Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    You find it easy to defend a lying, corrupt, incompetent, Buffon?
    Trevor Noah over here thinks Trump is a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
      Trevor Noah over here thinks Trump is a jerk.
      For a long time now, Iíve been hoping to hear someone make an intellectually honest defense of Trump and his presidency. You said Tex made it easy to defend Trump supporters, but you didnít actually do so. And you didnít even suggest a defense of Trump.

By the way, saying that liberals can be silly isnít a defense of Trump or his supporters.
      History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
      - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
        Why are people buying bottled water? I can't think of any reason to buy bottled water. Is Covid-19 going to come out of faucets?
        Tap water is disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by PettittesPrincess View Post
          Tap water is disgusting.
          Depends on where you are.
          History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
          - MTG

Comment

Tap water is disgusting.
            No, your tap water is disgusting. Mine comes from a 230-foot Artesian well drilled in 1936 that tests, and tastes, better than bottled.
            "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
              No, your tap water is disgusting. Mine comes from a 230-foot Artesian well drilled in 1936 that tests, and tastes, better than bottled.
              Not everyone has that. So thatís why people buy it. If I have to drink it I will but hopefully I donít have to.

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                For a long time now, Iíve been hoping to hear someone make an intellectually honest defense of Trump and his presidency. You said Tex made it easy to defend Trump supporters, but you didnít actually do so. And you didnít even suggest a defense of Trump.

By the way, saying that liberals can be silly isnít a defense of Trump or his supporters.
                They have no legitimate defense except to deflect from his incompetence and corrupt behavior.
                NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Youíre going to be waiting a long time because there isnít one.
                  Baseball is life;
                  the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                    What I've read says people feel the need of being in control of something. And stocking up on toilet paper and water are relatively low cost and it helps some people feel like they're doing something to prepare against a possible quarantine.

And some of it I think is like a rock rolling downhill and gathering momentum. People see other people doing it so they do it, too.
                    Yes it's also due to lack of information they have. There would be lots fake information flowing around. Some are unintentional. They're just panic. Some are intentional. They try to make a profit from the situation.

Comment

I feel like I've attempted it a few times on this forum, but it's ultimately pretty futile. Especially here. People are very passionate about the issue, and it's not worth angering someone and risk being hated on a forum where I mostly just want to talk baseball. I also don't want to turn this thread into another Trump thread (if that hasn't been done already).

I also don't want to be accused of avoiding the questions... so I'll quickly say that defending Trump himself as a person is pretty impossible. But he ran at a time where people were very frustrated with American politics and was lucky to be doing it against someone who had a lot of skeletons in her closet and wasn't exactly the most likable person. It was an insane shock when he won, and I feel like the left has dealt with that by trying to make everything he does seem like the worst thing ever. That's really my biggest complaint. If he was treated and reported on fairly, his shtick would get pretty tired and it would be easy to legitimately criticize him, but when an entire party has to passionately be 100% against every single thing the dude says, they back themselves into an impossibly non-existent corner... and that's essentially what happened. They're about to nominate a guy who can barely construct a sentence, but he's going to get major national support just because he disagrees with Trump.

But whatever. I could go on, but I'm sure people don't care. I'm boring myself at this point. Just didn't want to seem like I was ignoring the issue.

Comment

Not everyone has that. So thatís why people buy it. If I have to drink it I will but hopefully I donít have to.
                        So...."Some tap water.....most tap water" not "Tap water is disgusting". Excesssive generalization is one of the things we are taught not to do on this forum.
                        "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

They're about to nominate a guy who can barely construct a sentence, but he's going to get major national support just because he disagrees with Trump.
                          The irony meter is always overtaxed at nyyfans, but I'm pretty sure this gem just broke it.
                          I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post
                            The irony meter is always overtaxed at nyyfans, but I'm pretty sure this gem just broke it.
                            I must say... my first instinct is to doubt myself, but I'm not sure I understand this. Did I make a grammatical/syntactic error? Or is the irony that Trump is a horrible public speaker? You might have to walk me through this one.

Comment

I feel like I've attempted it a few times on this forum, but it's ultimately pretty futile. Especially here. People are very passionate about the issue, and it's not worth angering someone and risk being hated on a forum where I mostly just want to talk baseball. I also don't want to turn this thread into another Trump thread (if that hasn't been done already).

I also don't want to be accused of avoiding the questions... so I'll quickly say that defending Trump himself as a person is pretty impossible. But he ran at a time where people were very frustrated with American politics and was lucky to be doing it against someone who had a lot of skeletons in her closet and wasn't exactly the most likable person. It was an insane shock when he won, and I feel like the left has dealt with that by trying to make everything he does seem like the worst thing ever. That's really my biggest complaint. If he was treated and reported on fairly, his shtick would get pretty tired and it would be easy to legitimately criticize him, but when an entire party has to passionately be 100% against every single thing the dude says, they back themselves into an impossibly non-existent corner... and that's essentially what happened. They're about to nominate a guy who can barely construct a sentence, but he's going to get major national support just because he disagrees with Trump.

But whatever. I could go on, but I'm sure people don't care. I'm boring myself at this point. Just didn't want to seem like I was ignoring the issue.
                              Actually, people do care. We've asked every Trump supporter that's posted to defend that support and always get something else. Like your post. You didn't say a thing in defense of his policies or actions. You criticized other posters, the left, HRC, the media, and Joe Biden. "He's not being treated fairly" is not a defense. It's also debatable. But either way it's a terrible reason to support him if that's all you have.

Comment

I still have trump supporter friends blaming this on the media and the democrats and why are we panicking over 50 deaths. The panic (hoarding) is because we are greedy and selfish, if the media and we are taking it seriously because it is serious. Of course if you use Trump as your voice and example which sadly his cult members do, you wrongly compare this to the flu and business as usu. which is why I havenít left the house in a week and wonít unless I have to. If we all took this seriously and if Trump took it seriously in January when first approached or early February when again he was told but called it a hoax, we might be with South Korea or China that did and now are reporting fewer cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X