Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

I said this elsewhere and I’ll repeat it here I don’t want the unvaccinated to die, I just don’t want them to be plague rats either.

however at this point I have little sympathy for the unvaccinated who do die when there is a readily available and free vaccine available.

as to old people dying form Covid who are vaccinated, yes over 80% of the breakthrough deaths from vaccinated Covid patients are in the over 65 group, so it is even more important to mandate vaccines for anyone who regularly works around people Age 65 and older whether or not the persons over 65 is vaccinated or not.
    I agree with your first sentence entirely.

I disagree with your second. There are people that make bad decisions on all manners of things all the time. I'm not going to wish death upon them and wish that their souls would "burn in hell" either. Also, there are levels to things. Someone who has antibodies and is social distancing is probably being more responsible mathematically than someone who is vaccinated but hitting packed clubs every night. Yet one of these people has had an eternity of pain and suffering wished on them here for all of the afterlife. That seems to be an unhealthy, unbalanced and irrational set of hopes, whether intended literally or figuratively.

As for your third, I'm all for the messaging. I'm concerned about the mandate, not opposed but concerned, more so from the slippery slope aspect. Also, while the science seems clear that the vaccines reduce the severity of individual covid cases among those who catch it, the science is not settled (at least not in what I've seen) on some massive reduction in transmissibility. That's why what you hear emphatically is about hospitalization and death rate separation amongst vaxxed and unvaxxed, and why you hear so much about breakthrough cases. From the CDC as of a few weeks ago:

Originally posted by CDC.gov
    • Available evidence suggests the currently approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective against hospitalization and death for a variety of strains, including Alpha (B.1.1.7), Beta (B.1.351), Gamma (P.1), and Delta (B.1.617.2); data suggest lower effectiveness against confirmed infection and symptomatic disease caused by the Beta, Gamma, and Delta variants compared with the ancestral strain and Alpha variant. Ongoing monitoring of vaccine effectiveness against variants is needed.
    Originally posted by CDC.gov
    Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons potentially have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons, although additional studies are needed.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ed-people.html

It's also noteworthy that we never see comparisons of vaxxed to those with antibodies. Or vaxxed and socially irresponsible versus unvaxxed and socially distant. Maybe we should think twice before rooting for Satan to come gather up half of the population.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
      I am a kidney transplant recipient. I should be SEEING a doctor every three months for follow up. I haven’t seen a doctor in person since January but f 2020. I still go for the bloodwork which where I go I am in and out in 5 minutes whereas if I went to the hospital for a full appointment I would be there 1- 2 hours. Instead I do a video appointment. Why? I can’t risk being around unvaccinated people indoors for if with all my underlying conditions, if I got covid. I very likely would die or at minimum he intubated. And forget dining out or walking in a store because some selfish entitled Murican can’t be inconvenienced to put a mask on because only his or her freedoms matter. I have learned these last years that my life, and lives are f people like me on this country are worthless. F this piece of crap country
      It's been several years since your transplant. I remember because at the time you understandably asked for prayers from this community. You probably don't recall, or don't care, but while I don't believe in organized religion I do believe in the power of prayer, and I sincerely prayed for you each time you put that call out. I'm happy that your transplant procedure has been successful. I empathize completely with your concerns about doctor visits. I've said here my wife has a condition and has chemotherapy monthly to treat it, effectively shutting down her immune system. She has to go in for an infusion and I'm scared every time she does. I'd imagine her odds of survival would be very low if she were to be infected. But I'm still not going to wish damnation upon people that don't view this the exact same way you do or I do. There is a bit of sad irony in asking for prayers for safety for yourself, but condemning people that have concerns about this vaccine. Whatever your higher power is, I'm pretty sure those two things are at odds.

Also, if not for this piece of crap country, you'd probably never have had the ability to get a kidney transplant, and my wife never would have the chemo and biologic treatments that have literally saved her life.

Like I said, it may not matter to you but I continue to wish the best for you and your health as well as your friend's mother.

