Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

I was at a grocery store early today. The opening hours are reserved for the older folks and those immune-compromised. I was in the throng of people waiting when this young guy comes walking up. Pushes his way through the crowd until he eventually makes his way to the front. Big mistake as there were a couple of BIG Vietnam vets at the front of the line. They beat him back and threw him into the parking lot. Five minutes later, he tries it again only he doesn't get that far as a couple of ladies in the crowd stopped him and started hitting them with their purses. Five minutes later, he tries a THIRD time. This time he got everyone's attention by saying "If you don't let me through, I can't open the store!"

I'm here all week...
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
      I know we were all concerned about how David Geffen was getting through these trying times.

He deleted his Instagram after backlash over this. What a freaking TOOL. Eat the rich.
      "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
        Yeah, I pointed out that Drumpf had known about this and done nothing for months, and that that wasn't on Congress. They laughed. Because they're really, REALLY stupid and brainwashed.
        "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

I mean, that has GOT TO BE a troll job, right?
          ďNobody teaches life anything.Ē - Gabriel GarcŪa MŠrquez

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
            I mean, that has GOT TO BE a troll job, right?
            No, itís genuinely a talking point. Newt Gingrich has been saying the same thing.
            Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
              No, itís genuinely a talking point. Newt Gingrich has been saying the same thing.
              I think he was talking about the Geffen yacht post. Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
                I know we were all concerned about how David Geffen was getting through these trying times.

The tone deafness of people these days. I would have expected this type of thing to come from oblivious or uncaring republican business magnates, but Geffen is no such thing.

Comment

I woke up this morning with a 100.2 fever. Itís gone down now, with aspirin, but Iím trying to get a test. Healthcare worker over 60 with diabetes, I should be able to get one.
                  I'm late to this, but I sincerely hope you can get tested immediately and get favorable results.

I have an uncle on my mom's side and an aunt on my dad's side both hospitalized in NY with COVID. My aunt is doing fairly well but it's early yet. My uncle is coming up on 2 weeks of being on a ventilator, and while some markers seem positive he's still fully sedated.

Comment

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/corona...plies-michigan

Vendors told not to send supplies to Michigan

Comment

I woke up this morning with a 100.2 fever. Itís gone down now, with aspirin, but Iím trying to get a test. Healthcare worker over 60 with diabetes, I should be able to get one.
                      Hang tough, JL. I'm hoping it's just normal sickness.
                      You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Fever came down with aspirin. Iím not showing other symptoms - not yet, at least.
                        Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by ojo View Post
                          Given his health history, him getting it isn't good at all. Sad news. The man is a national treasure.

our wedding song:

You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Fever came down with aspirin. Iím not showing other symptoms - not yet, at least.
                            Strange times when I'm wishing you just a routine disease

Comment

Here's hoping it goes away.
                              Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                                Strange times when I'm wishing you just a routine disease
                                You're a routine disease.

(Feel better, John.)

Comment

Working...
                                X