Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Evidently the Repubs think the unemployment benefits of four months will encourage people not to work. But no problem with $500 million in free money to Wall Street. What idiot would risk no income in four months over having a full time job?

Comment

Originally posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
      Evidently the Repubs think the unemployment benefits of four months will encourage people not to work. But no problem with $500 million in free money to Wall Street. What idiot would risk no income in four months over having a full time job?
      Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but they only extended unemployment benefits from 3 months to 4 months. If the Repugs are hung up on that one month then they should be more concern with those companies stealing millions.
      NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

As someone said: this isn't welfare, it's relief. The idea that people who have been forced out of jobs are trying to not work is insulting.
        Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
          As someone said: this isn't welfare, it's relief. The idea that people who have been forced out of jobs are trying to not work is insulting.
          IF used as intended i agree. But fool me five times ...

Comment

IF used as intended i agree. But fool me five times ...
            I'm talking about the unemployment benefits, not the corporate bailouts.
            Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

I'm talking about the unemployment benefits, not the corporate bailouts.
              Ah ok yes and of course agreed

Comment

Try billion
                Baseball is life;
                the rest is just details.

Comment

Unless you are Lindsey Graham
                  Baseball is life;
                  the rest is just details.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
                    Try billion
                    Yes meant billion

Comment

karl anthony towns's mother is COVID-19 positive, on a ventilator and in a coma in the ICU

Comment

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
                        karl anthony towns's mother is COVID-19 positive, on a ventilator and in a coma in the ICU
                        Prince Charles is positive, too, but doing ok.
                        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                          Prince Charles is positive, too, but doing ok.
                          well we've heard about a lot of public figures with COVID-19 but we never hear of any that have any real problems with it. KAT's mom is one of the closest to a public figure that is close to death, I hope she pulls through

Comment

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
                            well we've heard about a lot of public figures with COVID-19 but we never hear of any that have any real problems with it. KAT's mom is one of the closest to a public figure that is close to death, I hope she pulls through
                            Terrence McNally.

Comment

13 people died of this at Elmhurst Hospital in Queens in 24 hours. They rented a refrigerated truck to store bodies. This 5.5 minute video of one of their ER docs is haunting:

https://www.nytimes.com/video/nyregi...X3DbxG5QQloaRw
                              "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

So..... the first person I actually know has tested positive (she's a nurse at a area hospital). Just saw her husband the other day.
                                You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Working...
                                X