Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    My daughter said one of her classmates is going on a trip to Italy this month. How concerned should I be, and should I let the principal know?
    There’s a real good chance that trip will be cancelled, as most of Italy is at a standstill through March. If not, I’d have no issue alerting the principal about it. Maybe a self-quarantine upon return is warranted.
    Let the kids play.

Comment

Here we are getting shade thrown at us by the World Health Organization...so much winning. Good job America.

https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1235466577350463488

Comment

Now I’m reading articles about how dangerous it is to touch my own face, and ways to stop myself from doing it. Screw it. I’ll just get the virus.
        History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
        - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
          Now I’m reading articles about how dangerous it is to touch my own face, and ways to stop myself from doing it. Screw it. I’ll just get the virus.
          I hear lots of folks saying that they're just going to assume that they get it at some point in time. However, it seems likely that only a relative few will get it. Suppose we go from 200 U.S. cases now to 1 million cases within a year, including those who don't get tested and have mild symptoms. That gives any one of us a chance of 0.004 to get infected.
          Let the kids play.

Comment

I'm 62 years old and I've never had the flu. Not once. But then again, my father's dad died as a result of the 1918 influenza pandemic.
            You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
              I'm 62 years old and I've never had the flu. Not once. But then again, my father's dad died as a result of the 1918 influenza pandemic.
              Our family got hit hard with the flu about 8 years ago when Typhoid Andy, a virologist, came back from China with an Asian strain and decided he needed to share it with lab and not stay home. He should have known better but he's just an a-hole. We had even gotten flu shots that year...didn't help as it was a total different stain. Knocked my wife out for two weeks (asthma complications) and me for 7 days.
              Baseball is life;
              the rest is just details.

Comment

This is proof you’re older than I am. I’m only 61.
                Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
                  And this is the best you can do in pretending you’re different people.
                  History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                  - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                    And this is the best you can do in pretending you’re different people.
                    We're desperate.
                    Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
                      I'm rounding off. I'm closer to turning 62 than beginning 61. And I like even numbers.
                      You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

First case involving Connecticut. Employee of Danbury and Norwalk Hospital (though lives in New York) tested positive

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                          Our family got hit hard with the flu about 8 years ago when Typhoid Andy, a virologist, came back from China with an Asian strain and decided he needed to share it with lab and not stay home. He should have known better but he's just an a-hole. We had even gotten flu shots that year...didn't help as it was a total different stain. Knocked my wife out for two weeks (asthma complications) and me for 7 days.
                          The Hong Kong flu (1968) took my parents’ second born. He was two. I was born two years later. It’s such a weird feeling to ponder what might’ve been. Whenever they say, “It’s only the very young and old that need to worry”, I want to end that observation with a pick axe.
                          “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                            The Hong Kong flu (1968) took my parents’ second born. He was two. I was born two years later. It’s such a weird feeling to ponder what might’ve been. Whenever they say, “It’s only the very young and old that need to worry”, I want to end that observation with a pick axe.
                            I am on anti rejection meds after a kidney transplant and also in elevated level of concern but yes anyone can be affected

Comment

I'm rounding off. I'm closer to turning 62 than beginning 61. And I like even numbers.
                              Same here. Once the year rolls over, so doesn't my age.

I (actually the whole family) just got over the flu (two weeks of ups and downs). Still have a slight cough every once in awhile. Not anxious to get something else that will knock me on my butt. Big push on to test working from home over the next week or so for my company just to prove the concept. If all goes well, they may just shutter the building until this blows over.

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                                The dangerous thing with this is that folks are comparing it to the mortality rate of the flu. What folks don't know (and hardly anyone yet knows) is just how bad this thing can get. If healthy people start dying from this with adequate care, this is going to start raising some flags. The good thing for us in the Northeast is that if you're going to get sick in any part of the world, this is the area to do it in. The corridor between Boston and Yale/New Haven is loaded with great hospitals.

Comment

Working...
                                X