Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post

Hate to break it to you guys,, but NYYFans isn't the world.
    Neither is social media?

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

Neither is social media?
      A whole lot bigger than NYYFans forum.
      Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

A whole lot bigger than NYYFans NFL forum.
        My point still stands

Comment

My point still stands
          Not really. Social and regular media are much more representative of the world than NYYFans.
          Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Comment

Not really. Social and regular media are much more representative of the world than NYYFans.
            My point was neither NYYfans or social media are a good indicator of popular opinion.

As for traditional media, I don't think most people know who Henry Ruggs is; there are (unfortunately) many drunken driver deaths. Aaron Rodgers has hosted Jeopardy.

I wouldn't confuse that with how people feel about the severity of those issues.

Comment

My point was neither NYYfans or social media are a good indicator of popular opinion.

As for traditional media, I don't think most people know who Henry Ruggs is; there are (unfortunately) many drunken driver deaths. Aaron Rodgers has hosted Jeopardy.

I wouldn't confuse that with how people feel about the severity of those issues.
              Of course I can. Far more vitriol towards Rodgers who chose not to get vaccinated than a man who got behind the wheel drunk and murdered someone.

The COVID angries on full display.
              Calmer than you are

Comment

Henry Ruggs was all over social media. Now it's moved on to Rodgers. That's kind of how it works.

Comment

Covid has killed more people than Henry Ruggs. Today. In almost every state.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
                    Whoo boy, Aaron Rodgers gave an interview to someone named Pat McAfee today.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/stat...686218256?s=20

Clearly Shailene Woodley doesn't have the Gisele super power of knowing how to get her man to STFU.
                    I think pretty much you can stop reading after this part "Aaron Rodgers on his recovery: "I consulted a good friend of mine, Joe Rogan"

I mean, I stopped reading at that point because I could not stop laughing.
                    Originally posted by DEADSOX
                    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
                    **This Space For Rent**

Comment

I always get my medical advice from comedians. Come on who doesn’t?

Comment

Conservative media outlet anti-vax Newsmax to impose vaccine mandates on its employees.
                        Baseball is life;
                        the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by yankee tripper View Post
                          conservative media outlet anti-vax newsmax to impose vaccine mandates on its employees.
                          lmaooooo
                          "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                            Conservative media outlet anti-vax Newsmax to impose vaccine mandates on its employees.
                            I get that this is worth a chuckle given the brand of this outlet, but it's not like they're doing this on their own. I suppose that they could simply not comply, and that could actually sit well with their viewers, but my guess is they don't have the scale (thankfully) to bear that sustained risk of penalties. Also, should probably note that they are imposing the conditional mandate, allowing employees to test weekly if they choose not to vaccinate.

*Disclaimer - I have never and will never spend a second of my life watching Newsmax. I think this is good for a giggle, but it's also misleading.

Probably the bigger Newsmax related story is that one of their WH correspondents was pulled off the air for a tweet that reads "Dear Christians: the vaccines contain a bioluminescent marker called LUCIFERASE so that you can be tracked... Read the last book of the New Testament to see how this ends."

Comment

My kids got their first Covid-19 vaccine doses today! 💗
                              "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

Well, actually, it should. Many little kids live with elderly grandparents. Many, mine included, are babysat by elderly grandparents. Unless you don't give a hoot about anyone else, your kids should be vaccinated against covid.

I've seen previously healthy young children get put on ECMO and have multiple pressors via drip on board because of covid, and the risks of covid in kids are greater than many other childhood diseases for which we still vaccinate, so my kids will be vaccinated. I prefer that they have their best chance to survive. YMMV.

Ok, gotta do what I said and block the retread. Heh, that rhymes.
                                That might make sense if these vaccines werent so leaky. Giving a kid an experimental vaccine would maybe make sense if 1. The virus was harmful to children 2. If the vaccines worked well and you werent going to have to re-vax every few months.
                                How leaky are these vaccines? Lets take a look at how the most vaccinated country on earth is doing.
                                https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ountry/israel/
                                Ouch. Let them experiment on my kids with this? Nah I’ll pass thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X