Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bub View Post
    It sure gives the appearance that he cares more about the economic impacts of the virus more than the virus itself, however this is the way it should be. When it comes to what’s next in the fight against the virus, he has no idea what he’s talking about, and the last thing we need to hear right now are more of his wild claims and hunches.
    These pressers are so weird. Trump comes out and says some gobbledygoop full of half truths and flat out lies then Pence comes out and does some "dear leader" stuff ( although he was a little better this time than last) then the pros come on with the truth, spewing facts and contradicting what the pres said. It's like three completely different press conferences. Bizarre.

Comment

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by hardrain View Post
      It is despicable that so many people -- on both sides of the political isle - see the virus as "how can I get political advantage."

The press is the worse. I have no idea where to go for true non-bias news. It does not exist.
      Why do you say the press has been the worst? If they’ve spread misinformation, it’s been primarily by repeating what Trump has sad.
      Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
        Why do you say the press has been the worst? If they’ve spread misinformation, it’s been primarily by repeating what Trump has sad.
        Just wow....blind...
        "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

It is despicable that so many people -- on both sides of the political isle - see the virus as "how can I get political advantage."

The press is the worse. I have no idea where to go for true non-bias news. It does not exist.
          “Not what I want to hear” does not mean biased. Trump was incompetent in handling this and that’s not a partisan take.

Most people doing what needs to be done right now are getting the proper info from the media.

Comment

Just wow....blind...
            Sit this one out

Comment

Originally posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
              Sorry, just got a few responses in a row and it's tough to respond to every single thing. I guess I ultimately believe that there's no response anyone could have had to make things different than they are right now. Similar things have happened before, and they have a way of working themselves out. Was Trump urging that it was like a flu ignorant? Obviously, in retrospect, it was. But who knows? If it hadn't become a pandemic, and things got better on their own (which no one can control), could it have been a great way of reassuring the public and quelling fear? Sorry, this is probably getting too philosophical rather than factual.
              Oh stop it. It was a terrible lie as soon as he said it. There's no hindsight needed.
              “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Found on Twitter, but looks legit:

"Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
                  “Not what I want to hear” does not mean biased. Trump was incompetent in handling this and that’s not a partisan take.

Most people doing what needs to be done right now are getting the proper info from the media.
                  The point I am trying to make is both the liberal and conservative press present information in a bias manner. Limbaugh is a fool for not taking things seriously. This is real. On the other side...MSNBC and CNN are more interested in blaming Trump...like when Rachel Maddow claimed anti Chinese bias in January when Trump stooped Chinese flights..
                  "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

The point I am trying to make is both the liberal and conservative press present information in a bias manner. Limbaugh is a fool for not taking things seriously. This is real. On the other side...MSNBC and CNN are more interested in blaming Trump...like when Rachel Maddow claimed anti Chinese bias in January when Trump stooped Chinese flights..
                    The difference being one is disinformation directly leading to reckless behavior designed to increase the spread of communicable disease with a mortality rate somewhere between 10 and 50 times the seasonal Flu depending on your risk group and how overwhelming the local health care system is and the other is being mean to a doofus who had his head in the sand until a few days ago.
                    Baseball is life;
                    the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                      Truth. He and Fox News will end up killing people with their ignorance

Comment

Any media outlet reporting Trump’s incompetence in this manner is doing so accurately.

Comment

It's important to be able to distinguish news from opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                            I would argue that there is a great deal of xenophobia in Hong Kong and all around Asia directed at the mainland Chinese and it has increased significantly in regard to the coronavirus. Google it focusing on local Asian news sources.
                            Sometimes it's xenophobia, and sometimes another country really is coming to get you. (Apologies for stealing the old line about paranoia.) We ARE talking about the People's Republic of China. Calling them 'mainland Chinese' does not remove their dubious human rights record or their unquestioned desire for regional, if not global, power.

Again, when judging other cultures, some higher order values will get sacrificed when people feel their survival is threatened. It may not be pretty or desirable, but I will give another culture a pass until more fundamental human values are threatened. These battles need to be chosen carefully when you are asserting American political correctness over foreign cultures.
                            "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                              It's important to be able to distinguish news from opinion.
                              Yep....that is my point...

Comment

Suggestion: Maybe keep politics out of this thread. There are plenty of threads to discuss the politics that go along with this issue.
                                Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X