Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longest Thread Ever 5.0

Originally posted by krystl View Post
    Yes, everyone has to make mistakes. That's how we learn. She was so determined to be on her own. She's young. I wasn't in as big a hurry as she was. But then again, I was married at 24, only 3 years older than she is now. She isn't looking to settle down anytime soon. She hasn't even found a guy she can stomach for more than a little time. :lol:

That bird sounds awesome!! You should video tape her doing that with the sea glass. If the fleshy part above her beak is light colored/beige, it usually means female (the males typically have a blue "cere").
    I can see that.

I did video tape it this morning. lol. I will look. I think it's blue and black but the lady at the pet store told us it's a female. The first lady we saw at a diff pet store told us it was a male so now we have no idea. :lol:

Comment

My mom used to have cockatiels. (I dare someone to put that in Unnecessary Censorship.) They are pretty, but get really loud in the morning. I'd get pissed when they'd wake me up. :lol:
      "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Comment

Originally posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
        I can see that.

I did video tape it this morning. lol. I will look. I think it's blue and black but the lady at the pet store told us it's a female. The first lady we saw at a diff pet store told us it was a male so now we have no idea. :lol:
        She has so many guy friends (and very few girl friends because she doesn't like the drama), but most of the guys are hoping to be more than friends and she isn't interested. She showed interest in one guy recently, but he's wants to be in a relationship and she isn't looking for that. She says he's too emotional and she doesn't want that. She was hurt terribly by the idiot she dated for 5 years from age 14 and now is having a hard time trusting anyone enough to be committed to them. And she's become very hardened. It's too bad because I think this guy could be good for her. Oh well. No reason to rush into anything.

I think the bird is a female too. Although if she's younger than a year, it may not be possible to tell yet. I wanna see the video! :lol:
        You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Comment

Originally posted by jlw1980 View Post
          My mom used to have cockatiels. (I dare someone to put that in Unnecessary Censorship.) They are pretty, but get really loud in the morning. I'd get pissed when they'd wake me up. :lol:
          I always liked cockatiels, but I heard they can get very temperamental if not handled frequently (talk about unnecessary censorship!) I guess that's true of most birds.

I only ever had parakeets or canaries.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bronxbombers
            .... She likes to sit in this big vase in the living room filled with chunks of sea glass - she picks them up with her beak and tosses them outside the vase all over the radiator and floor. It's pretty funny and she makes a lot of noise when she's tending to this little project of hers. :lol:
            I think she crapped on Rodney.
            Let the kids play.

Comment

Going home tomorrow. All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Good afternoon. (Or is it evening now?) It turned out to be a lovely day. 80 degrees and sunny.
                You wanna know what? You gotta problem with Luis Cessa, you gotta problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate

Comment

She has so many guy friends (and very few girl friends because she doesn't like the drama), but most of the guys are hoping to be more than friends and she isn't interested. She showed interest in one guy recently, but he's wants to be in a relationship and she isn't looking for that. She says he's too emotional and she doesn't want that. She was hurt terribly by the idiot she dated for 5 years from age 14 and now is having a hard time trusting anyone enough to be committed to them. And she's become very hardened. It's too bad because I think this guy could be good for her. Oh well. No reason to rush into anything.

I think the bird is a female too. Although if she's younger than a year, it may not be possible to tell yet. I wanna see the video! :lol:
                  You and my friend Caroline (who texted me immediately today because she saw a bear and its 2 cubs while walking her dog in the reservoir today) are about the only 2 people on the planet that I would send this exhilarating video to. :roflmao:

I hear you about Shannen and I can see why. It's unfortunate that she isn't trusting anyone just yet. Who knows - in time maybe their friendship will develop and she will be able to trust this guy. I agree though - no rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Bub View Post
                    I think she crapped on Rodney.
                    I was thinking the same thing. Damnit - the guy gets no respect - even from a bird! :lol:

Comment

That's unfortunate, especially bc she is so young too. But time is all she needs. We all have to learn to give time, time. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by yankeeschic12324 View Post
                        That's unfortunate, especially bc she is so young too. But time is all she needs. We all have to learn to give time, time. :lol:
                        Yeah, hopefully she'll come to the realization that not all guys are like that dirtbag. In the meantime, she's not dwelling on it. She's got plenty of things to keep her busy.

Vick, I can think of a few others who would get a kick out of your bird's antics!

Comment

Morning, LTE!
                          It's really foggy out this morning! I decided to walk on the track instead of around the neighborhood.

Last night it was so gorgeous out, I dragged hubby out walking by the river after dinner. I have to keep reminding myself we live so close to some real beautiful scenery and we should take advantage of it!

Comment

Hello all

Comment

Hi friends

Comment

Morning, LTE!
                                It's really foggy out this morning! I decided to walk on the track instead of around the neighborhood.

Last night it was so gorgeous out, I dragged hubby out walking by the river after dinner. I have to keep reminding myself we live so close to some real beautiful scenery and we should take advantage of it!
                                Some of the best things to see and experience are right in your own backyard. I'm still finding stuff to see and do within an hour of home and I've been here all my life.
                                Let the kids play.

Comment

Working...
                                X