Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Re: Covid-19

    Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I'm so pissed off at both sides for screwing around with this right now.
    And each is spending entirely too much time blaming the OTHER side for politicizing the virus.

    And people wonder why I despise BOTH parties.

    "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

    Comment


      Re: Covid-19

      Just glad it won’t be yet another free welfare check for Wall Street

      Comment


        Re: Covid-19

        Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
        And each is spending entirely too much time blaming the OTHER side for politicizing the virus.

        And people wonder why I despise BOTH parties.
        Because you’re a cranky old man who wants people to get off your lawn?
        Baseball is life;
        the rest is just details.

        Comment


          Re: Covid-19

          Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
          Just glad it won’t be yet another free welfare check for Wall Street
          I assume this is sarcasm.
          Baseball is life;
          the rest is just details.

          Comment


            Re: Covid-19

            Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
            And each is spending entirely too much time blaming the OTHER side for politicizing the virus.

            And people wonder why I despise BOTH parties.
            One is not nearly as bad as the other, and it's not even close. I'm no huge fan of the Democrats, but they're far from the fascist nightmare that is the modern GOP.
            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

            Comment


              Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
              And each is spending entirely too much time blaming the OTHER side for politicizing the virus.

              And people wonder why I despise BOTH parties.
              The Democrats aren’t blaming the Republicans for politicizing it. They’re blaming the Republicans for trying to limit protections for workers rather than limiting the ability of businesses to line their pockets. Not the same thing.
              History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
              - MTG

              Comment


                Re: Covid-19

                Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                There was no shortage of corned beef last week. And for good reason, because who wants to eat corned beef on purpose?
                We got one for St Pattys day. Personally I love the stuff. But the rest of my family not so much. After eating the leftovers that no one else wanted I’m not in a rush to get another one. But I did enjoy this one very much. It was quite lean.
                Baseball is life;
                the rest is just details.

                Comment


                  Re: Covid-19

                  Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                  The Democrats aren’t blaming the Republicans for politicizing it. They’re blaming the Republicans for trying to limit protections for workers rather than limiting the ability of businesses to line their pockets. Not the same thing.
                  How dare Democrats try to help working Americans affected by this virus. Don’t you know we only have so much money to give away to the rich?
                  Baseball is life;
                  the rest is just details.

                  Comment


                    Re: Covid-19

                    Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                    I assume this is sarcasm.
                    Of course

                    Comment


                      Re: Covid-19

                      Corned beef is delicious, but it belongs on a sandwich. Rye bread and mustard, and maybe other meats as well. Turkey, tongue, and corned beef is a damn fine sandwich.
                      History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                      - MTG

                      Comment


                        Re: Covid-19

                        Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                        Because you’re a cranky old man who wants people to get off your lawn?
                        Well, sure. Goes without saying.

                        "But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
                        - President Barack Obama

                        Comment


                          Re: Covid-19

                          PM Narendra Modi has ordered the entire population of India not to leave their houses for 21 days. That’s 1.3 billion people. He gave them 4 hours notice. He also gave no indication of how people are to get food, water, and so on, or of how essential services are to be kept going. I assume that police with truncheons will be allowed out on the streets to beat up Muslims, but beyond that, who knows?

                          In Delhi, I saw miles and miles of shabby little tents - really, just some sticks with a cloth draped over them - by the side of the road. I’m not even sure what "don’t leave your house" means when that’s your house.
                          History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                          - MTG

                          Comment


                            Re: Covid-19

                            Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                            The Democrats aren’t blaming the Republicans for politicizing it. They’re blaming the Republicans for trying to limit protections for workers rather than limiting the ability of businesses to line their pockets. Not the same thing.
                            It's all the same, John.
                            "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

                            Comment


                              Re: Covid-19

                              Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                              PM Narendra Modi has ordered the entire population of India not to leave their houses for 21 days. That’s 1.3 billion people. He gave them 4 hours notice. He also gave no indication of how people are to get food, water, and so on, or of how essential services are to be kept going. I assume that police with truncheons will be allowed out on the streets to beat up Muslims, but beyond that, who knows?

                              In Delhi, I saw miles and miles of shabby little tents - really, just some sticks with a cloth draped over them - by the side of the road. I’m not even sure what "don’t leave your house" means when that’s your house.
                              We're headed for a world war. The thinking just lines up.
                              “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

                              Comment


                                Re: Covid-19

                                Originally posted by DrNick View Post
                                I am beginning to think this country is too stupid to survive this
                                "The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."—My favorite refrigerator magnet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X