Covid-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Covid-19

Florida issues a stay-at-home order for at least 30 days.

With an estimated four-week pre-season needed, baseball is unofficially delayed until at least June 1.
    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's
    2016 NYYFans.com Fantasy Baseball League Champjons

Comment

Originally posted by Big_E View Post
      Florida issues a stay-at-home order for at least 30 days.

With an estimated four-week pre-season needed, baseball is unofficially delayed until at least June 1.

I've wondered about that. Once the weather is better, is there any reason (other than making travel easier) that ST would have to be confined to FL?

Comment

I had to wear a mask for three months post transplant anytime I went out. Going out meant to Yale for a follow up. This was winter and it was unbearably hot

Comment

Originally posted by Texsahara View Post
          I've wondered about that. Once the weather is better, is there any reason (other than making travel easier) that ST would have to be confined to FL?
          Spring training needs special facilities. Florida is where they are.
          Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Originally posted by JL25and3 View Post
            And Arizona. But to her point, perhaps they can make do with less than ideal facilities in less than ideal circumstances?

Comment

Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
              Why? Serious question. It would seem to me to be more than a nuisance or a minor irritant than something unbearably uncomfortable.

Of course, I compare it to the rubber oxygen mask that was clipped to my helmet for all those years. It needed to seal to my face, in case of pressurization problems. Nuisance? Absolutely. Uncomfortable? Yep. Unbearably so? Not really. A surgical mask seems pretty tame, by comparison.
              Everybody reacts differently. One persons minor irritation is another persons unbearable discomfort.

I suspect those who do not feel comfortable with constant mask usage probably would not be happy being a military pilot either.
              Baseball is life;
              the rest is just details.

Comment

During WW II spring training was held in the north. But once you get to June I would think teams could train at their home ballparks.

Comment

Originally posted by ymike673 View Post
                  During WW II spring training was held in the north. But once you get to June I would think teams could train at their home ballparks.
                  The Yankees trained in good old Asbury Park, NJ. Just a quick 5-10 minutes from my home.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/02/v...y-park-nj.html
                  Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by False1 View Post
                    And Arizona. But to her point, perhaps they can make do with less than ideal facilities in less than ideal circumstances?
                    Right. And it's not as if the major league ballparks don't have anything to work with. Isn't a lot of equipment hauled down to FL anyway? Bring it home.

Comment

Here too.
                      "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post
                        Apologies if this is old news:

I knew I liked him!
                        2020 - We have baseball! For now.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Comment

I find regular surgical masks unbearably uncomfortable.
                          trying wearing something like this on a humid 90 degree day while spraying chemicals and then talk to me about unbearably uncomfortable.

You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by fredgmuggs View Post
                            trying wearing something like this on a humid 90 degree day while spraying chemicals and then talk to me about unbearably uncomfortable.

I had no idea you went bald.
                            Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                              It's shock to me too. I guess I better start wearing baseball hats.
                              You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
                                Wears mascara and eye shadow, too.
                                Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

Working...
                                X