Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

I know we were all concerned about how David Geffen was getting through these trying times.

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
      I don't watch TV news, but I spend way too much time reading it.

Tonight some imbecile on a local community forum said that we wouldn't be in this predicament if Congress hadn't wasted time impeaching Herr Drumpf. All I could do was facepalm.
      It’s the new GOP talking point.
      The impeachment trial ended Feb. 5 with Trump’s acquittal, and Cotton and other Republicans insist the process distracted lawmakers and the president — but Democrats disagree, saying the House wasn’t even briefed on the virus until the Senate trial was over.

Democrats started asking for emergency funding for the outbreak on Feb. 5, the last day of the impeachment trial, after Azar held a closed-door briefing, and they also point out that Trump and most other Republicans continued to downplay the threat well into March.
      https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/pan...sponse-report/

Comment

Originally posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
        Yeah, just because something is a talking point doesn't mean it is effective. I'd rather be on the side of all those video clips with Trump minimizing the potential impact of the virus in February and March than pretending impeachment had anything to do with it

Comment

Larry Hogan (outstanding leadership, btw) just issued Stay at Home Executive Order for the State of Maryland.

We’d feel a thousand times better as a nation if he were the current president...
          “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
            Larry Hogan (outstanding leadership, btw) just issued Stay at Home Executive Order for the State of Maryland.

We’d feel a thousand times better as a nation if he were the current president...
            Welcome to our world.

I fear life will not be the same when we come out the other side of this.
            Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
              Welcome to our world.

Some of us just want to GET to the other side (67 YO w/COPD).
              "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-warns-...ry?id=69831920
                Federal law enforcement is warning of an increase in hate crimes against Asian Americans as the coronavirus crisis continues to grow, according to a new FBI analysis obtained by ABC News.

"The FBI assesses hate crime incidents against Asian Americans likely will surge across the United States, due to the spread of coronavirus disease … endangering Asian American communities," according to the intelligence report, which was compiled by the FBI’s Houston office and distributed to local law enforcement agencies across the country. "The FBI makes this assessment based on the assumption that a portion of the US public will associate COVID-19 with China and Asian American populations."
                The document detailed a March 14 incident in Midland, Texas, in which "three Asian American family members, including a 2-year-old and 6-year-old, were stabbed … The suspect indicated that he stabbed the family because he thought the family was Chinese, and infecting people with the coronavirus."

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                  Yes. I had the if in there and took it out. It was already a negative enough post.
                  Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

I woke up this morning with a 100.2 fever. It’s gone down now, with aspirin, but I’m trying to get a test. Healthcare worker over 60 with diabetes, I should be able to get one.
                    History is our lessons to learn good things to do and bad things to not do.
                    - MTG

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
                      I woke up this morning with a 100.2 fever. It’s gone down now, with aspirin, but I’m trying to get a test. Healthcare worker over 60 with diabetes, I should be able to get one.
                      Yikes! Be safe man. Hope it’s not COVID.

Comment

Good luck. It took one of our employees visits to three different facilities before getting tested about a week ago.

Comment

Best of luck, John. This thing has me scared, and I don't scare easy. I can't imagine doing work like these people on the front lines, even if they are young and healthy and have the PPE. God love 'em.
                          "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                            Welcome to our world.

Agreed.

And not just in a "We can no longer share tearful goodbyes at the Gate" sort of way, either.
                            “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                              My mom is 63 with COPD and is terrified. I don't know what to tell her.

I'm not worried that the disease would kill me, but rather that a hospital would see my illness and decide I'm not worth of a ventilator.

Comment

Good luck John. With allergy season, every time I so much as sniffle, I break into a sweat. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X