Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by Bub View Post
    China has a population of 1.4 billion and California has a population of 40 million, so they have 35 times the population. Even if China is under-reporting by 10 times, that would mean that they have 1 million cases, compared to estimates of 6 to 8 million in California. Even considering the lockdown in China it's still hard to comprehend the difference between the two places.
    Listen the Governor is probably giving the worst case scenario which isn't necessarily a bad thing as too many people still aren't taking this crisis seriously enough.
    NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post
      Listen the Governor is probably giving the worst case scenario which isn't necessarily a bad thing as too many people still aren't taking this crisis seriously enough.
      No, the experts are saying 6 to 8 million, the governor is saying 25 million.
      Let the kids play.

Comment

Laura Ingraham@IngrahamAngle
        Americans need to know date certain when this will end. The uncertainty for businesses, parents and kids is just not sustainable.
        Privileged suburban white woman demands to speak to the virus's manager.

Comment

Of real interest, copper can destroy the virus:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/x...=pocket-newtab
          "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post

Sit down Karen.

Comment

Did I read that correctly? Laura I. demands to know when the pandemic will end? As in is there a schedule?
              "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post
                Did I read that correctly? Laura I. demands to know when the pandemic will end? As in is there a schedule?
                She wants a date when her Zumba class will start again.
                Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Saxmania View Post
                  Without delving too deeply into politics, as someone who's living under Merkel's leadership, I'm hoping that her example is a model for the next generation of European politicians more than some of the . . . excitable and volatile alternatives out there. I definitely don't always agree with her policies, but she generally exudes calm and thoughtfulness, and people take what she says seriously.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
                  You're so lucky to live there.

Originally posted by Soriambi View Post
                  That's also always been my motto, but being told to stay away from people is bothering me. I've been doing the same thing I would be doing, only less work, for the last week and a half, but I'm somewhat inexplicably getting stir crazy.
                  Same to all of this.

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
                  God, I loathe her.
                  "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...&utm_source=fb

The Leader of the Free World Gives a Speech, and She Nails It

Germany is lucky to have a leader who is both brilliant and deeply empathetic. My envy is strong.
                    ...as well as female? I would think that adds to the envy.

I just ran across a YouTube with English subs:

"Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                      ...as well as female? I would think that adds to the envy.

I just ran across a YouTube with English subs:

I mean, yeah, that's really cool and showcases how we too can be great leaders. (I'm not saying that you think otherwise, but too many people do.) But I'm deeply, deeply envious of them having someone brilliant and empathetic. Thoughtful and caring. Genuine and honest. Etc. She's a freaking genius AND cares about people. Really rare combo.

Thanks for the link. I listened to it in German just because German sounds so weird, despite my approximately half German heritage. I did read it elsewhere.
                      "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

I mean, yeah, that's really cool and showcases how we too can be great leaders. (I'm not saying that you think otherwise, but too many people do.) But I'm deeply, deeply envious of them having someone brilliant and empathetic. Thoughtful and caring. Genuine and honest. Etc. She's a freaking genius AND cares about people. Really rare combo.

Thanks for the link. I listened to it in German just because German sounds so weird, despite my approximately half German heritage. I did read it elsewhere.
                        As someone growing up with a smattering of Yiddish in the house, "Gesundheit-system" still sounds weird.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
                        Mayonnaise is a demanding master.

Comment

I guess this when I find out I'm not essential. Not even close.
                          You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

So does everyone have an exciting weekend at home planned?

I might fill out the census thing for something to do.
                            You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                              So does everyone have an exciting weekend at home planned?

I might fill out the census thing for something to do.
                              My birthday tomorrow is gonna be lit.

Comment

My birthday tomorrow is gonna be lit.
                                Happy birthday you old bag.

My wife told me she's already thinking of ways how to dispose of my body. This is going to be fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X