Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post

You told that story once before, but it's still hilarious. 😆
    And I’ll probably tell it again. I’m old. At least I know that one will stay funny.
    Russian warship, go **** yourself

Comment

I'm trying to be a vegetarian so I can be better to the planet and to animals. (I'm not vegan but I look for ethically sourced dairy.) I'm always hungry, and it sucks. I guess I need to find more and better sources of protein. You can eat only so many nuts, though John's mom said otherwise.

Comment

My wife has cut way back on meat but still has fish and an occasional burger. There’s some beyond beef jerky in the house and it’s pretty good but I don’t know if there’s any protein in it.
        Let the kids play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
          My wife has cut way back on meat but still has fish and an occasional burger. There’s some beyond beef jerky in the house and it’s pretty good but I don’t know if there’s any protein in it.
          This says that it's a good source of protein:

​​​​​​https://foodsided.com/2022/03/30/bey...t-based-snack/

Comment

Power went out 10 minutes ago due to a storm...and now we wait.

Comment

Best meme I've seen in a while:
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I almost got in a horrible car accident yesterday. I was in the right lane of a three-lane road. Not speeding. I was passing a convenience store/gas station on my right when a car from the middle lane swerved directly in front of me to get to the convenience store. I slammed on the brakes harder than I've ever had to slam on brakes in my life. For a few terrifying seconds, all I could think was, "I'm going to hit them. I'm going to hit them." It looked and felt inevitable. I think I missed the back right of their car by about a foot, maybe less, while they continued into the parking lot. I can't believe that someone driving behind me didn't hit my car. I slammed the horn as hard as I could, angry that that was the only way to retaliate after what they'd done. It took a couple of hours for my heart to stop racing. I'm still wishing horrible things on them, though. Not gonna lie.

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
                  I almost got in a horrible car accident yesterday. I was in the right lane of a three-lane road. Not speeding. I was passing a convenience store/gas station on my right when a car from the middle lane swerved directly in front of me to get to the convenience store. I slammed on the brakes harder than I've ever had to slam on brakes in my life. For a few terrifying seconds, all I could think was, "I'm going to hit them. I'm going to hit them." It looked and felt inevitable. I think I missed the back right of their car by about a foot, maybe less, while they continued into the parking lot. I can't believe that someone driving behind me didn't hit my car. I slammed the horn as hard as I could, angry that that was the only way to retaliate after what they'd done. It took a couple of hours for my heart to stop racing. I'm still wishing horrible things on them, though. Not gonna lie.
                  Glad you are ok, Jenn. Be extra careful, my son is on the roads out there now, and he has no idea where he is going. Beware of Pennsylvania plates.(Actually, a good idea ANYWHERE. PA drivers generally suck.)
                  "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post

Glad you are ok, Jenn. Be extra careful, my son is on the roads out there now, and he has no idea where he is going. Beware of Pennsylvania plates.(Actually, a good idea ANYWHERE. PA drivers generally suck.)
                    I haven't been to the office since last June, but crossing the Delaware River to get to work is like going into a land where driver's ed never existed.

Comment

Originally posted by theDurk View Post

It's ok. Nobody here knows how to drive, either. See my post again. LMAO.

I hope that incident didn't have long-term effects. I was feeling some serious anxiety while driving today, and that isn't the norm for me. 😕

Comment

Working...
                      X