Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I'm 62 years old and I've never had the flu. Not once. But then again, my father's dad died as a result of the 1918 influenza pandemic.
    I had it 3 years ago. Absolute misery. I could barely move. Getting up to go to the bathroom was almost impossible. Luckily I wasn't sick enough to be hospitalized, but I did have to use an inhaler for the first time in my life. Never before had I felt the sensation of truly not being able to get enough oxygen. It was scary.

Originally posted by ojo View Post
    The Hong Kong flu (1968) took my parents’ second born. He was two. I was born two years later. It’s such a weird feeling to ponder what might’ve been. Whenever they say, “It’s only the very young and old that need to worry”, I want to end that observation with a pick axe.
    I'm so sorry. That is heartbreaking.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

The Hong Kong flu (1968) took my parents’ second born. He was two. I was born two years later. It’s such a weird feeling to ponder what might’ve been. Whenever they say, “It’s only the very young and old that need to worry”, I want to end that observation with a pick axe.
      Werd. Or, "the only ones at risk are those over 65 or with chronic health problems." As a an over-65 with COPD, I want to scream..."And what about us? If you prick us, do we not bleed?"

My mother's mother died at a very young age in the Spanish flu of 1918 when my mother was two. The loss of her mother changed my mother's young life in dramatic ways, including the entry of a truly evil step-mom named Myrtle.
      "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Two cases confirmed in my county with a bunch of others under quarantine, so here it is. I guess we just deal with it.
        Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
          I had it 3 years ago. Absolute misery. I could barely move. Getting up to go to the bathroom was almost impossible. Luckily I wasn't sick enough to be hospitalized, but I did have to use an inhaler for the first time in my life. Never before had I felt the sensation of truly not being able to get enough oxygen. It was scary.

I'm so sorry. That is heartbreaking.
          Thanks. I know what you mean.

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
          Werd. Or, "the only ones at risk are those over 65 or with chronic health problems." As a an over-65 with COPD, I want to scream..."And what about us? If you prick us, do we not bleed?"

My mother's mother died at a very young age in the Spanish flu of 1918 when my mother was two. The loss of her mother changed my mother's young life in dramatic ways, including the entry of a truly evil step-mom named Myrtle.
          Yikes. My older sister is six years older than I am, so she was four when her younger brother passed, and looking back it wasn't just that all girls were smelly and nasty people. It was that she was dealing with some form of unresolved childhood traumatic grief.
          “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by Archer1979 View Post
            The dangerous thing with this is that folks are comparing it to the mortality rate of the flu. What folks don't know (and hardly anyone yet knows) is just how bad this thing can get. If healthy people start dying from this with adequate care, this is going to start raising some flags. The good thing for us in the Northeast is that if you're going to get sick in any part of the world, this is the area to do it in. The corridor between Boston and Yale/New Haven is loaded with great hospitals.
            Yeah, but there are a finite # of hospital beds in New England (in America for that matter).

Btw, I get my healthcare at this new upstart health organization called Johns Hopkins.

Comment

Thanks. I know what you mean.

Yikes. My older sister is six years older than I am, so she was four when her younger brother passed, and looking back it wasn't just that all girls were smelly and nasty people. It was that she was dealing with some form of unresolved childhood traumatic grief.
              I am sorry that happened.

Comment

CDC says I should stay home. Can someone bring me a sandwich and a coke?
                Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                  I am sorry that happened.
                  Thanks. I didn't mean to make this about me.

What has me on edge right now is this:

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                    CDC says I should stay home. Can someone bring me a sandwich and a coke?
                    Somebody's got to make that sandwich. Open a bottle of Scotch and raid your fridge.

Comment

Ben Rosen@ben_rosen

Jerry is annoyed his girlfriend only washes her hands the length of the Kit Kat jingle

George accuses a co-worker with allergies of having “corona cough”

Elaine wants to break up with her boyfriend but he’s quarantined

Kramer starts making his own hand sanitizer in his bathtub
                      So perfect.

Comment

I am also in the “stay home whenever possible” category. I spent two years stuck at home learning to walk again. While I won’t go to crowds (concerts, baseball games), I am not going to live as a hermit. I Met went to see “The Way Back”. Went at a time the theater is empty and sat away. Also have a hand held thing of purell.

Comment

Between this and the Giant Hogweed, do we stand a chance?
                          Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                            Between this and the Giant Hogweed, do we stand a chance?
                            Add the person who is our president right now into the mix and, well, oh boy.
                            You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                              Add the person who is our president right now into the mix and, well, oh boy.
                              Giant Hogweed would be a good nickname for him.
                              History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                              - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                                Giant Hogweed would be a good nickname for him.
                                the only thing giant about him is waistline
                                You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Working...
                                X