Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREAKING NEWS: Fish GM Arrested

BREAKING NEWS - Greenwich, CT

Sal Bass, the GM of the *FIghtingFisherMen*, was apprehended by CT State Troopers early this morning on I-95 for illegally transporting a bloated blowfish over state lines for "immoral purposes."
    (The moderators have asked that I not further define "immoral purposes" as we need to be in keeping with the site's decorum.)

The news is expected to have a devastating affect on the club as they enter the playoffs next week after their first round bye. Fish leftfielder, Joey Gallo, is concerned that he may go into a tailspin now that the team's GM is behind bars. "I am 0-36 as it is. I don't need this,"

This reporter overheard the following conversation at the Greenwich police station:

Police Captain: What kind of fish?

Arresting Officer: What?

Police Captain: What kind of fish?

Arresting Officer: I don't know... The kind you eat? A fish!

Police Captain: You don't know what kind?

Arresting Officer: No I don't.

Police Captain: Where'd he get it?

Arresting Officer What the fish? A fish place!

Police Captain: What he just goes in there and says give me a fish?

Arresting Officer: Pretty much, yeah.

Police Captain: He didn't say he wants a salmon, a haddock, a freaking cod?

Arresting Officer: What the fry does it matter what kind of fish it was? Why are you so concerned about this fish?

Police Captain: I'm just trying to understand how a person can buy a fish, and not know what kind it was.
    Because I want to be able to explain this if the press asks me.

Bass will be put on administrative leave...The acting GM will be announced shortly, please stay tuned as further news develops.

"Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Bass has escaped and is running loose in Connecticut....DEVELOPING
    Local Fish Stores on High Alert....DEVELOPING
    "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

I see a location and name change in the future for the FightingFishermen.
      Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
        I see a location and name change in the future for the FightingFishermen.
        I am kind of a ramblin guy....but if I win it all this year the name sticks like a fish

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post

I am kind of a ramblin guy....but if I win it all this year the name sticks like a fish
          do fish actually stick or are you getting this confused with fishsticks ?
          NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
          2010, 2011, 2015 & 2018 Gehrig Division Champs.

Comment

Originally posted by The FUTURE View Post

do fish actually stick or are you getting this confused with fishsticks ?
            I can't answer this...GM is still AWOL....announcement to come on an ACTING GM

Comment

any updates ??
              NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
              2010, 2011, 2015 & 2018 Gehrig Division Champs.

Comment

Originally posted by The FUTURE View Post
                any updates ??
                This sure has been swept under the rug, right?
                Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post

This sure has been swept under the rug, right?
                  Sal Bass has been hiding in Brian Cashman's basement, playing video games with Mike Fishman. The team is being run now by Mike Trout's cousin, "Phiily Joe" Flounder. No further updates are planned, as they serve as a distraction to the team.

Comment

Working...
                  X