Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by trapper700 View Post

    This is a terrible take. You might as well be a Republican in the beginning of 2020 saying "it's just the flu, bro."
    No. I was asking Rick specifically about his condition and why it was so dangerous for him. He understood and explained it. It wasn't "a take".

    Comment


      Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

      No. I was asking Rick specifically about his condition and why it was so dangerous for him. He understood and explained it. It wasn't "a take".
      The problem here is that the way you said it makes it sound like you think that once anyone, not just Rick, is fully vaccinated from covid that it's no different from the flu, which is definitely not the case. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

      Comment


        Originally posted by trapper700 View Post




        This administration is f'ing evil and monstrous and I hate them so much.

        Screw any children below 5 years old since they can't get the vaccine yet even if they/their parents want. Screw any teenagers who want to get vaccinated but their parents won't let them. Screw anyone who is immunocompromised or unvaccinated not by choice. Screw protecting all of the citizens of the country and let's place the blame on them instead of us for not doing anything more. Let's just go ahead and pretend that unvaccinated people don't exist at all in our happy capitalist paradise.
        Horrific messaging.Trying to instill fear into people. I assure you, it's not going to work, neither are these CRINGE videos:

        https://twitter.com/KJP46/status/147...616125440?s=20
        Calmer than you are

        7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

        Comment


          Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post

          Who can take 2+ more years of this?
          It's no way to live. It just isn't. I hope that article I posted is closer to the truth. I could see it becoming endemic late next year, between the vaccinated and the high rates of infection.

          The long-term trauma, particularly for kids, is going to be off the charts. They are missing out on so much of childhood that they can't get back. I'm so angry for my children. For all children. They're losing caregivers and grandparents. I'm not a kid, obviously, and I can tell it's causing even me a good deal of trauma. Hospital work adds to the "regular" trauma of it all, I think.

          I have seen a handful of articles about the psychological effects of this, but I think it'll be like nothing we've ever experienced. With all of the undercounting and excessive deaths, we've probably lost more than a million people in this country. Huge events such as 9/11, which shaped my generation as a young adult, don't even come close.

          ​​​​​​​John, I know you work with already troubled kids, but have things been worse for them because of COVID? Any trauma specifically from COVID, that you've noticed?
          "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

          Comment


            Since March of 2020 I have filled my gas tank a total of four times. I drive a gas guzzler (Jeep Wrangler). Leaving the house for me is to go to the pharmacy or a doctor or in warm weather outside visits and a few outside dining. That is it. I see some complaining about another year. I would give anything for it to be just a year. I see people on Facebook dining out (last dinner in a restaurant was February of 2020). Last entertainment was Florida in 2019. I am not alone. But it is reality for me and millions like me with reduced immune systems due to transplant. We have no choice but to “take it”. Yea f people cared if we lived or died and did what is needed maybe the end would be close. This will be the first year since I was in high school (1986) I didn’t go to a movie theater. This is likely the rest of my life. I would love to know this would end in 2024. But I can complain or just can make the most of what my situation is which is what I do.

            Comment


              Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post

              This is right in my wheelhouse. I've been doing social distancing my entire life
              I'm a homebody and even I can't take this anymore. This isn't life. It's existing. Plus I try to remember the kids missing so much of childhood, and the people who enjoy socializing. I know you're being facetious to an extent, so sorry if I sound ridiculous. I'm just really, really worn down by this, as we all are.
              "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

              Comment


                Originally posted by trapper700 View Post




                This administration is f'ing evil and monstrous and I hate them so much.

                Screw any children below 5 years old since they can't get the vaccine yet even if they/their parents want. Screw any teenagers who want to get vaccinated but their parents won't let them. Screw anyone who is immunocompromised or unvaccinated not by choice. Screw protecting all of the citizens of the country and let's place the blame on them instead of us for not doing anything more. Let's just go ahead and pretend that unvaccinated people don't exist at all in our happy capitalist paradise.
                I don't think they're talking about all of the people who CAN'T be vaccinated for the various reasons that you mentioned. They're part of the reason that others NEED to be vaccinated. This statement is pretty clearly aimed at those who are screwing (sickening and killing) us all by refusing vaccination.
                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

                Comment


                  Originally posted by trapper700 View Post

                  The problem here is that the way you said it makes it sound like you think that once anyone, not just Rick, is fully vaccinated from covid that it's no different from the flu, which is definitely not the case. If I'm wrong, I apologize.
                  I've posted here with Tex for a long time. I'm confident that that isn't what she's saying.
                  "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

                    I've posted here with Tex for a long time. I'm confident that that isn't what she's saying.
                    Same.

                    Comment


                      I think for the general population they need to change messaging to living with it. It isn’t going away and until more get vaccinated these waves will continue. Cases yesterday and Friday were the two highest since the pandemic began. But with vaccines most are breakthrough. The focus needs to be on hospitalizations and deaths. They are going to be free tests available starting January 1 and schools are starting a program called “test and stay”. So for those who come in contact with someone who tests positive. Instead of being sent home for 10 days, they will be tested twice per week and can stay in school as long as they test negative. With vaccines, the Pfizer pill and other therapeutics not available a year ago, no reason for those without severe underlying conditions can’t live with it with safety followed

                      Comment


                        https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/...797632002?s=21

                        another reason the pandemic likely isn’t ending soon. Two vaccines which comprise over 50% of the world vaccinated, offer no protection from Omicron.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

                          I don't think they're talking about all of the people who CAN'T be vaccinated for the various reasons that you mentioned. They're part of the reason that others NEED to be vaccinated. This statement is pretty clearly aimed at those who are screwing (sickening and killing) us all by refusing vaccination.
                          So what exactly are they doing about it? How are they actually helping those people I've mentioned? Vaccinated people can still infect those people I've mentioned and get them killed.

                          The White House is literally consigning Americans to die (both willingly unvaccinated and otherwise) and it should be grounds for impeachment, imo.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                            https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/...797632002?s=21

                            another reason the pandemic likely isn’t ending soon. Two vaccines from China which comprise over 50% of the world vaccinated, offer no protection from Omicron.
                            Astra Zeneca and J&J aren't much better here, but we gotta scare people about the China vaccines specifically, right? I've taken a lot of sh*t, just because I'm Asian, from people pushing racist/nationalist garbage like this since the pandemic started, and I'm not even Chinese.

                            The other shots — including those from AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and vaccines manufactured in China and Russia — do little to nothing to stop the spread of Omicron, early research shows.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by trapper700 View Post

                              Astra Zeneca and J&J aren't much better here, but we gotta scare people about the China vaccines specifically, right? I've taken a lot of sh*t, just because I'm Asian, from people pushing racist/nationalist garbage like this since the pandemic started, and I'm not even Chinese.
                              It wasn’t meant as a knock against China at all just the vaccines. Going to remove the reference as to me it isn’t the issue, but the fact so many are unprotected are

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by trapper700 View Post

                                So what exactly are they doing about it? How are they actually helping those people I've mentioned? Vaccinated people can still infect those people I've mentioned and get them killed.

                                The White House is literally consigning Americans to die (both willingly unvaccinated and otherwise) and it should be grounds for impeachment, imo.
                                They need to mandate vaccines (which would have multiple lawsuits and be held up forever). What else do you think they should or could do?

                                For the willfully unvaccinated, it's their own fault. Tragic, but their own fault. I've been the first to say that it isn't the fault of the others, but I blame the anti-vaxxers.
                                "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X