X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RhodyYanksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by The FUTURE View Post

boy oh boy those sure are helping improve the quality of the average American's day-to-day life...
    Yeah, getting rid of lead pipes, what a waste of resources. GMAFB.

Leave a comment:

• Texsahara
    replied

boy oh boy those sure are helping improve the quality of the average American's day-to-day life...
    How do you feel about social programs?

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Tripper
    replied

Yes they are. Unfortunately reversing 40 years of infrastructure neglect takes more than a 200 word tweet to be effective.

Leave a comment:

• The FUTURE
    replied
    Originally posted by Yankee Tripper View Post

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...mplementation/

Just a sampling

-The U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) announced $52.5 billion in Federal Highway Apportionment for fiscal year 2022 the largest in decades for all 50 states and DC. The law invests $350 billion in highway programs over the next 5 years.

-The Maritime Administration (MARAD) at USDOT announced a $450 million notice of funding opportunity for the Port Infrastructure Development Program grants to improve ports and strengthen the nation’s supply chains, building off of $230 million of awards in December 2021. The Ports Infrastructure Development Program will invest $2.25 billion over the next 10 years in our nation’s critical port infrastructure.

-Vice President Harris announced a Lead Pipe and Paint Action Plan to accelerate Bipartisan Infrastructure Law investments to replace all of the nation’s lead pipes in the next decade and expand access to clean drinking water.

-EPA announced $1 billion to initiate cleanup and clear the backlog of 49 previously unfunded Superfund sites and accelerate cleanup at dozens of other sites across the country. Until this historic investment, many of these were part of a backlog of hazardous waste sites awaiting funding. These funds will help communities living near many of the most serious uncontrolled or abandoned releases of contamination finally get the protections they deserve.

-DOE released a Request for Information (RFI) on the design, construction, and operation of a new $140 million facility to demonstrate the commercial feasibility of a full-scale rare earth element (REE) and critical minerals (CM) extraction and separation refinery using unconventional resources.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Tripper
    replied
    Day 491 of build back better.
    nothing is built.
    nothing is back.
    nothing is better.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...mplementation/

Just a sampling

-The U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) announced $52.5 billion in Federal Highway Apportionment for fiscal year 2022 the largest in decades for all 50 states and DC. The law invests $350 billion in highway programs over the next 5 years.

-The Maritime Administration (MARAD) at USDOT announced a $450 million notice of funding opportunity for the Port Infrastructure Development Program grants to improve ports and strengthen the nation’s supply chains, building off of $230 million of awards in December 2021. The Ports Infrastructure Development Program will invest $2.25 billion over the next 10 years in our nation’s critical port infrastructure.

-Vice President Harris announced a Lead Pipe and Paint Action Plan to accelerate Bipartisan Infrastructure Law investments to replace all of the nation’s lead pipes in the next decade and expand access to clean drinking water.

-EPA announced $1 billion to initiate cleanup and clear the backlog of 49 previously unfunded Superfund sites and accelerate cleanup at dozens of other sites across the country. Until this historic investment, many of these were part of a backlog of hazardous waste sites awaiting funding. These funds will help communities living near many of the most serious uncontrolled or abandoned releases of contamination finally get the protections they deserve.

-DOE released a Request for Information (RFI) on the design, construction, and operation of a new $140 million facility to demonstrate the commercial feasibility of a full-scale rare earth element (REE) and critical minerals (CM) extraction and separation refinery using unconventional resources.

Leave a comment:

• Bub
    replied
    nothing is built.
    nothing is back.
    nothing is better.
    Thanks to a do nothing congress.

Leave a comment:

• The FUTURE
    replied
    nothing is built.
    nothing is back.
    nothing is better.

Leave a comment:

• RhodyYanksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post
    He's not working with a full-deck, and it's rather scary he could be asked to make quick decisions:
    For someone not working with a full deck he's done a hell of a job uniting 95% of the world against Russia in a few months time. Guess he's just fooling all those other leaders?

Leave a comment:

• ClownPickle
    replied
    Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
    He's not good at impromptu speaking, and gets tied up when he's off script. I wouldn't necessarily categorize that as "not playing with a full deck." I also believe that he processes input from members of his administration, which would be helpful when asked to make quick decisions.

His predecessor was much more frightening (for me) in that he didn't seem to the advice of people making recommendations.

Plus, Biden Incorporated is heavily invested in Taiwan, so they've got that going for them.
    Disagree. I would agree if this were a once off, but the WH has consistently needed to walk back statements made by Biden. The question posed couldn't be more straightforward.

Leave a comment:

• Yankee Tripper
    replied
    Originally posted by Maynerd View Post
    His predecessor was much more frightening (for me)
    Ah come on, who doesn't post to social media asking his supporters to start a Civil War very now and then?

Leave a comment:

• Maynerd
    replied
    Originally posted by ClownPickle View Post
    He's not working with a full-deck, and it's rather scary he could be asked to make quick decisions:
    He's not good at impromptu speaking, and gets tied up when he's off script. I wouldn't necessarily categorize that as "not playing with a full deck." I also believe that he processes input from members of his administration, which would be helpful when asked to make quick decisions.

His predecessor was much more frightening (for me) in that he didn't seem to the advice of people making recommendations.

Plus, Biden Incorporated is heavily invested in Taiwan, so they've got that going for them.

Leave a comment:

• ClownPickle
    replied

@Kevinliptakcnn
    After Biden says "yes" the US is willing to get involved militarily in Taiwan, a WH official says "As the President said, our policy has not changed. He reiterated our One China Policy and our commitment to peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait...."

Leave a comment:

• philleotardo
    replied
    Originally posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post

I've been cringing since I saw that clip 45 minutes ago. Oof.
    In case time has softened the stupidity of those years, that should burst the bad memory dam.

Leave a comment:

• RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    replied
    Originally posted by philleotardo View Post
    lol, gneissguy come back. I have many examples of Biden comparing favorably to Republican presidents and their mental capacities, but this is amazing.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...sE3jiAUbklUf2g
    I've been cringing since I saw that clip 45 minutes ago. Oof.

Leave a comment:

• philleotardo
    replied
    lol, gneissguy come back. I have many examples of Biden comparing favorably to Republican presidents and their mental capacities, but this is amazing.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...sE3jiAUbklUf2g

Leave a comment:

Working...
X