Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
    Actually, people do care. We've asked every Trump supporter that's posted to defend that support and always get something else. Like your post. You didn't say a thing in defense of his policies or actions. You criticized other posters, the left, HRC, the media, and Joe Biden. "He's not being treated fairly" is not a defense. It's also debatable. But either way it's a terrible reason to support him if that's all you have.
    I do remember months ago trying to articulate where I was coming from, but I was met with a brick wall of people who weren't interested in what I was saying (you being maybe the chief example of that, and someone I started specifically ignoring because it wasn't producing actual conversation, but rather your diatribe of emotions that you were feeling). I certainly don't like to call myself a "Trump supporter" because that would loop me into a huge group of people who are moronic. I guess I prefer to see myself as "anti-politician" and pro-reality

Comment

Covid-19 or coronavirus. Not Wuhan.
      Exactly. The increased xenophobia is disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by DkNNy79 View Post
        Exactly. The increased xenophobia is disturbing.
        I think the illness and death would be far more disturbing. Saying a virus that came from Wuhan... came from Wuhan, would be like 94th on the list of disturbing things about this pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
          I do remember months ago trying to articulate where I was coming from, but I was met with a brick wall of people who weren't interested in what I was saying (you being maybe the chief example of that, and someone I started specifically ignoring because it wasn't producing actual conversation, but rather your diatribe of emotions that you were feeling). I certainly don't like to call myself a "Trump supporter" because that would loop me into a huge group of people who are moronic. I guess I prefer to see myself as "anti-politician" and pro-reality
          So I'm just being emotional? Dude.

Comment

I think the illness and death would be far more disturbing. Saying a virus that came from Wuhan... came from Wuhan, would be like 94th on the list of disturbing things about this pandemic.
            Calling it Wuhan virus is worse than illness and death said no one ever. There is a perfect example of why your posts are met with a brick wall. You don't think calling it Wuhan virus is xenophobic? okay. Make your case. Instead you throw out some unrelated babble and shout bingo.

Comment

So I'm just being emotional? Dude.
              Well yes of course. It's not a sin to be emotional, it's perfectly understandable. But when you let your emotion affect your logic is where it starts to become problematic.

Comment

Well yes of course. It's not a sin to be emotional, it's perfectly understandable. But when you let your emotion affect your logic is where it starts to become problematic.
                Yeah that's it. I just post a bundle of illogical emotions.

Comment

Calling it Wuhan virus is worse than illness and death said no one ever. There is a perfect example of why your posts are met with a brick wall. You don't think calling it Wuhan virus is xenophobic? okay. Make your case. Instead you throw out some unrelated babble and shout bingo.
                  Calling it 'Wuhan virusis' is xenophobic in the same way that it's xenophobic to call a person who was born in China, Chinese. It's just stating things that are real. And being offended by it shows a rather strange reaction to the word "Wuhan"

Comment

Trump supporters accusing others of posting illogical it s defines irony

Comment

Calling it 'Wuhan virusis' is xenophobic in the same way that it's xenophobic to call a person who was born in China, Chinese. It's just stating things that are real. And being offended by it shows a rather strange reaction to the word "Wuhan"
                      Thoughts on the article I posted explaining the long history of negative consequences of blaming a contagion by the place of it's origin or people where it originated? And commenting =/= being offended.

Comment

yes Exactly! And that bundle of illogical emotions is called "the brick wall"

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                          Trump supporters accusing others of posting illogical it s defines irony
                          It's funny in a sad way.
                          NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Thoughts on the article I posted explaining the long history of negative consequences of calling a contagion by the name of it's origin or people where it originated? And commenting =/= being offended.
                            I don't think any logical person would think negatively of someone who came from Wuhan because of this virus. It's like thinking badly about a New Yorker because of 9/11.

Comment

Since Trump took office he made everything “us vs them”. Because thwt is what his base wants. He can, without any proof, yet his base of cult members to believe a caravan of women and children are coming to America to harm us, but with evidence can’t get many of them to take this virus seriously. And when he and his flock do reference it instead of calling it the coronavirus or COVID-19, they fall it the Wuhan Flu. Which is wrong on both counts as it has nothing to do with the flu.

Comment

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/12...264949248?s=21

Administration creating a human Petri dish at airports. Even worse, no sanitizer or hand wipes available.

Comment

Working...
                                X