No announcement yet.

Juan Soto in a blockbuster; not the real life blockbuster; but a fantasy one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juan Soto in a blockbuster; not the real life blockbuster; but a fantasy one

SoP acquire OF Juan Soto and RHP Charlie Morton for RHP Kyle Wright (16th round; 3 keeps remaining).

Going for the title.

Discuss ??
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010, 2011, 2015 & 2018 Gehrig Division Champs.

Now that's a trade.
    Join the NYYFANS keeper league. Click here!

Comment

This will get through because so many teams in this league just stop paying attention in June, which is sad, but this is a really bad trade.
      NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
      World's Greatest Yankee Blog

Comment

wtf????
        "Jerry, It's Frank Costanza. Mr. Steinbrenner is here. George is dead. Call me back."

Comment

It's such a bad trade you didn't even mention the other team involved.

Comment

I objected to this one, which I rarely do because wtf dudes

Comment

Anyway this league is dead considering the lack of objections to this and trades in May that make sense are 11 objections

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
                Anyway this league is dead considering the lack of objections to this and trades in May that make sense are 11 objections
                The site being down all the time doesn't help either, but if the standard for trades to clear is not to upset the competitive balance of the league, then it is the rare trade that will fail to clear that. Lots of people in the fantasy baseball world believe you should never veto a trade unless it's collusion. We need to have a real, defined, employable standard for trades/objections/etc for there to be a real impact.

Comment

I viewed Kyle Wright as a top tier keeper but as a Braves fan maybe I was overvaluing him. It was actually really hard for me to hit accept on this one.

Comment

I will say thank you for at least expressing your opinion on it though. I’ll agree with gdn the site being down has limited my interactions on the forum for sure. I imagine this is the case for a few others here

Comment

Originally posted by The FUTURE View Post
                      I viewed Kyle Wright as a top tier keeper but as a Braves fan maybe I was overvaluing him. It was actually really hard for me to hit accept on this one.
                      It's not outrageously bad considering our keeper rules - a low round SP keeper is quite valuable. Maybe a 1-for-1 would've been "fairer?" But if our standard is 'so bad that it upsets the balance of the league' (as I've been saying for years - whatever that means), then it's not one that would end up getting vetoed. On the other hand, I totally get why folks would look at Soto for Wright and think that it was an awful trade.

Bottom line is: we need a better definition for what's objectionable and veto-worthy. Some leagues have all trades go automatically to the commissioner, but then again, folks believe that nothing should be rejected unless it's collusion. So what then? Maybe the commissioner does have to approve every trade, but we come up with a workable standard for determining when to accept/reject a trade? Or we end up here - where which trade gets sent to the commissioner is random and therefore there's inconsistent use of the veto across the whole universe of trades and the standard is nonsense and vague anyway.

Comment

FWIW, I objected to this one because I frankly find it ridiculous. Kyle Wright? C'mon. But some feel the same way about my trade earlier this year. So it is what it is.

Comment

I have dangled the 3rd best hitter in the league for months now. Looking for a good ML keeper. I've not gotten any offers as good as Kyle Wright.
                          Sometimes I feel like my sell by date expired yesterday.

Comment

When I first joined the league in 2019 I inherited an awful team and I knew I needed to rebuild.

Mid-way through the year I traded Eduardo Escobar with 3 keeps left for an injured Corey Kluber - people complained that it was a horrible trade, but Escobar never played anywhere close to his 2019 season and I was able to flip Kluber before the end of the year.

I traded Corey Kluber for Casey Mize - people complained that I was trading away a former Cy Young winner for an unproven pitcher. Kluber never returned by the end of the year and I received a top prospect with 3 keeps left.

At the end of last year I was making a push for the playoffs so I traded Casey Mize for Juan Soto - people complained that Casey Mize wasn't nearly worth the value of Juan Soto especially since he had another keep left. I lost in the playoffs and Soto hasn't helped me much this year.

