Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
    You see, ClownPickle, the thing is.........if you don't like something, it's racist, but if you DO like something, and someone identifies a parallel, it's a false equivalency.

    It's really very simple.
    Except one has a long storied history of discrimination against people of color and one does not.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

    Comment


      Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

      It's just not as simple as this. Decades of slavery, oppression, and systemic racism/lies have led to widespread governmental and pharmaceutical distrust among minorities.

      You can't just wipe out decades of this type of oppression and distrust because of how easy something is logistically. That would be like saying someone should just make an online appointment at the DMV for a voter ID, you know?
      You don’t believe systemic racism is a thing.
      Russian warship, go **** yourself

      Comment


        Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

        You don’t believe systemic racism is a thing.
        Of course I do, we just disagree to it's prevalence.
        Calmer than you are

        7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

        Comment


          Originally posted by ojo View Post

          Except I was sincere when I posited if that particular poster was actually from / living in Canada. Maybe that was too personal, maybe not, but I found it to be an important question to ask if we are to value eachothers opinions.
          I like you, man. I like that you can give and take a little back and forth. I typically agree with you outside of this thread. I share a bond with you as you and I were two of the loudest voices hoping that the Yankees would sign Heyward to an 8 year deal when he was a free agent LOL

          But for real I laughed when I read this. You make it sound like you brought that up just once just cuz science and because you wanted to understand more about the digital person that is hfxbob. You constantly try to discredit his POVs because he's from Canada. I think just recently you said something along the lines of "Canada, ladies and gentlemen." I've called you out on it several times. Own it LOL

          Comment


            Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

            Of course I do, we just disagree to it's prevalence.
            There’s no "of course" there.
            Russian warship, go **** yourself

            Comment


              Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

              There’s no "of course" there.
              You'd prefer "clearly?"


              "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
              - President Barack Obama

              Comment


                Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
                You'd prefer "clearly?"
                I’d prefer an acknowledgment of the positions he’s taken in the past. There was applauding the UK policy paper stating that systemic racism doesn’t exist. There have also been repeated assertions that only specifically demonstrable racist intent in specific circumstances qualifies as racism. Heck, we aren’t even offered data to show how this specific situation was caused by nothing other than racsim.

                I call BS.
                Russian warship, go **** yourself

                Comment


                  Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

                  I’d prefer an acknowledgment of the positions he’s taken in the past. There was applauding the UK policy paper stating that systemic racism doesn’t exist. There have also been repeated assertions that only specifically demonstrable racist intent in specific circumstances qualifies as racism. Heck, we aren’t even offered data to show how this specific situation was caused by nothing other than racsim.

                  I call BS.
                  That's demonstrably false. They never stated it doesn't exist. The report just didn't find "systemic racism" as the main driver for disparities. That aligns with my own view.

                  You should actually read it:
                  https://assets.publishing.service.go...Accessible.pdf

                  I'll provide some examples.

                  Massage massacre: The shooter was a religious extremist and sex addict. He actually admitted to the killings but not due to race. You see racism anyway.

                  Voter ID: I see the Republicans push for this to be politically motivated. Helps secure votes. Not racially motivated, but it does impact minorities. You see racism anyway.

                  Test Scores: Asians score much higher than African Americans despite similar levels of low income and hate crimes. You see the disparity as due to historical racism.

                  Your default is racism. Your default for disparity is racism. It's consistent, prevalent, and frankly it's harmful.
                  Calmer than you are

                  7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

                    That's demonstrably false. They never stated it doesn't exist. The report just didn't find "systemic racism" as the main driver for disparities. That aligns with my own view.

                    You should actually read it:
                    https://assets.publishing.service.go...Accessible.pdf

                    I'll provide some examples.

                    Massage massacre: The shooter was a religious extremist and sex addict. He actually admitted to the killings but not due to race. You see racism anyway.

                    Voter ID: I see the Republicans push for this to be politically motivated. Helps secure votes. Not racially motivated, but it does impact minorities. You see racism anyway.

                    Test Scores: Asians score much higher than African Americans despite similar levels of low income and hate crimes. You see the disparity as due to historical racism.

                    Your default is racism. Your default for disparity is racism. It's consistent, prevalent, and frankly it's harmful.
                    Why are you providing examples of what I believe? That’s well documented, and not at issue. Not even a good deflection.
                    Russian warship, go **** yourself

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

                      Why are you providing examples of what I believe? That’s well documented, and not at issue. Not even a good deflection.
                      How is that a deflection? I'm addressing what you are specifically accusing me of: "There was applauding the UK policy paper stating that systemic racism doesn’t exist."

                      That wasn't in the report. They never said it didn't exist. That's not true. I've also elaborated my position. That clear enough?
                      Calmer than you are

                      7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

                        How is that a deflection? I'm addressing what you are specifically accusing me of: "There was applauding the UK policy paper stating that systemic racism doesn’t exist."

                        That wasn't in the report. They never said it didn't exist. That's not true. I've also elaborated my position. That clear enough?
                        I still dont believe you think systemic racism is a thing. I think you occasionally fake-argue it to see, contrary.
                        Russian warship, go **** yourself

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

                          I still dont believe you think systemic racism is a thing. I think you occasionally fake-argue it to see, contrary.
                          Nope. My argument is that you see "systemic racism" everywhere and in everything, and it leads to all these disparities, violence, and laws.

                          My view, and that of the UK government is that far more relevant (non-racist) things lead to those things, not that systemic racism/racism doesn't exist at all. That was the point of my post reviewing your positions, and showing my own.
                          Calmer than you are

                          7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

                            Nope. My argument is that you see "systemic racism" everywhere and in everything, and it leads to all these disparities, violence, and laws.

                            My view, and that of the UK government is that far more relevant (non-racist) things lead to those things, not that systemic racism/racism doesn't exist at all. That was the point of my post reviewing your positions, and showing my own.
                            No, your argument here was about the corrosive effects of systemic racism. I think that was a cynical and ironic argument. And this time you didn’t show your own positions at all, just attacked mine.
                            Russian warship, go **** yourself

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by False1 View Post
                              I like you, man. I like that you can give and take a little back and forth. I typically agree with you outside of this thread. I share a bond with you as you and I were two of the loudest voices hoping that the Yankees would sign Heyward to an 8 year deal when he was a free agent LOL

                              But for real I laughed when I read this. You make it sound like you brought that up just once just cuz science and because you wanted to understand more about the digital person that is hfxbob. You constantly try to discredit his POVs because he's from Canada. I think just recently you said something along the lines of "Canada, ladies and gentlemen." I've called you out on it several times. Own it LOL
                              No, I was legit serious. I consider the USA to be broken, and I question anyone who purports to be on the outside commenting in. We have enough misinformation going full-blast nowadays.

                              Down is up, strikeouts are good for offenses, stringing together consecutive hits is/are frowned upon, and Daniel Jones shows just enough promise to keep the Giants from doing the right thing.
                              “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post

                                Ain't never gonna do it without the fez on.
                                The Royal Scam is personally a top 10 all time LP.
                                “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X