Comment

Originally posted by gneissguy View Post
        Another privileged and entitled moron gone. Maybe fox (who mandates everyone, including on air talent be vaccinated) can hire him and help their efforts to kill more Americans with stupid conspiracy theories.

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
          If you believe that the evidence that elderly people are at more risk and that nursing homes are hot spots, and then on top of that you believe that 1 in 2 people walking around in this country are death-wielding vermin with blood on their hands, then yes I'd say it's stupid and selfish to put your mother in a nursing home. I mean this all started with a conversation about 460 cops across the entire US that died over a 22 month period from Covid. There were what, 13k victims in nursing homes in NY alone that died from Covid in like 10 months?
          Nursing homes are not always choices at least not in the way you are presenting it. Not sure if you are displaying ignorance or just being deliberately obtuse.
          ​​​​​
          I think we need a nationwide mandate. Full stop. Medical exemptions only. As it stands, if you work in a front facing job of any kind and you are choosing not to be vaccinated, yeah, you may have blood on your hands. I hold some people such as cops and healthcare workers to an even higher standard. Nothing but contempt for them.

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
            It's been several years since your transplant. I remember because at the time you understandably asked for prayers from this community. You probably don't recall, or don't care, but while I don't believe in organized religion I do believe in the power of prayer, and I sincerely prayed for you each time you put that call out. I'm happy that your transplant procedure has been successful. I empathize completely with your concerns about doctor visits. I've said here my wife has a condition and has chemotherapy monthly to treat it, effectively shutting down her immune system. She has to go in for an infusion and I'm scared every time she does. I'd imagine her odds of survival would be very low if she were to be infected. But I'm still not going to wish damnation upon people that don't view this the exact same way you do or I do. There is a bit of sad irony in asking for prayers for safety for yourself, but condemning people that have concerns about this vaccine. Whatever your higher power is, I'm pretty sure those two things are at odds.

Also if not for this piece of crap country, you'd probably never have had the ability to get a kidney transplant, and my wife never would have the chemo and biologic treatments that have literally saved her life.

Like I said, it may not matter to you but I continue to wish the best for you and your health as well as your friend's mother.
            There is pretty great medicine including transplants and cancer treatment worldwide and without the financial burden. Not sure what you're basing this on.

Comment

Originally posted by gneissguy View Post
              Bye, Felicia.

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                There is pretty great medicine including transplants and cancer treatment worldwide and without the financial burden. Not sure what you're basing this on.
                Yeah, pretending that everyone is able-bodied and/or moneyed enough to care for a disabled family member (I couldn't due to my own disabilities), and that civilized countries (those with universal coverage) don't have high quality transplant medicine and cancer treatment is... something.

Rick was right.
                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

My friend's husband was diagnosed with it early this year, too. He's only in his 50s, and just had a bone marrow transplant a few days ago. I thought of your mom when she told me of his diagnosis. It was scary for him to be in a hospital for several days with all of the unvaccinated, pro-disease people out there.

How is your mom doing? 💙
                  She's doing better than she has in a long time. Right now she's on chemo which she's handling well (it mostly just makes her tired for a day) and at some point in the future she'll be getting a bone marrow transplant.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

I said this elsewhere and I’ll repeat it here I don’t want the unvaccinated to die, I just don’t want them to be plague rats either.

however at this point I have little sympathy for the unvaccinated who do die when there is a readily available and free vaccine available.
                    This is pretty much where I'm at. I don't wish the disease on anyone. I don't hope anyone dies. But, if you have chosen to ignore the recommendations, you have brought about the consequences. Don't expect sympathy from me.

As most of you know, I don't particularly trust the government to do its job well. I have worked in and for the federal government for too many years to think they're effective or efficient....or even competent. But, I also don't believe there's a conspiracy within that government to act poorly. So, when the government makes a recommendation to get a vaccination, I roll up my sleeve. If you choose NOT to do so, so be it, but don't expect me to weep and wail when the disease knocks on your unvaccinated door.

