Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Sorry if it has been shared. Just want to remind everyone that always wash your hands and remind yourself don't touch your face unless you have washed your hands. It could greatly reduce your risk.

Comment

Originally posted by kan_t View Post
      Sorry if it has been shared. Just want to remind everyone that always wash your hands and remind yourself don't touch your face unless you have washed your hands. It could greatly reduce your risk.
      And tip a little extra if you can. Service workers are hurting

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
        And tip a little extra if you can. Service workers are hurting
        If people couldn't work from home and have to go to work through public transport, please see if you could get instant hand sanitizer, it may be easier for you to get one than a medical mask and it could be more effective protecting yourself. Always remember that you could get wuhan pneumonia not only because someone directly cough at you, but you more likely get it by touching an object which people cough at then you touch your face.

Comment

If people couldn't work from home and have to go to work through public transport, please see if you could get instant hand sanitizer, it may be easier for you to get one than a medical mask and it could be more effective protecting yourself. Always remember that you could get wuhan pneumonia not only because someone directly cough at you, but you more likely get it by touching an object which people cough at then you touch your face.
          Covid-19 or coronavirus. Not Wuhan.

Comment

Just like Japanese encephalitis virus or Spanish flu, just because I say it's Wuhan pneumonia doesn't mean that I would discriminate people from Wuhan.

Comment

Comment

Just like Japanese encephalitis virus or Spanish flu, just because I say it's Wuhan pneumonia doesn't mean that I would discriminate people from Wuhan.
                It's a Trumpkin talking point but go for it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/607786/

Comment

It's a Trumpkin talking point but go for it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/607786/
                  As a Hongkonger what I call the virus has nothing to do with American politics. Well before WHO gave it an official name, we had already needed to deal with this virus and it first broke out in Wuhan so we called it Wuhan pneumonia.

Comment

As a Hongkonger what I call the virus has nothing to do with American politics. Well before WHO gave it an official name, we had already needed to deal with this virus and it first broke out in Wuhan so we called it Wuhan pneumonia.
                    Words have no meaning. History never repeats itself. Nothing matters. Got it.

Comment

Words have no meaning. History never repeats itself. Nothing matters. Got it.
                      You make it so easy to defend Trump supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
                        You make it so easy to defend Trump supporters.
                        Was it ever really that hard for you?

Comment

With my 19, 17 and 15 year olds out of school for 3 weeks, I pulled myself out of a trip to Florida with my wife- 19 year old is asthmatic, flight is with Jet Blue (had a positive passenger) and the first three days are in Ft Lauderdale where 1000s of spring breakers are sure to be from who knows where.

My wife and son are mad at me.

The back story part is that originally we were supposed to go on a cruise that was a work reward for my wife. She really put in the sweat to earn it. Cruise got canceled but we still had a hotel and airfare. Decided to make a 9 day trip out of it. Until I didn’t. Also, she paid for *everything* which meant a lot to her.

Did I overreact? I was supposed to visit my college roommate in Jville, but when I told him I wasn’t coming he said “Yeah, I would hope not.” Man, I sweat this decision all week.

Comment

Was it ever really that hard for you?
                            No. Thanks to folks like you.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
                              No. Thanks to folks like you.
                              It was rhetorical

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
                                With my 19, 17 and 15 year olds out of school for 3 weeks, I pulled myself out of a trip to Florida with my wife- 19 year old is asthmatic, flight is with Jet Blue (had a positive passenger) and the first three days are in Ft Lauderdale where 1000s of spring breakers are sure to be from who knows where.

My wife and son are mad at me.

The back story part is that originally we were supposed to go on a cruise that was a work reward for my wife. She really put in the sweat to earn it. Cruise got canceled but we still had a hotel and airfare. Decided to make a 9 day trip out of it. Until I didn’t. Also, she paid for *everything* which meant a lot to her.

Did I overreact? I was supposed to visit my college roommate in Jville, but when I told him I wasn’t coming he said “Yeah, I would hope not.” Man, I sweat this decision all week.
                                If it means anything, I think you made the right decision. I was already down here when this started going nuts. It's all very weird and disconcerting. The only way to contain this is for everyone to participate. It sucks but lives depend on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X