Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    So then certainly every single leader of every single country is equally responsible?
    The question was about how the government botched the roll-out of testing. Every government didn't screw that up as badly as we did.

Comment

SharpER than Biden. Again you left out an important detail that very much twists what I actually said into something else. You've done that a few times. Please stop.
      He's not sharper than Biden. And that is not a compliment for Biden. Trump is not sharp and he's also ignorant.

Comment

https://twitter.com/dannyzuker/statu...086578176?s=21

Sources are telling me that as early as Monday, Fox News will ask its employees to lie from home.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post
          The question was about how the government botched the roll-out of testing. Every government didn't screw that up as badly as we did.
          The gov didn't just botch it. That implies that they just did a poor job. The president specifically directed them not to test.

Comment

So in your opinion, the United States is the primary cause of this pandemic?

Comment

So in your opinion, the United States is the primary cause of this pandemic?
              I'd like to understand how you got that from what I said.

Comment

You know, Ezra Klein made a good point. The way Trump and friends could have really owned the libs and sealed his reelection would have been by deploying an aggressive, successful response staring back in January. But here we are.

Comment

I'd like to understand how you got that from what I said.
                  I was saying that it ultimately doesn't matter what one person, even a President, does. In this situation, it's much more dependent on the entire human population to stop the spread of the virus. You then said you thought the United States government botched the response more than most countries, which seemed to imply that the United States was one of the main causes of this issue. Sorry if I misinterpreted somewhere.

Also, we're on page 19 (at least in my settings) of the COVID-19 thread. Just wanted to point that out. As I'm typing this, I'm starting to realize that it's not particularly interesting.... but oh well. Going for it anyway!!

Comment

So then certainly every single leader of every single country is equally responsible?
                    They are certainly responsible for how they do or don’t coordinate a respite to it.

Trump certainly was responsible for the slow out roll of the uS response to this and trying to suppress the numbers discouraging testing and feeding into the narrative that it was all media hoax and under control. He’s obviously backtracked on that now
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

I was saying that it ultimately doesn't matter what one person, even a President, does. In this situation, it's much more dependent on the entire human population to stop the spread of the virus. You then said you thought the United States government botched the response more than most countries, which seemed to imply that the United States was one of the main causes of this issue. Sorry if I misinterpreted somewhere.

Also, we're on page 19 (at least in my settings) of the COVID-19 thread. Just wanted to point that out. As I'm typing this, I'm starting to realize that it's not particularly interesting.... but oh well. Going for it anyway!!
                      It was certainly large and a pandemic before it started to spread in US so no the US is not the reason for this. But our government had, or should have, had data o how other other countries handled it and used a best practices from them in addressing the situation early on. Which clearly they did not.
                      Baseball is life;

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                        You know, Ezra Klein made a good point. The way Trump and friends could have really owned the libs and sealed his reelection would have been by deploying an aggressive, successful response staring back in January. But here we are.
                        This a thousand times. All he had to do was to emerge as a leader and it’d have shut up a lot of people.

Then reality set in that Trump remained the fraud he always was.
                        “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

It's not really arguable that the U.S. was less aggressive and less able to test its citizens than other countries.

Not sure how that gets to the U.S. being a main cause of the pandemic? That doesn't make any sense. What it does lead to is the country's inability to track the virus, which makes the response weaker in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                            He's not sharper than Biden. And that is not a compliment for Biden. Trump is not sharp and he's also ignorant.
                            Trump is the worst combination of arrogance combined with ignorance. And that's definitely not a compliment.
                            You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

I don't know... there's a fine line between gaffes and mental decline. Biden can barely remember Obama's name. I kind of feel that he's just a warm body who has been programmed at this point. He has a mountain of canned answers that he goes to and sometimes gets things mixed up. And of course Trump is obese and possibly the oddest looking human being on Earth, but that's what makes the fact that he's mentally sharper even more stark. I think a one on one debate where Trump has no holds barred and Biden can only stick with his talking points is not going to look good for the Democrats.

And in a situation like this, I'm not sure one person (even a President) can have much of an influence on what happens. Unless he literally bans going outside, it's always going to come down to the will of people to not spread the virus. I think even if Trump had come out right away and urged everyone to stay inside, we'd be in pretty much the exact same situation right now.

That being said, Biden has his history of responding poorly to situations like this. My apologies for the ridiculous Twitter source... but it at least has the unedited video: https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/sta...32094833954817
                              So not an answer to any of my question and no defense of Trump’s handling of the situation. But thanks for the wall of text.
                              Baseball is life;

Comment

Sorry, just got a few responses in a row and it's tough to respond to every single thing. I guess I ultimately believe that there's no response anyone could have had to make things different than they are right now. Similar things have happened before, and they have a way of working themselves out. Was Trump urging that it was like a flu ignorant? Obviously, in retrospect, it was. But who knows? If it hadn't become a pandemic, and things got better on their own (which no one can control), could it have been a great way of reassuring the public and quelling fear? Sorry, this is probably getting too philosophical rather than factual.

Comment

Working...
                                X