Completely different point, but the State Department issued a travel advisory recommending American citizens get out of Haiti back in August. If people ignored that recommendation, they should not expect government intervention when they are subsequently kidnapped there. Much like Afghanistan.

Covid? Haiti? Afghanistan? You were warned, and elected to ignore the warnings. You need to live or die with the consequences. You should NOT expect governmental investment in your plight. The government did its due diligence in issuing the warnings. You didn't listen.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                    - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
                      This is pretty much where I'm at. I don't wish the disease on anyone. I don't hope anyone dies. But, if you have chosen to ignore the recommendations, you have brought about the consequences. Don't expect sympathy from me.

As most of you know, I don't particularly trust the government to do its job well. I have worked in and for the federal government for too many years to think they're effective or efficient....or even competent. But, I also don't believe there's a conspiracy within that government to act poorly. So, when the government makes a recommendation to get a vaccination, I roll up my sleeve. If you choose NOT to do so, so be it, but don't expect me to weep and wail when the disease knocks on your unvaccinated door.

Completely different point, but the State Department issued a travel advisory recommending American citizens get out of Haiti back in August. If people ignored that recommendation, they should not expect government intervention when they are subsequently kidnapped there. Much like Afghanistan.

Covid? Haiti? Afghanistan? You were warned, and elected to ignore the warnings. You need to live or die with the consequences. You should NOT expect governmental investment in your plight. The government did its due diligence in issuing the warnings. You didn't listen.
                      It's a public health crisis. It's not about them. They have no right to let the disease knock on my vaccinated door. They should not be allowed that "choice". Mandate vaccines. Full stop.

Comment

My patience and tolerance for these selfish. Stupid and privileged pro death snd pro covid lover “freedom” losers is gone. These garbage losers think I can die so they don’t have to be inconvenienced by wearing a damn mask. They can all rot you know where

Comment

It's a public health crisis. It's not about them. They have no right to let the disease knock on my vaccinated door. They should not be allowed that "choice". Mandate vaccines. Full stop.
                          I have no issues with that. I've said it before........this is about the most stupid issue to have become politicized.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                          - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

Yeah, pretending that everyone is able-bodied and/or moneyed enough to care for a disabled family member (I couldn't due to my own disabilities), and that civilized countries (those with universal coverage) don't have high quality transplant medicine and cancer treatment is... something.

Rick was right.
                            I have told this story before but it bears repeating. My 77 year old mother has a rare blood cancer that has been successfully treated with a medication no insurance will cover. Not because it doesn’t work, because it costs too much. About $150,000 a year. What non billionaire can afford that? Only reason she can be on it is because she gets a grant that she has to apply for each year. Each time they deny it but they eventually approve after appeal or appeals. This while she stresses will this be the year I die because I can’t get the medication? Also that time may come soon. Her eligibility is based on household income which includes my salary. Even though my salary and their income combined doesn’t equal $150,000, they would deem us too wealthy to qualify. What civilized nation makes a 77 year old woman literally beg for her life? What a garbage country

Comment

Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post

She's doing better than she has in a long time. Right now she's on chemo which she's handling well (it mostly just makes her tired for a day) and at some point in the future she'll be getting a bone marrow transplant.
                              I'm so glad to read this! I know she'd been having repeated, major setbacks for a long time. She and you deserve a break!
                              "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

I'm basing this on the fact that this "garbage country" has funded more medical R&D in general in history than any other - by far - and has pioneered treatment capabilities and strategies in the referenced fields and all others. This country has done more for medical advancements globally than any other.

The US spends >$600B on medical R&D annually. Spain only invests $22B ($473 per capita, only 25% of the per capita rate of the US) but their citizens have and continue to benefit greatly from the broader investment and advancements funded by the US. Finland's annual medical R&D budget is <$10B. China is the only country even remotely close to the US in gross R&D investments, but their per capita rate ($386) is <20% than that of the US. Yes, this country needs to do far better in terms of how we pay for healthcare, but many wouldn't be stressing about how to pay for treatments but rather that the treatments weren't available in the first place if it weren't for this "garbage country."

Comment

Working...
                                X