X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Happy birthday you old bag.

My wife told me she's already thinking of ways how to dispose of my body. This is going to be fun.
    Thanks, Methuselah. I hope your wife is successful.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

This Pro-Publica story that dropped earlier this AM about what the CoronaVirus is doing to some patients w/the disease in a NOLA hospital is unsettling.

Man.
      “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
        This Pro-Publica story that dropped earlier this AM about what the CoronaVirus is doing to some patients w/the disease in a NOLA hospital is unsettling.

Man.
        How awful! I hope this is only happening to a very slight percentage of people. It doesn't seem like they have a good way to get these patients comfortable while they battle the disease.
        Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post

Man.
          Yikes.
          History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
          - MTG

Comment

I woke up this AM and thought for a moment if it was a wise thing to read that article. What was the point?

Then I realized it was probably going to help me maintain my diligence, so I leapt into the page.

Stay well, people!
            “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Oh Happy Day! I just found a new-in-box 3M N95 mask in with my tractor/auto painting stuff and it can't be more than ten years old. I'm busting out. Par-tee!
              "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                Oh Happy Day! I just found a new-in-box 3M N95 mask in with my tractor/auto painting stuff and it can't be more than ten years old. I'm busting out. Par-tee!
                You should donate it to a hospital.
                History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                  You should donate it to a hospital.
                  Definitely.
                  "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Today is my birthday and I'm doing a Facebook fundraiser for Doctors Without Borders. Since some of you aren't on FB, I'll post their link here. Their work is always hugely important, but even more so now. This article talks about how they'll help the most vulnerable in this pandemic, and you can click the "Donate" button on the top if you're able and so inclined:

https://www.doctorswithoutborders.or...coronavirus#p1

Battered health systems brace for the impact of coronavirus

How are you supposed to wash your hands regularly if you have no running water or soap? How can you implement “social distancing” if you live in a slum or a refugee camp? How are you supposed to stop crossing borders if you are fleeing from war? How are those with pre-existing health conditions going to take extra precautions if they already can’t afford or access the treatment they need?

The people who will especially suffer will be those already neglected, due to government austerity measures, because they have fled war, or because they don’t have access to treatment for existing conditions under privatized health care. This pandemic will also disproportionately affect those who can’t stock up on food because they already can’t afford a meal every night of the week; those who are underpaid, overworked, and deprived of sick leave, or unable to work from home; and those trapped in conflict zones under bombing and siege.
                    Thanks for reading!

Comment

Friend of mine is in isolation for two weeks with symptoms

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                        We probably have a half full case at work. I'm sure my boss will be on it. (He donates blood routinely so he's just that kind of person)
                        You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
                          Friend of mine is in isolation for two weeks with symptoms
                          Our Mayor is the first official case in our community. His wife works for us, and AFAIK, has been around our offices all last week.

Comment

Watching Cuomo's daily news briefing. He knocks it out of the park every day...too bad he can't make decisions for the entire country.
                            Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
                              Watching Cuomo's daily news briefing. He knocks it out of the park every day...too bad he can't make decisions for the entire country.
                              He comes across as empathetic and also a responsive leader. Not like that other guy who only wants praise, and deflection of responsibility for anything negative.
                              You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

They tested the guy Tuesday and still don’t have the results. My vacation ends tomorrow so they better have them.
                                Originally posted by 4bronxbombers
                                Well....I am a total bacon whore...
                                <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Comment

Working...
                                X