BREAKING NEWS: Acting Fish GM Spontaneously Combusts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREAKING NEWS: Acting Fish GM Spontaneously Combusts

Bad news continues to plague America's Team, the *FIghtingFisherMen* as they combat the Evil Sons of Pitches in the NYYFAN playoffs.

Acting GM Phiily Joe Flounder died suddenly of spontaneous combustion while watching the Fish take an early lead on the SoPs.

All that was left was part of one shoe, a toe, and a half-eaten can of tuna.

Flounder was anointed Acting GM after Sal Bass, the team 's original GM, went off the rails and was caught smuggling a blowfish over state lines. You may remember Bass as the architect of this exceptional team, and as the brains behind the unconventional drafting of Domingo German as the #1 pick in the draft.

The team owner is vacationing in France and can not be reached for a comment. It is not known at this time who is running the team.

A memorial service will be held tomorrow at 5pm at Squid Stadium for Flounder. Check your local listings to see if it will be televised in your market area.

"Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Glub glub glub
    Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by JDPNYY View Post
      Glub glub glub
      It is a sad time for the Fish...we need your support
      "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

The Ligers have a rooting interest in the playoffs, but it is not the Fish.

Comment

The Ligers have a rooting interest in the playoffs, but it is not the Fish.
          Your son is favored to win it all....It may come down to the Fish and the Besties -- depending on Mr. Cole and his two starts for SoP.

Comment

Originally posted by hardrain View Post

Your son is favored to win it all....It may come down to the Fish and the Besties -- depending on Mr. Cole and his two starts for SoP.
            The Ligers were really hoping to sneak into the post season despite being written off. It would have been nice to have 3 family members in the playoffs.

Comment

The Ligers were really hoping to sneak into the post season despite being written off. It would have been nice to have 3 family members in the playoffs.
              Wait...Is Planet Express also your son>

Comment

Wait...Is Planet Express also your son>
                Indeed

Comment

Indeed
                  wow...I did not know...the whole fam is really good at this fantasy baseball thing.

Comment

The team has been doing well this week with no executive management whatsoever.

Comment

The team has been doing well this week with no executive management whatsoever.
                      Or all year for that matter.

Comment

Or all year for that matter.
                        well, no, Sal Bass made him bold and innovative moves.

Comment

well, no, Sal Bass made him bold and innovative moves.
                          Sal Bass is actually Salman Rushdie, no? I think I met him once in a sauna.

I hid in the clouded wrath of the crowd, when they said "sit down" I stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloNewman View Post
                            Sal Bass is actually Salman Rushdie, no? I think I met him once in a sauna.
                            YES = excellent....but for obvious reasons we must keep his whereabouts unknown.

Comment

Working...
                            X