Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
    With my 19, 17 and 15 year olds out of school for 3 weeks, I pulled myself out of a trip to Florida with my wife- 19 year old is asthmatic, flight is with Jet Blue (had a positive passenger) and the first three days are in Ft Lauderdale where 1000s of spring breakers are sure to be from who knows where.

My wife and son are mad at me.

The back story part is that originally we were supposed to go on a cruise that was a work reward for my wife. She really put in the sweat to earn it. Cruise got canceled but we still had a hotel and airfare. Decided to make a 9 day trip out of it. Until I didn’t. Also, she paid for *everything* which meant a lot to her.

Did I overreact? I was supposed to visit my college roommate in Jville, but when I told him I wasn’t coming he said “Yeah, I would hope not.” Man, I sweat this decision all week.
    I was thinking about going (I saw a one way airfare to FLA for less than 70 bucks) but my wife told me I was crazy. Outvoted by my wife once again. Such is my lot in life.
    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Also, I left it up to her if she wanted to go without me, which sounds awful, but I didn’t want to feel more like I was taking something away.

Comment

With my 19, 17 and 15 year olds out of school for 3 weeks, I pulled myself out of a trip to Florida with my wife- 19 year old is asthmatic, flight is with Jet Blue (had a positive passenger) and the first three days are in Ft Lauderdale where 1000s of spring breakers are sure to be from who knows where.

The back story part is that originally we were supposed to go on a cruise that was a work reward for my wife. She really put in the sweat to earn it. Cruise got canceled but we still had a hotel and airfare. Decided to make a 9 day trip out of it. Until I didn’t. Also, she paid for *everything* which meant a lot to her.

Did I overreact? I was supposed to visit my college roommate in Jville, but when I told him I wasn’t coming he said “Yeah, I would hope not.” Man, I sweat this decision all week.
        I think you did the right thing. Not sure United States has reported it before. When the virus first broke out from Wuhan, cities like Beijing and Shanghai were in lockdown in order to protect themselves. Flights and trains got cancelled and lots of people couldn't get back home because of that. I don't think United States situation is as serious but the situation changes by the minute. The government could be forced to take some very aggressive measures immediately when they realize that the situation is starting to get out of control.

Comment

I wish Trump and other officials would address this hoarding situation.
          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
            We haven’t even begun to see the worst of it. Wait until the drivers start getting sick and the food and supplies have no way to get to the stores

Comment

I read now is a good time to buy a car. The dealerships are lacking customers.

Comment

Why are people buying bottled water? I can't think of any reason to buy bottled water. Is Covid-19 going to come out of faucets?
                Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
                  Why are people buying bottled water? I can't think of any reason to buy bottled water. Is Covid-19 going to come out of faucets?
                  What I've read says people feel the need of being in control of something. And stocking up on toilet paper and water are relatively low cost and it helps some people feel like they're doing something to prepare against a possible quarantine.

And some of it I think is like a rock rolling downhill and gathering momentum. People see other people doing it so they do it, too.

Comment

I'm always surprised by the number of people that only drink bottled. Although living in NY, my tap water is delightful so I am biased.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                      I'm always surprised by the number of people that only drink bottled. Although living in NY, my tap water is delightful so I am biased.
                      I use a Brita pitcher for my tap water. Works for me.

Comment

What I've read says people feel the need of being in control of something. And stocking up on toilet paper and water are relatively low cost and it helps some people feel like they're doing something to prepare against a possible quarantine.

And some of it I think is like a rock rolling downhill and gathering momentum. People see other people doing it so they do it, too.
                        At least you can run out of TP. Who is going to run out of water?
                        Let the kids play.

Comment

At least you can run out of TP. Who is going to run out of water?
                          Trump. He flushes the toilet 15 times.

Comment

You made the right choice.
                            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                              You made the right choice.
                              I’m a pretty unpopular guy at the moment. The last minute part didn’t help.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
                                No. Thanks to folks like you.
                                You find it easy to defend a lying, corrupt, incompetent, Buffon?
                                Baseball is life;
                                the rest is just details.

Comment

Working...
                                X