or internet, or something.

Or, he's a scum politician, who thinks his guidance doesn't apply to him. One or the other, I'm sure.
                He told them not to have in-person dinners. Maybe he and his daughter aren’t going to eat dinner?
                History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                  He told them not to have in-person dinners. Maybe he and his daughter aren’t going to eat dinner?
                  Maybe they're going to turn on the TV and watch Colorado State get beaten up on the football field by a much better team that's ALSO from Colorado. But, hold the nachos....that looks too much like dinner.

- President Barack Obama

Comment

Maybe they're going to turn on the TV and watch Colorado State get beaten up on the football field by a much better team that's ALSO from Colorado. But, hold the nachos....that looks too much like dinner.
                    Let me guess...a school in Colorado Springs?
                    History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                    - MTG

Comment

Couple miles just North of town, yeah.

- President Barack Obama

Comment

Isn't that like a figure skating school or something?
                        You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                          Isn't that like a figure skating school or something?
                          Or something.

- President Barack Obama

Comment

Like maybe a late lunch. Linner, perhaps.

Turkey sandwiches.
                            Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                              Like maybe a late lunch. Linner, perhaps.

Turkey sandwiches.
                              Sigh. Linner. Brunch.

Just pick a meal for crying out loud.
                              You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

You're being too hard on him. He said "Avoid travel, if you can." We all have people like that in our lives, don't we? Then bang, one day you find yourself waiting for the elevator with just that person.

Maybe he was sitting peacefully at home and airline employees (or contract workers, more likely) broke down the door, seized him, hauled him off to the airport and compelled him to board a plane.

Might as well spend the day with his daughter, since he was already there. He did his best to avoid it.

Comment

Working...
                                X