No announcement yet.

2021-2022 New York Knicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this Reddish trade! I think another move is coming.
    NYYFANS: See you on the other side!

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post
      It's been quiet in here. It's funny how much less exhilarating .500 feels this year compared to last year.

While there are some clear areas they can improve in the second half, I don't think the team is going to take their real next step until they get a talent upgrade. Not sure where Rose is going to find a superstar, but that's what they need.
      I think some Knicks fans and media overrated last year's team. Therefore, I'm not surprise by their inconsistency this season. I didn't like the Randall extension because I wanted to see if he could do it again this season. I don't think he's a long-term Knick. His body language and his basketball play concern me because he's not good enough to be this ball hog. I also didn't like the Noel extension because he's always hurt. Players that get hurt all of the time, concern me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankees1962 View Post

I think some Knicks fans and media overrated last year's team. Therefore, I'm not surprise by their inconsistency this season. I didn't like the Randall extension because I wanted to see if he could do it again this season. I don't think he's a long-term Knick. His body language and his basketball play concern me because he's not good enough to be this ball hog. I also didn't like the Noel extension because he's always hurt. Players that get hurt all of the time, concern me.
        The good thing about the roster is that most of the guys have fairly short contracts and can be moved as expiring contracts next year. I didn't get the Noel contract either, but it shouldn't really hamstring them. Randall is definitely a concern; I wonder if they got a top-tier player if he'd adjust his play.

They're not a bad team, and back-to-back .500 years is definitely an improvement - they just could get caught in a cycle of mediocrity unless they can make the right trade.

Comment

I like this Reddish trade! I think another move is coming.
          It was a good deal. The Knicks can't keep adding multiple last first round picks every year, so if they didn't have an opportunity to package the pick, this was a good chance to take. It will be interesting to see what happens now.

If the team gets healthy, they could have issue with having too many guys for too few minutes - which lends itself to your belief that another deal is coming.

This roster is begging for the Knicks to go to a small ball lineup more. Thibs hasn't seemed open to that (limiting Toppin's role); it will be interesting to see how he manages Reddish, Fournier, Barrett, Burks, Grimes, Quickley, etc. He's done an amazing job in making this team respectable, but I wish he would experiment a bit more - less Noel/Gibson and more of those guys would be interesting to see.

Comment

Originally posted by YFIB View Post

It was a good deal. The Knicks can't keep adding multiple last first round picks every year, so if they didn't have an opportunity to package the pick, this was a good chance to take. It will be interesting to see what happens now.

If the team gets healthy, they could have issue with having too many guys for too few minutes - which lends itself to your belief that another deal is coming.

This roster is begging for the Knicks to go to a small ball lineup more. Thibs hasn't seemed open to that (limiting Toppin's role); it will be interesting to see how he manages Reddish, Fournier, Barrett, Burks, Grimes, Quickley, etc. He's done an amazing job in making this team respectable, but I wish he would experiment a bit more - less Noel/Gibson and more of those guys would be interesting to see.
            Right, they don't get enough fast break points! They need to run more instead of their slow ass half court offense through Randle.

Comment

I know it depends on the asset return, but would anybody be upset if they traded Randle?

Comment

I know it depends on the asset return, but would anybody be upset if they traded Randle?
                I'd be fine with it if the return was a top-tier guy (and I know that might take something in addition to Randle). I appreciate what he's meant to this team, but I don't think he's a 1A player.

That said, they'd have to get someone in return who could be their central offensive player. While he has the ball too much, I do think he takes the heat off some of the other guys by being their "star."

Comment

Working...
                X