Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by False1 View Post
    Yeah, that union guidance is dumb. And the NYT is right to make that point. I hate how they're doing it though.

First, I think it's tenuous at best to by default say all deaths from covid among officers are "duty-related." I'm sure that's FAR from true. I looked for information on how that determination was made in the link in the NTY article, but couldn't find anything.

Second, there are roughly 700k full time LEO's in the US. With 460 deaths dating back to 2020, that would amount to a 66 deaths per 100k rate among LEO's over the 22 months since. Even if you assume all of those were in fact duty related, that's less than the death per 100k rate for all US citizens. Using 330MM US citizens and the 631k covid-related deaths through August 25, 2021 you get a death per 100k rate of 191.

I support the message, but they need to do a better job of using facts and data and showing their methodology. Otherwise, they leave it open as a stick to discredit the message.
    I don't really care how many of them died of their own stupidity but I do wonder how many people they sickened or murdered by working with minor symptoms or as asymptomatic carriers. One would be too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

I don't really care how many of them died of their own stupidity but I do wonder how many people they sickened or murdered by working with minor symptoms or as asymptomatic carriers. One would be too many.
      Just read a friend of mine has his mother in a nursing home recovering from a leg injury. Turns out multiple nurses did not get vaccinated, now this otherwise healthy vaccinated woman (In her upper 70’s) now has covid. So sick of these selfish and stupid people crying “ma freedom in ‘Murica!”. They have blood on their hands. Thee selfish people can and will rot in hell

Comment

I get the anger, I share it... but it saddens me to see we're now cool with 47% of people in the US dying, and also damning them to hell for all eternity to boot. I presume this forum, outside of this thread, is probably pretty close to the national average on full vaccination.

Since we're banging the judge's gavel here... What's your take on your friend that put his upper 70's mother in a nursing home for a leg injury in the middle of a pandemic? That seems pretty stupid and selfish. Any special thoughts on his eternal soul you plan to share with him next time you cross paths? I'd give up about everything I have right now if it meant keeping my mother out of a nursing home especially for something like a leg injury.

Comment

I get the anger, I share it... but it saddens me to see we're now cool with 47% of people in the US dying, and also damning them to hell for all eternity to boot. I presume this forum, outside of this thread, is probably pretty close to the national average on full vaccination.

Since we're banging the judge's gavel here... What's your take on your friend that put his upper 70's mother in a nursing home for a leg injury in the middle of a pandemic? That seems pretty stupid and selfish. Any special thoughts on his eternal soul you plan to share with him next time you cross paths? I'd give up about everything I have right now if it meant keeping my mother out of a nursing home especially for something like a leg injury.
          Oh? What is the nature of this leg injury? I guess his friend could have quickly gotten the nursing credentials that would give him the ability to care for her himself and the $ to not work so he could be with her 24/7. Oh yeah - the ability to go without sleep I suppose. I dunno. Might be a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

Oh? What is the nature of this leg injury? I guess his friend could have quickly gotten the nursing credentials that would give him the ability to care for her himself and the $ to not work so he could be with her 24/7. Oh yeah - the ability to go without sleep I suppose. I dunno. Might be a stretch.
            If you believe that the evidence that elderly people are at more risk and that nursing homes are hot spots, and then on top of that you believe that 1 in 2 people walking around in this country are death-wielding vermin with blood on their hands, then yes I'd say it's stupid and selfish to put your mother in a nursing home. I mean this all started with a conversation about 460 cops across the entire US that died over a 22 month period from Covid. There were what, 13k victims in nursing homes in NY alone that died from Covid in like 10 months?

Comment

I said this elsewhere and I’ll repeat it here I don’t want the unvaccinated to die, I just don’t want them to be plague rats either.

however at this point I have little sympathy for the unvaccinated who do die when there is a readily available and free vaccine available.

as to old people dying form Covid who are vaccinated, yes over 80% of the breakthrough deaths from vaccinated Covid patients are in the over 65 group, so it is even more important to mandate vaccines for anyone who regularly works around people Age 65 and older whether or not the persons over 65 is vaccinated or not.
              Baseball is life;
              the rest is just details.

Comment

I am a kidney transplant recipient. I should be SEEING a doctor every three months for follow up. I haven’t seen a doctor in person since January but f 2020. I still go for the bloodwork which where I go I am in and out in 5 minutes whereas if I went to the hospital for a full appointment I would be there 1- 2 hours. Instead I do a video appointment. Why? I can’t risk being around unvaccinated people indoors for if with all my underlying conditions, if I got covid. I very likely would die or at minimum he intubated. And forget dining out or walking in a store because some selfish entitled Murican can’t be inconvenienced to put a mask on because only his or her freedoms matter. I have learned these last years that my life, and lives are f people like me on this country are worthless. F this piece of crap country

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

He was 84 and had cancer, sadly. He died because a lot of selfish people are not vaccinated.
                  The same cancer my mom is currently dealing with, which certainly made me pause.

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

He was 84 and had cancer, sadly. He died because a lot of selfish people are not vaccinated.
                    What proof do you have to make such a claim? Vaccinated people can carry the virus.

Comment

The purge.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ccine-mandate/

Comment

Originally posted by gneissguy View Post
                        He chose not to follow his employer's rules - it was his decision.

Comment

What proof do you have to make such a claim?
                          Lol
                          "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post

The same cancer my mom is currently dealing with, which certainly made me pause.
                            My friend's husband was diagnosed with it early this year, too. He's only in his 50s, and just had a bone marrow transplant a few days ago. I thought of your mom when she told me of his diagnosis. It was scary for him to be in a hospital for several days with all of the unvaccinated, pro-disease people out there.

How is your mom doing? 💙
                            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Good job, WSU!

Comment

Damn college football coaches are overpaid.

im sure he can find a comparable paying job in the service industry, I hear restaurants are hiring. Of course he might have to get vaccinated at some of those too. Maybe Lorena Boerbert has a position open for a server at her restaurant.
                                Baseball is life;
                                the rest is just details.

Comment

Working...
                                X