Now I trade Juan Soto & Charlie Morton for Kyle Wright - people are complaining that I could get far better, yet there's only a handful of teams left who are in playoff contention, none of which have offered me anything better. I didn't want 5 so-so keepers for Soto, because the odds were I wasn't going to keep most of them, so what would be the point? I wanted one solid choice. Wright is having a great year, is young, was once a top prospect in the Braves farm system, and still has 3 late round keeps yet. He's currently the #18 SP in the league. I made offers for the higher ranked pitchers who are keepers on the playoff contending teams but received rejections. This was the best I could get with the trade deadline looming.

The league may be dying because the forum hasn't been updated since 1994, but I think it's also partially because it's filled with people complaining and talking about how things USED to be better. I'm active on CBS every week all the way up until the end of the year, set the best lineup that I can Sunday night/Monday morning (my add/drops were BRUTAL this morning as my team gets a little worse in 2022 but better in future years), follow all of the league rules, and I'm fairly certain I've never rejected a trade. Because to GDN's point, unless there's collusion at play, I don't feel like a trade needs to be rejected. I've certainly felt jealous of trades before, maybe felt that some trades were a little more one-sided, but that's all part of the game. Teams that get better this year often end up worse next year - and vice versa.

In a span of 2 years I turned Eduardo Escobar into Juan Soto while receiving a smattering of complaints in between. I'll see everyone next year (and the year after that, and the year after that) when Kyle Wright is a Cy Young contender... or maybe not, that's all part of the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by CPNYY View Post
                              When I first joined the league in 2019 I inherited an awful team and I knew I needed to rebuild.

Mid-way through the year I traded Eduardo Escobar with 3 keeps left for an injured Corey Kluber - people complained that it was a horrible trade, but Escobar never played anywhere close to his 2019 season and I was able to flip Kluber before the end of the year.

I traded Corey Kluber for Casey Mize - people complained that I was trading away a former Cy Young winner for an unproven pitcher. Kluber never returned by the end of the year and I received a top prospect with 3 keeps left.

At the end of last year I was making a push for the playoffs so I traded Casey Mize for Juan Soto - people complained that Casey Mize wasn't nearly worth the value of Juan Soto especially since he had another keep left. I lost in the playoffs and Soto hasn't helped me much this year.

Now I trade Juan Soto & Charlie Morton for Kyle Wright - people are complaining that I could get far better, yet there's only a handful of teams left who are in playoff contention, none of which have offered me anything better. I didn't want 5 so-so keepers for Soto, because the odds were I wasn't going to keep most of them, so what would be the point? I wanted one solid choice. Wright is having a great year, is young, was once a top prospect in the Braves farm system, and still has 3 late round keeps yet. He's currently the #18 SP in the league. I made offers for the higher ranked pitchers who are keepers on the playoff contending teams but received rejections. This was the best I could get with the trade deadline looming.

The league may be dying because the forum hasn't been updated since 1994, but I think it's also partially because it's filled with people complaining and talking about how things USED to be better. I'm active on CBS every week all the way up until the end of the year, set the best lineup that I can Sunday night/Monday morning (my add/drops were BRUTAL this morning as my team gets a little worse in 2022 but better in future years), follow all of the league rules, and I'm fairly certain I've never rejected a trade. Because to GDN's point, unless there's collusion at play, I don't feel like a trade needs to be rejected. I've certainly felt jealous of trades before, maybe felt that some trades were a little more one-sided, but that's all part of the game. Teams that get better this year often end up worse next year - and vice versa.

In a span of 2 years I turned Eduardo Escobar into Juan Soto while receiving a smattering of complaints in between. I'll see everyone next year (and the year after that, and the year after that) when Kyle Wright is a Cy Young contender... or maybe not, that's all part of the risk.
                              well said sir; I think we all just miss Miko and Steve. We'll come back around; just give us a little time lol

Comment

Working...
                              X