Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
    That is correct. I have an appt tomorrow as well. High five.
    I have a friend (just turned 55. I thought she was younger. lol) and she was able to schedule an appt at a Walgreens yesterday. I was both "good for you" and "wtf". She's getting Moderna.
    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
      I have a friend (just turned 55. I thought she was younger. lol) and she was able to schedule an appt at a Walgreens yesterday. I was both "good for you" and "wtf". She's getting Moderna.
      I am also getting moderna. CT is getting 30,000 J and J vaccines today supposedly so if you know anyone still trying to find appts more should open up.

Comment

I am also getting moderna. CT is getting 30,000 J and J vaccines today supposedly so if you know anyone still trying to find appts more should open up.
        And those are single shots, which may appeal to many folks.
        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
          And those are single shots, which may appeal to many folks.
          Biden administration this morning announced Merck will start producing the J&J vaccine to increase supply

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
            So, Colorado is expanding the eligibility window to certain at-risk employment categories, and to folks my age, effective Friday. But when I call for an appointment, I'm told I'm not eligible.

"Why not?", I ask, and I'm told you need to be 65.

"But on Friday, the eligible age goes down to 60. I'm trying to make an appointment for then."

"No, you can't do that. You can't make an appointment until you're eligible. Call back on Friday."

"If I call Friday, you won't have any Friday appointments, will you?"

"Almost certainly not."

"Then I really don't become eligible for a shot on Friday, I only become eligible to sign up for a shot."

"Just call back on Friday when you're eligible."

Great system.
            So you’re bitching about not being able sign up until you’re eligible?
            Baseball is life;
            the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
              So you’re bitching about not being able sign up until you’re eligible?
              Somewhat.

The State says I'm eligible to get a shot on Friday. I happen to be off work on Friday, so I'd like to take advantage of that confluence of events. I can't. Because somehow 'eligible to get a shot' has been redefined as 'eligible to sign up for a shot at a future date.' By all current indicators, it will be over a week between my group being 'eligible' and anyone in that group actually getting inoculated.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
              - President Barack Obama

Comment

Somewhat.

The State says I'm eligible to get a shot on Friday. I happen to be off work on Friday, so I'd like to take advantage of that confluence of events. I can't. Because somehow 'eligible to get a shot' has been redefined as 'eligible to sign up for a shot at a future date.' By all current indicators, it will be over a week between my group being 'eligible' and anyone in that group actually getting inoculated.
                You’re as bad as the people in the season ticket threads complaining they don’t know what the season ticket plan is in the middle of a pandemic.
                Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Somewhat.

I think you're just being difficult. Millions of people become eligible in any group. When my driver's license expires I have to wait to get a dmv appointment. When my teeth are due to be cleaned I have to wait to see the hygenist. Sometimes appointments are simply not immediately available for all sorts of things. You just want to rag on the government.

Comment

I think you're just being difficult. Millions of people become eligible in any group. When my driver's license expires I have to wait to get a dmv appointment. When my teeth are due to be cleaned I have to wait to see the hygenist. Sometimes appointments are simply not immediately available for all sorts of things. You just want to rag on the government.
                    that damn government
                    You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

It also makes sense to not book for future phases until the phase is officially entered because the pandemic might force a rule change.
                      “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

I think you're just being difficult.
                        I'm old. It's part of the job description.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                        - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                          https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/01/u...mid=fb-nytimes

Frontier Cancels Flight, Citing Maskless Passengers

I hope the investigation gets to the bottom of this and that it indeed was not antisemitic. If it really was just the babies who were unmasked, then this is so wrong.
                          Refusal to wear masks has caused issues and outbreaks in my hometown of Lakewood among the large orthodox and ultraorthodox populations there. In the past few years there have also been measles outbreaks due to anti-vax sentiments within the population...so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                            that damn government
                            Oh hey there George.

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
                              Oh hey there George.
                              That Damn Bush!!

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
                                Oh hey there George.
                                That Damn Bush!!

Comment

Working...
                                X